Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-13
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Gerry got ya so I hope that helps.  Just wanted to let you know I went flying yesterday, had coffee before hand and now I know exactly what the 'potty' dance is when I am flying.
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

You're welcome my friend.  I had the same issue and did this repair.  I put Loctite on the back where the shaft is located on the outside of the camera to prevent it from turning.  I'm posting a crooked pic of before the fix.
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Before pic and fix
crooked camera.jpg
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-4-13 22:04
Gerry got ya so I hope that helps.  Just wanted to let you know I went flying yesterday, had coffee  ...

I'm getting so old that when I go to the diner every day for coffee, I have to limit it to 1 cup or I'm doing the potty dance on the way home and that is only 7 miles to drive.
2015-4-13
Use props
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-13 22:10
I do sum of my best flying when I'm dancing.

Axe,

Just spent the last 10 minutes searching for an answer that maybe you hadn't come across yet. Only to come back with my results and find that "someone" already took care of it for you. Well, I tried!

Jerry
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-13 22:17
Axe,

Just spent the last 10 minutes searching for an answer that maybe you hadn't come across yet ...

At least you went out of your way and looked for someone.  Some would not do that for anyone, those are the ones that make no contribution to the knowledge base and only here to criticize and take.
I have a large database saved in my favorites that I have accumulated in the 6 months I've been here.
2015-4-13
Use props
2015-4-13
Use props
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-13 22:27
That's just about the same tilt I have in my kilt to Gerry. Thanks...

Just have your camera pointed straight down and level, then level the flat spot of the pin to the level camera.  That will take care of it with a little Loctite on the other end of the pin.  I tilted mine when it landed on a rock,
2015-4-13
Use props
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-13 23:00
Roger that my friend thanks. I've ventured out to about 650 meters and lost sight of my baby for s ...

That's good to hear. soon you'll be rising, checking controls for a few seconds and then beating feet for the wild blue yonder to capture great scenes.  
2015-4-13
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-13 21:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTz3Dd2Ecs&feature=youtu.be

Gerry,

Hey my gimbal appears to be level but slightly to the left when looking at it from the rear (battery). In my videos, I'm often picking up the lower front left leg in the shots. I see a lot on leveling but not so on the issue that I'm having. I haven't done a real search yet but thought I'd ask for you opinion before I do. Any suggestions to get me started? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-19 04:07
Gerry,

Hey my gimbal appears to be level but slightly to the left when looking at it from the rea ...

First off, I would check the rubber shock mounts between the main frame screwed on the bottom of the Phantom and the top mount of the camera.  Make sure none of them are torn and in good condition.
The only other thing I can think of is the backbone part of the gimbal is a little bent.  You can tell by looking at the back of the camera mount and see if it looks squared up to the main mount where  it swivels.
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Okay I'll start there. Cycling my batteries now. They're all a bit past 20 cycles, figured I'd better do it before heading to the lake. The In-laws wanted to see it fly yesterday so I charged up some batteries. Can't fly today it's sprinkling. The battery I'm doing now was at 47% and I've got to do them indoors with props off. I think it's going to take a while. I'll take a better look at the gimbal when this battery is done. Thanks again.

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-19 04:25
Okay I'll start there. Cycling my batteries now. They're all a bit  past 20 cycles, figured I'd b ...

You're welcome,  enjoy your flying tomorrow.  I was going up today but the winds picked up, 20 knots on the ground and higher aloft.
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-19 04:27
You're welcome,  enjoy your flying tomorrow.  I was going up today but the winds picked up, 20 kno ...

You're not getting a lot of luck with the weather these days. Hope you get some soon. I wasn't either until the last 3-4 days. It was fantastic but now it's back to gloom and some rain. Glad I got out for a few days. We need some good rain up here anyway and I don't think these little sprinkles are going to cut it.

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-19 04:36
You're not getting a lot of luck with the weather these days. Hope you get some soon. I wasn't eit ...

I spent the day at the Drive in getting things ready for opening on 1 May.  
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Better inspection of camera, looks like the arm is bent. Everything else looks good. Don't know if I dare try to bend it back. See if I can post pics. I tried to stay as level as I could with the camera.

Jerry

BentGimbalArm-01.jpg
BentGimbalArm-02.jpg
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Here is mine, it looks like you have a little bend in it.
DSCN0111.JPG
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-19 05:02

Yeah, yours looks good. Mine is definitely bent. Not sure if I can bend it back even if I strip it all the way down. That material looks light, porous and brittle. If I break it I won't be able to get parts for it anyway. Damn.

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-19 05:02

WOW,  they don't give these away.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phan ... hash=item19fb55a8d1

I didn't look on Amazon
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-19 05:28

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-Plus-Gimbal-Yaw-Ar ...

I posted the part that you would need to get if you tried to bend it back and wasn't successful.
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-19 05:28

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision-Plus-Gimbal-Yaw-Ar ...

You ain't kidding. I went and looked on Amazon. I don't see anything there. Oh well, at least I didn't lose the whole camera at $650!

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-19 05:49
You ain't kidding. I went and looked on Amazon. I don't see anything there. Oh well, at least I di ...

I would try to bend it back first. (very carefully)  
2015-4-18
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-19 05:50
I would try to bend it back first. (very carefully)

Yeah, I'm going to give it a go but I went ahead and ordered the one you found anyway. If I break it I don't want to be down trying to get a new one. They showed 10 on the way and 8 gone already. I'll wait until I get the new one before I try bending it back. I want to be able to use this thing at the lake this week. If I can bend it back I'll just have another one in my ever-growing Phantom inventory. The more of these things that are out in the field the harder it's going to be to find parts. Thanks for all the help today Gerry.

Jerry
2015-4-18
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jtrjr@yahoo.com Posted at 2015-4-19 06:16
Yeah, I'm going to give it a go but I went ahead and ordered the one you found anyway. If I break  ...

Not a problem my friend.  
Happy Flying!
2015-4-18
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Wow, 119 bucks for a yaw arm?????  I'm shipping mine to a repair shop somewhere Eastern or Central US, not shipping all the way to West Coast this time.  Anybody know any good Easterly repair shops, chime in.  My yaw arm is seriously bent.  
2015-4-19
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-4-19 23:54
Wow, 119 bucks for a yaw arm?????  I'm shipping mine to a repair shop somewhere Eastern or Central U ...

Here is one in Texas, if that will help.

http://www.uavdirect.com/DJI-Phantom-2-ESC-p/djisp-p2v-esc.htm
2015-4-19
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

Thanks Gerry, considering them too.   Was  hoping to get user feedback on quality/cost/turnaround time on repairs for some of these places.  I'll be calling a  bunch of places on Monday.  Seems everybody is closed for weekend.
Edit:  Paul writes in 'Day 2 of flying, broken gimbal... But can I get by?' that they do not do gimbal repairs.
2015-4-19
Use props
swiss656
New

Switzerland

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-4-13 21:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iTz3Dd2Ecs&feature=youtu.be

Gerry
         You are the man! Thanks, I was having the exact same problem. I got this phantom from friends, and it took a hard bonk when they attempted to fly without reading the manual?????? But, it is fixed now.

As the repair went, if one is careful, you do not have to remove the ribbon cable on the right, just be nice to it. these are a new type of connector, I think if you press in first, the clamp will release, and then you can remove the connector. Maybe DJI will be kind and tell us how it is done correctly, so one does not bust the clamp.

Don't forget to recal the IMU after repair.

Tks again, Geoff S.
2015-6-14
Use props
swiss656
New

Switzerland

Second note,  after you adjust the shaft, readjust the position sensor to the 12 O'clock position, the pot on the PC board,  install the board,  fasten the screws, ensuring the  PCB IS SEATED CORRECTLY.  Then  perform power up test, adjust as required. All the best, Geoff s. S
2015-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules