1812 5 2014-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patoupoussiere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Hello,
is there a possibility to change the video compression of the camera (phantom vision +)? There is a big difference between picture and video quality...

Thanks for some ideas
2014-10-22
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

It's one of the limitations of the All-in-one package. I was really tempted by the Vision+ features but went with the Phantom 2 GoPro option for the video quality.

I read somewhere there will be an accessory that lets you swap the current Vision+ camera for a GoPro. Might be an option if you want to upgrade down the road.
2014-10-22
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Sorry to say that only the picture size can be adjusted. We would take your suggestion to our R&D for evaluate.
BTW, Vision+ is an all-in-one package, and it's not recommended to change its gimbal and camera.
2014-10-28
Use props
walter.koch
New

Germany

I think, your comment is very important. Several reviews suggest, that the Vision + camera is inferior to a GoPro camera. This is usually attributed to the video compression. Adding an option to increase video bitrate / reduce compression artefacts for high quality video would be a very valuable contribution. I am also not satisfied with the video quality. Is it an issue with the SD card speed or processing power of the camera?

One more suggestion:
Provide a tool to remove barrel / fisheye distortion or create an option for the camera to remove fisheye on the fly (of course with a much smaller field of view).
2014-11-2
Use props
war550
lvl.3
Flight distance : 564190 ft
  • >>>
United States

While we're at it, would be nice to have control over color saturation as well as more sharpening options. Normal sharpening is too sharp and soft is too soft.

2014-11-2
Use props
gregor1230
lvl.1
Poland

Same here , please contact with R&D to provide bitrate control or just moovie quality bar like low, normal , best settings .
2014-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules