Pixelated Image on Phone
5208 27 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jay-2
lvl.1
United States

Firmware refresh with IMU calibration didn't work.
Factory reset with firmware re-update and IMU calibration also did not work.

Any input would be appreciated.

Resized_20171125_182926.jpeg

2017-11-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Try looking at the forum, recent updates etc.
2017-11-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi Jay - me and other have similar issues. Have have done everything including recently refreshing my phone and reinstalling the app - still same problems. Be very wary to of flying in this condition. My other problems include that my general lagg in all app related actions, my drone battery life on my devise reads way higher than it does on my RC and more recently it has started to wobble in mid flight which scared the life out of me. This is very dissapointing from dji as it looks to me that this is where these problems are comming from and even more dissapointing because the moderators are not helping or providing information we can use to fix our problem that dji has created for us.
2017-11-26
Use props
Jay-2
lvl.1
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-11-26 09:04
Hi Jay - me and other have similar issues. Have have done everything including recently refreshing my phone and reinstalling the app - still same problems. Be very wary to of flying in this condition. My other problems include that my general lagg in all app related actions, my drone battery life on my devise reads way higher than it does on my RC and more recently it has started to wobble in mid flight which scared the life out of me. This is very dissapointing from dji as it looks to me that this is where these problems are comming from and even more dissapointing because the moderators are not helping or providing information we can use to fix our problem that dji has created for us.

Very new to drones and did what I could to resolve the issue before posting.  Waiting to hear back from DJI.  Problem surfaced out of nowhere.
2017-11-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Jay-2 Posted at 2017-11-26 09:12
Very new to drones and did what I could to resolve the issue before posting.  Waiting to hear back from DJI.  Problem surfaced out of nowhere.

Has seemed to surface with the latest app. I have reinstalled and done refreshes and also refreshed my phone but still the same problem.
I am lucky to have my original devise (samsung tab) which allows me to fly without pixelation and other problems but only allows 3 gig storage which is useless and the reaosn i upgraded to my new phone - which was a recomended devise but which now does not work.
If its possible for you - try to get hold of another devise.
another possiblity is to reload a earlier version of the app - unfortunately i cant tell you how to do that .
2017-11-26
Use props
Jay-2
lvl.1
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-11-26 09:16
Has seemed to surface with the latest app. I have reinstalled and done refreshes and also refreshed my phone but still the same problem.
I am lucky to have my original devise (samsung tab) which allows me to fly without pixelation and other problems but only allows 3 gig storage which is useless and the reaosn i upgraded to my new phone - which was a recomended devise but which now does not work.
If its possible for you - try to get hold of another devise.

Appreciate the input.  Pretty disappointed to say the least and have spent hours trying to fix the issue.  
2017-11-26
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
South Africa

Jay-2 Posted at 2017-11-26 09:24
Appreciate the input.  Pretty disappointed to say the least and have spent hours trying to fix the issue.

i agree - very disappointing. Before my drone i had a cheap phone that lasted many many years. Since march this year i have bought 2 recomended dji devises and am now looking at a third devise just so that i can fly my drone safely and be able to opperate it to its potential.
I really feel for those who have lost their drones due to unannounced problems that have come with new apps
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jay, sorry for the difficulties. Could you please help to name the mobile device and the OS version? I am collecting the info. Appreciate your feedback.
2017-11-26
Use props
user6ad8cb177c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203245 ft
Italy

Same problem for me... after the last djigo4 and firmware update with my redmi note4 now it’s impossible to fly! The video stream is totally green or pixelade and i can’t see nothing!
2017-11-26
Use props
djiuser_EUNXwBN
New
Flight distance : 252897 ft
Cyprus

same prob for me.. I was just saying  in some facebook groups for th mavic that I had zero issues so far.. now I can't fly at all.
2017-11-27
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I am having the exact same issue . I never get a clear pic on screen in DjiGo4 now . Litchi seems fine .  I have always used my Droid Turbo phone with no issues since January of this year but after not being able to fly for a month I did the updates and tried to fly this weekend but was a no go in DJIGO4 .
2017-11-27
Use props
Jay-2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-26 23:49
Jay, sorry for the difficulties. Could you please help to name the mobile device and the OS version? I am collecting the info. Appreciate your feedback.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, OS version 6.0.1
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jay-2 Posted at 2017-11-27 16:20
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, OS version 6.0.1

Thank you for your feedback. And I had got your PM. Since I noticed that there are some people mentioned this issue has gone when they roll DJI GO 4 back to v4.1.15, so if it is now the transmission issue, sending the drone back might not help much.
But please help to confirm one thing first, is the same case happening to the original video on the SD card, too? If the original footage doesn't have this situation, please wait for a while, and test if you have an iOS device on your side. Thank you for understanding.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jay-2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 18:33
Thank you for your feedback. And I had got your PM. Since I noticed that there are some people mentioned this issue has gone when they roll DJI GO 4 back to v4.1.15, so if it is now the transmission issue, sending the drone back might not help much.
But please help to confirm one thing first, is the same case happening to the original video on the SD card, too? If the original footage doesn't have this situation, please wait for a while, and test if you have an iOS device on your side. Thank you for understanding.

Original video on the SD has the same pixelated view and is extremely delayed.  However, pictures are crystal clear, even if the phone screen is completely pixelated.  I have yet to try the DJI GO 4 app on an Apple device.  
2017-11-27
Use props
Jay-2
lvl.1
United States

Did an individual firmware refresh on the drone and the controller.  Upon power up, camera went back to normal with zero lag and my phone screen wasn't pixelated at all.  Took it out for a quick 5 minute test flight and all went well.  Whether the image transmission holds is yet to be determined.  Hoping to get some flight time in tomorrow.  
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jay-2 Posted at 2017-11-28 19:41
Did an individual firmware refresh on the drone and the controller.  Upon power up, camera went back to normal with zero lag and my phone screen wasn't pixelated at all.  Took it out for a quick 5 minute test flight and all went well.  Whether the image transmission holds is yet to be determined.  Hoping to get some flight time in tomorrow.

Thank you for the update, and for the transmission issue, now it is resolved. Please try to refresh the app if you haven't refreshed it yet.
2017-11-29
Use props
Jay-2
lvl.1
United States

Longer flight time last night and everything worked good for the most part.  Had lag here and there and the image transmission would stumble at times but it is significantly better.  
2017-11-30
Use props
NovTom
New
Hungary

Hi I use my Mavic for 1,5year now BUT recently the image on my phone is pixellating, it has huge lag and it is very fragmented. It is basically unusable.
The problem appeared first right after I updated firmware in March.  Then I could solve the problem by restarting the RC and aircraft.
But recently the problem is constant and I can not find any solution!

I had a chance trying out my friends iPhone SE and everything seemed okay.  (the app froze several times and it wasn't very stable but no picture issue)
But could not find the solution for the RedMI Note4. Although I used this device for more than a year with excellent result. What happened when I updraded firmware on my RC+Aircraft?

Please let me know if you have same issue and if you have good solution.

cheers, Tamas
2018-5-11
Use props
ჩა რლი
New

Georgia

Jay-2 Posted at 2017-11-28 19:41
Did an individual firmware refresh on the drone and the controller.  Upon power up, camera went back to normal with zero lag and my phone screen wasn't pixelated at all.  Took it out for a quick 5 minute test flight and all went well.  Whether the image transmission holds is yet to be determined.  Hoping to get some flight time in tomorrow.

hi, can you send me link of instructions how can I do firmware refresh on drone and controller or tell how to do it? and is this safe?
2018-6-27
Use props
djiuser_u1M7LN62La2N
lvl.1

I have the pixelated image problem on my Mavic Pro. Worked with Support for long long time with no improvement. Sent drone in for repair, DJI charged me and sent a replacement. First flight and no issues for the first minute or so, and then wham, same pixelated image. I use the drone in my home inspection business and this problem makes the drone useless. What is the latest on the fix for this?  Thanks
Bob H
2018-8-1
Use props
BobDHI
lvl.1

Please help with suggestions. DJI Support is not getting it done. Thanks
(Using Samsung Galaxy S7, Android version 8.0.0}
2018-8-4
Use props
DevonFarm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-27 18:33
But please help to confirm one thing first, is the same case happening to the original video on the SD card, too? If the original footage doesn't have this situation, please wait for a while, and test if you have an iOS device on your side. Thank you for understanding.

I just got my brand new Diji Mavic Pro Platinum

UNUSABLE on Iphone x max (ios 12)
Ipad Pro (ios 12)
Samsung galaxy tab s
google pixel xl

ALL same problem with the latest firmware/diji go 4

HOWEVER

My mavic Air (on all the devices has NO issue) this seems to be JUST the pro platinum for me - I am giong to have to call diji and return it - I need to know if this issue is happening on the new mavic 2 pro
I will pay the difference for the new one if there is not this issue there.  Thank you

2018-10-4
Use props
DevonFarm
lvl.1
United States

Also if someone can confirm about the mavic 2 zoom so i know what direction to go to ensure i am out from under this mess of not being able to fly my brand new drone - thanks
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DevonFarm Posted at 2018-10-4 19:08
I just got my brand new Diji Mavic Pro Platinum

UNUSABLE on Iphone x max (ios 12)

Hi DevonFarm, sorry to know that you have an issue with your Mavic Pro Platinum. Please help to check if the original video on the SD card also has the same issue, if yes, you can try a different SD card or you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2018-10-5
Use props
Devon Farm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-10-5 03:53
Hi DevonFarm, sorry to know that you have an issue with your Mavic Pro Platinum. Please help to check if the original video on the SD card also has the same issue, if yes, you can try a different SD card or you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis. Please contact our support on the following page to start a case: http://www.dji.com/support, thank you.

No the card is fine and recorded items are fine but you have no ability to even properly fly because you can't see what is on the screen this is the exact issue many others on here are reporting with diji go 4 and their divi mavic pros
2018-10-5
Use props
Devon Farm
lvl.1
United States

As you clearly can see the issue is the APP - again i have tried multiple different devices ALL are the same HOWEVER with the mavic air NO ISSUE

I do NOT believe this is anything to do with the drone but the software if . you read the MULTITUDE of people with the identical problem.  I Just purchased BOTH these drones and the pro is unusable.
2018-10-5
Use props
Devon Farm
lvl.1
United States

Very sad state of affairs I spent 4 hours on with support they promised me a call back from someone to help arrange me returning this USELESS platinum I spent all this money on so i can try the mavic 2 pro

This drone can not be taken up  LIKE SO MANY others on this forum and NO RESPONSE or help from DJI

NO one called me back - NO email

NO i ahve to start again on monday

they promise we have 30 days to return with dji select (which i joined yet NO WHERE on the site to help facilitate and TEch support LIES and promises a call and nothing.  Mods here NO RESPONSE or offer of help with SO MANY users having this issue with Their last release.  I am extremely disheartened.  1500.00 for the platinum fly more package plus refresh and clearly their support is NON EXiSTANT

VERY bummed new DJI customer.  

p.s. I love my dji mavic air and hope it stays on good behavior because the likelihood of actually getting tech support seem slim
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Devon Farm Posted at 2018-10-5 19:18
Very sad state of affairs I spent 4 hours on with support they promised me a call back from someone to help arrange me returning this USELESS platinum I spent all this money on so i can try the mavic 2 pro

This drone can not be taken up  LIKE SO MANY others on this forum and NO RESPONSE or help from DJI

Devon, I am terribly sorry for the late reply due to the weekend. May I know if you had tried resetting the camera settings? If the issue persists, as you mentioned that this issue happened in different devices and the firmware is updated, you may need to send the drone in for diagnosis.
For the callback promise, may I know how did you contact us (via phone call or email, chat)? Could you please provide me with your phone number/email when contacting our support? We'd like to check more details and have someone to contact you regarding your situation. Look forward to hearing back from you.
2018-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules