DJI Go 4 4.1.18 24th Nov - don't do it if you have a Note 4
1118 4 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Confuso
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I received a replacement for a faulty Mavic Pro (thank God I bought it from John Lewis) a couple of days ago.  
I had been using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with the first Mavic and had no problem with live video on the app.

Got everything ready yesterday for the new Mavic and found that the video on the app was very laggy and heavily pixelated.  Spent half a day trying everything suggested on here to solve it finally resorting to a factory reset of the phone - no change.  Tried a Galaxy Tab A - perfect video, a One Plus 3t - perfect video.  Just would not work with the Note 4

In desperation i downloaded the 4.1.15 apk which I knew had worked previously.  Unistalled the current version, disconnected internet and mobile data, installed and video is now perfect on the Note 4. Hooray!

So.  Question is DJI, what did you do to the latest version of the app that causes this issue with Samsung Note 4s - and probably many other Android devices - and when will it be fixed

Would be interested to hear from anyone else with similar issues
2017-11-26
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

It's a known issue many had reported them in this forum. Downgrading to previous version is currently the only fix.
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for bringing us the attention and I had forwarded this case to our engineers, hope things would be sorted out quickly.
2017-11-26
Use props
Confuso
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you DJIThor for your reply  

Just like to say that I think it is extremely disappointing that DJI force app updates on users and then do not allow them to rollback to a previous version (not officially anyway).  This might be an acceptable policy if the updates were properly tested across a range of devices but they clearly aren't.  At present there are a huge number of owners who have a £1000+ worth of  hardware sitting on the ground waiting for an update.

2017-11-29
Use props
lucas1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93996 ft
Canada

Anyone know if this is fixed now? I want to use an old Note 4 for flying
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules