USB port on Osmo+ camera
6553 9 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

Stupid question I know... BUT... what do I use teh USB port on the Osmo+ camera for?
2017-11-27
Use props
cat824
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

It allows the user to access the data stored on the microSD card? In case the user doesn't have a miroSD card reader...
2017-11-27
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

cat824 Posted at 2017-11-27 11:40
It allows the user to access the data stored on the microSD card? In case the user doesn't have a miroSD card reader...

I'll try that out for sure   Thanks for the reply
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Cat824 explained very clearly about the function of the USB port.
Please let us know if you have further questions.
2017-11-27
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-27 20:17
Cat824 explained very clearly about the function of the USB port.
Please let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you!
2017-11-28
Use props
jumping
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40141 ft
United States

Hi there , why does the port not charge the battery?
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jumping Posted at 8-4 17:34
Hi there , why does the port not charge the battery?

Hi jumping, sorry for the late response, since the Osmo grip can mount different gimbals such as X3, X5, X5R and so on, it is not convenient to set the port in the gimbal to charge, appreciate your understanding.
2019-8-9
Use props
jumping
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-9 00:49
Hi jumping, sorry for the late response, since the Osmo grip can mount different gimbals such as X3, X5, X5R and so on, it is not convenient to set the port in the gimbal to charge, appreciate your understanding.

Hi . Sorry but I have no clue what that response means in regard to my gimbal not being able to follow me and why the small round hole charging port above the trigger does not work. Also, the firmware will not update.
Is there another way that you can word that sentence and elaborate a little bit.Eg. I don't understand the wording or meaning of this "not convenient to set the port "
2019-8-14
Use props
jumping
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-9 00:49

Hi, I'm still don't you mean by convenient. I am not seeking convenience but rather a functioning product. I just looked at both of your previous messages and to be honest it sounds like either a robot is answering the question or the real answer is too embarrassing for DJI and they are giving me the runaround. Why use the same explanation the second time when I told you that the answer made no sense to me. Are you even reading the messages?
So I really do not understand the explanation and it actually did not answer what I had asked.
Here it is again .. Do you know why the  USB to trrs cable, when plugged into the "Osmo mobile plus", does not have any effect whatsoever. Regardless of convenience , something should happen to the lights. I mean by that that the green or red light does not come on, it does not blink, it does not do anything. This is the same cable which is to make updates. I am having a problem with updating and I have not been able to use the camera for months in the tracking mode. The camera works but it won't update the firmware.
SO again, I do not know what convenience has got to do with anything as far as a relevant answer to my question. Maybe the messages got mixed up somehow.FINAL THOUGHT
ARE YOU SAYING THAT THE PORT IS NOT THERE FOR CHARGING..IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING OR IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING??
2019-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jumping Posted at 9-7 03:01
Hi, I'm still don't you mean by convenient. I am not seeking convenience but rather a functioning product. I just looked at both of your previous messages and to be honest it sounds like either a robot is answering the question or the real answer is too embarrassing for DJI and they are giving me the runaround. Why use the same explanation the second time when I told you that the answer made no sense to me. Are you even reading the messages?
So I really do not understand the explanation and it actually did not answer what I had asked.
Here it is again .. Do you know why the  USB to trrs cable, when plugged into the "Osmo mobile plus", does not have any effect whatsoever. Regardless of convenience , something should happen to the lights. I mean by that that the green or red light does not come on, it does not blink, it does not do anything. This is the same cable which is to make updates. I am having a problem with updating and I have not been able to use the camera for months in the tracking mode. The camera works but it won't update the firmware.

Hi jumping, sorry for the late response and the confusion. The main thread was talking about the Micro USB port in the camera, while you were referring to the 3.5mm port above the Trigger Button.
This port is used to insert the external microphone, it cannot be used to charge or update the firmware.

Please check the screenshot below of how to update the firmware of Osmo+. GTScreenshot_20190910_193129.png
If it is not working, please follow the steps below to force your Osmo+’s firmware to be updated:      

Download the firmware to the root directory of SD card;
Before power on, keep pressing the Trigger and Record button at the same time, then press Power switch for about 5 seconds until the indicator blinks red and green alternatively.
A few minutes later, when the indicator becomes solid green, delete the firmware in SD card and reboot the device.
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules