P4 Sta: Which Motor is #1, #2, #3 and #4?
8853 5 2017-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9cd8bd24
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Relativly new to the Phanotom 4 Standart and after several months of flying I'm now getting an ESC error on the #3 Motor.
With the P4 on the table, battery facing me and Camera/Gimbal point away from me, which direction do the motors numbers
go..., clock-wise or counter-clock-wise... O yeah... where is Motor #1?
2017-11-26
Use props
Gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Good news, it might not be the motor. bad news... it's probably the ESC.  Fortunately the ESC's of the P4 are on two different circuit boards (unlike the P3 which would require replacing the entire main board!)

To the best of my knowledge, all the Phantom use a "Quad X" motor configuration.  The number 3 motor will be on the LEFT Center board.

You might want to bookmark this link for some handy reference material:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/

P4_Teardown&Quad-RotorX.jpg
2017-11-26
Use props
fans9cd8bd24
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Excellent..., That's just what I need.  Now I know which ESC to order....
Thanks...
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing? If it is still in the warranty period, I would recommend you to send it in for diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-11-26
Use props
user864e7ccac2
New

With the P4 on the table battery facing me and the camera away from me, the right front motor is the #1, the left front motor is the #2 the left back motor is the #3 and the right back motor the #4.
2019-9-20
Use props
Beta Wale
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3002 ft

Pls i need help. My  phantom 4 crashed, the drone stopped working, and  the gimbal  and shell destroyed. a repairer helped fixed and tested it before me. My first flight after the crash, i got ESC error wile flying No 2 and No 4. i landed the craft, i did all necessary calibrations and updated my firmware, the only calibration impossible is COMPASS but it reads normal on my drone. and the esc error seems off the camera, only to come back after a while. i recently off and on the craft like i read online and the esc error went away again, i cant be sure if it wont come back, because it seems to go and come.  the challenge now is that, whenever i am flying, the drone keep swerving on air as if it will fall but it doesn't, it goes back to balance after swerving itself, sometimes it does this repeatedly and sometimes it happen after flying for few minutes. it shows in the footage that the drone had a shake. while doing this.  what do i do? is it still the esc error despite it doesnt display esc error as at when the drone is swerving. i want to be sure before i order for an esc board. thanks
2019-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules