8751 100 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mario_b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977103 ft
Germany

Just take a look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

"Countries apply their own regulations to the allowable channels, allowed users and maximum power levels within these frequency ranges."

"Germany requires DFS and TPC capabilities on 5.250–5.350 GHz and 5.470–5.725 GHz as well; in addition, the frequency range 5.150–5.350 GHz is allowed only for indoor use, leaving only 5.470–5.725 GHz for outdoor and indoor use.[23]"

Well not Germany, that is EU Wide, as also you referenced Document  end up on 5725 MHz wich is around channel 144.

All pictures here connected succcessfully is above channel 144 which is not allowed in EU only in US.

I guess the Spark RC is using also in Europe Frequencys over 5725 which is outside the European WLAN Standard as stated also in you reference EN Document, so Android didn't see that RC and connects with the 2.4 Wireless. For IOS it worked, because apple scan all channels and said "Well the Sender should be responsible for the Fequencys".

The DFS Thing should be not the problem because they need it also in US.

Edit: Just found it on the DJI Spec site:
Operating Frequency
2.412-2.462 GHz; 5.745-5.825 GHz

Ok this explains it to me .... EN 301 893 is limited to 5725 ....
@Raploc: Sure, that with the 1 Watt was an mistake on my side (just reading the wrong colum)
Edit: By the way there is a newer EN 301 893 -> http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi ... _301893v020101p.pdf - but also ends on 5725 which didn't fit to the Spark RC.

2018-1-3
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2
Germany

Ok got an iPhone from co-worker for some tests - and installed Airport Util which can scan WLAN and displays the Channels.

So Spark / RC Resetted:
RC 2,4 GHz Channel 6 -  Spark Connects with 5.9 GHz to RC
iOS could connect with WIFI
Android could connect with WIFI
In the Display i have the 5.9 Symbold

then go the the WIFI Settings in the App which means wifi between RC and Spark. Set it to Custom, i choose channel 3 in that case. Wifi changes at that Point
Sparc connects RC with 2,4 GHz Channel 3 -
RC Wifi is on 5.9 GHz and iOS found it on Channel 149 which is outside the European WIFI Standard
iOS find it on Channel 149 and could connect, the Symbol in the Display stated 2.4 GHz.
Android didn't find the RC any more (but still working with OTG and i got a 2.4 GHz Symbol then)

Just reset it to auto with the IOS App and i have it back to the old settings which works with Android.

So after all tests and reading i could confirm ... wrong WIFI Channels for Europe and Android will not scan these channels.

Means in total - using the 2.4 GHz Connection between RC and Spark is not possible without OTG in CE Mode with CE Android Phones.
2018-1-3
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

TudorD Posted at 2018-1-3 05:35
Not all Note 5 are the same... I have two a 9208 and a 920i and both cannot see those bands.

that is strange !  You must test this on SPARK RC.
2018-1-3
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832480 ft
Italy

Tested. Not working. I will factory reset them with no sim, no wifi link and I will respond to the hypothesis that at the first boot an Android device chose the FCC or the EU standards. But this will be in a couple of days.
2018-1-3
Use props
Mario_b
lvl.2
Germany

Was my expected result. I am not sure, how Android choose the WIFI Region on first setup - official Documents telling me that is related to the SIM Card.

But there must be an other option, if if fly on Holiday to the US , could i connect to WIFI on the Upper Band or not ? At the moment it seems for me , not with the Android Device.  I guess, Android decide the WIFI Region with the Location (GSM Location and/or GPS).
2018-1-3
Use props
TudorD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832480 ft
Romania

TudorD Posted at 2018-1-3 12:31
Tested. Not working. I will factory reset them with no sim, no wifi link and I will respond to the hypothesis that at the first boot an Android device chose the FCC or the EU standards. But this will be in a couple of days.

Tested with no success. Both Samsung Note 5 920i and 9208 cannot see 5.8Ghz Wi-Fi bands even after factory reset and a start with no sim card, no location signal.
My conclusion: even if I will travel in a FCC zone I will not be able to use 5.8 connection from my Android phone to RC.
Android decided somehow that I am in EU.
2018-1-8
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Go UP..........
2018-1-16
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

It would be interesting to see if phone with US sim card and with gps turned off will enable 5.8GHz band in Europe. My very wild guess is it will.
So, on both of my former dedicated flying phones (Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy E5) when I was in US, I was able to connect to RC on 5.8GHz band and cannot do so in Europe. Also, I recall I was not able to connect to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 even in US physically. But I also recall it had european SIM card and not sure if GPS was on when I've tested. Other two phones had US touristic SIM cards (one was T-Com, another AT&T). Too bad I discarded those US sim cards to repeat test in Europe.
2018-1-16
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2018-1-16 05:26
It would be interesting to see if phone with US sim card and with gps turned off will enable 5.8GHz band in Europe. My very wild guess is it will.
So, on both of my former dedicated flying phones (Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy E5) when I was in US, I was able to connect to RC on 5.8GHz band and cannot do so in Europe. Also, I recall I was not able to connect to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 even in US physically. But I also recall it had european SIM card and not sure if GPS was on when I've tested. Other two phones had US touristic SIM cards (one was T-Com, another AT&T). Too bad I discarded those US sim cards to repeat test in Europe.

Hello, I bought USA SIM on ebay today.. As it will be delivered, I will test it
2018-1-16
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-11-27 10:13
WiFi 5Ghz Android-RC communication is important in the EU. It is now the only official option to fly more than 300m apart. If you are connected to Android - RC at 2.4Ghz your range is limited to 300m.

When they banned OTG it is a very topical topic ..

yes .  I have been telling this a lot of times in the forum that 5.8GHz is the best option for SPARK
2018-2-8
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

S.J Posted at 2018-2-8 10:53
yes .  I have been telling this a lot of times in the forum that 5.8GHz is the best option for SPARK

For countries using the FCC standard, sure, it is. For us poor EU members where 5,8GHz is severly limited (20x weaker allowed power) and restricted to Short Range Devices ... it's not really an option. So ... still using DJI GO 4 4.1.14 and good old OTG cable ...
2018-2-8
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Hey guys, maybe thats a bit off topic here but I'm from germany and also had some wifi/range issues with my spark. And because I'm somewhat in the wifi business, I sat down and did an analysis on the Spark-to-RC/Phone connection. If anybody is interested in it: https://grumpylittleengineer.blogspot.de/2018/01/dji-spark-wi-fi-dropouts-speculating-on.html
To sum it up very shortly: Because of EU regulations you won't get much more than 300+ m of range because of wifi power output limitations. And 5.8 GHz is actually not a band that is allowed to be used by applications like the Spark.
2018-2-8
Use props
Locationscout_Bavaria
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

achim1989 Posted at 2018-2-8 22:53
Hey guys, maybe thats a bit off topic here but I'm from germany and also had some wifi/range issues with my spark. And because I'm somewhat in the wifi business, I sat down and did an analysis on the Spark-to-RC/Phone connection. If anybody is interested in it: https://grumpylittleengineer.blogspot.de/2018/01/dji-spark-wi-fi-dropouts-speculating-on.html
To sum it up very shortly: Because of EU regulations you won't get much more than 300+ m of range because of wifi power output limitations. And 5.8 GHz is actually not a band that is allowed to be used by applications like the Spark.

Thank you Achim for this very interesting paper! I will keep it in mind for shure.
2018-2-12
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Locationscout_Bavaria Posted at 2018-2-12 10:01
Thank you Achim for this very interesting paper! I will keep it in mind for shure.

Thx, glad somebody read it
2018-2-12
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-2-13
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

El Diablo Posted at 2018-2-13 07:19
How is that possible? The max. distance in EU is 500m...

Good question El Diablo, I don't have an answer to that but all I know is that it is/was possible for me. ;-)
2018-2-13
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

anaprop? (Anomalous propagation)
2018-2-14
Use props
TsukoYomi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23422 ft
Philippines

hi guys... i may not live in EU but sometimes my wifi is switching from 2.4 to 5.8 well mostly 5.8.. just noticed it yesterday.. is there something wrong with it?
2018-3-19
Use props
jacobb
New

India

Participate in EU Survey and help them to increase their service and performance. We can earn rewards and gift cards by taking a survey here.
2019-2-28
Use props
jacobb
New

India

Participate in EU Survey and help them to increase their service and performance. We can earn rewards and gift cards by taking a survey here.
2019-2-28
Use props
patronn
New

India

Participate in EU Survey and help them to increase their service and performance. We can earn rewards and gift cards by taking a survey here https://patronsurvey.com.
2019-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules