1747 7 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyLit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67753 ft
United States

Half of my I2 TB50s are giving me a horrific "Batter Cell Error"  
I am scared. All have about 25 cycles through them, this should not happen.

They were not exposed to any abnormal conditions. Is this a firmware issue?  For $160 a pop these batteries should perform a lot better.

2017-11-27
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

How horrific are these Cell errors, do you have a screenshot?  Have you been deep cycling the batteries? Have they been left fully/partly charged/discharged? How have they been looked after? What messages are you seeing?

Mark G.
2017-11-27
Use props
SkyLit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67753 ft
United States

I have been deep cycling them, following the standard protocol. Discharging is set for one day, always kept in a climate controlled area with low humidity. Only charge the night before a shoot and then they discharge thereafter.

I receive a "Battery Cell Error" in red on the Go 4 app.  It queries me to land the aircraft immediately and wait for the batteries to be discharged.  Obviously I would never take off with them however this is quite alarming.

Ill take a screenshot.  I also have an issue upgrading the I2 itself to newest firmware update.

Even after repeated factory resets, the I2 will just not update to the newest firmware.
2017-11-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I haven't had a DJI battery on any of my stuff fail yet (Knock on wood!), but I do not set the auto-discharge to less than 10 days and even then they are likely to get topped off for a flight or some test or update.  Given the hobby shop sells a lot of non-intelligent Li-Po's for other RC craft that might sit on their shelf for maybe months or years before being sold and yet they still charge once bought, I don't know if I trust the self-discharge DJI idea so I keep them at 50% or more and same for their RC units too.  Seems too much DOA stuff otherwise.

2017-11-27
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

SkyLit Posted at 2017-11-27 07:50
I have been deep cycling them, following the standard protocol. Discharging is set for one day, always kept in a climate controlled area with low humidity. Only charge the night before a shoot and then they discharge thereafter.

I receive a "Battery Cell Error" in red on the Go 4 app.  It queries me to land the aircraft immediately and wait for the batteries to be discharged.  Obviously I would never take off with them however this is quite alarming.

When you say you discharge them after a shoot, how and to what voltage? How long where they left discharged after the last shoot?
Have a look at the battery page within the app, what is the voltage difference between the cells ( screenshot )?

Mark G.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience. May I know when did you purchase the battery and have you tried contacting support?  Do you have an existing case number with us?
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

In such cases, May I ask if you had tried calling the support for possible troubling shooting steps you can perform.  This is essential for us to be able to identify the problem properly and provide you possible troubleshooting that will eliminate the issue.
2017-11-29
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

SkyLit Posted at 2017-11-27 07:50

Hi sorry about your batt issues, just to let you know I have also a "cell Error" on 1 of my batts. It only has 18 charges on it. Never been abused but seems like a lot of these are popping up, wonder if DJI has changed the tolerances?

Regarding your I2: would like to know how you do a "factory reset"? If you are referring to the option in Assistant 2 you should know it does not do anything, just a button without any function at the moment.  
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules