RC blinking red/green, no FW version info
1476 27 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jgrimmy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90653 ft

United States

I updated FW to 106 on my P4 and the LED on the RC is blinking red/green and the video is all pixelated.  The video and transmitter icons on the top don't show any bars either.

I assumed the RC needed to be updated as well so I checked for the version and for updates in DJIGO 4 and it's not even displayed in the about info.  It also says aircraft version is unknown.

3.jpg

I checked on the DJI Assistant2 by holding the three lines with the RC on and the aircraft off and this is what it shows.

2.jpg

I've tried reinstalling DJIGO 4, refreshing FW upgrade, restating everything, changing devices (I'm using an Ipad), re linking the RC to the P4 and nothing has worked.

I'm at a total loss, I've searched and searched for an answer.  Everything was working perfectly before this.

I would really appreciate any help, I've got a very expensive paper weight at this point.

2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The RC needs updating to V1.9.3:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a minute or two to appear). when it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans68d58e9a
New

United States

I have this exact same problem, the RC does not show an update is needed, so i don't get a chance to update it.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-27 09:41
The RC needs updating to V1.9.3:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a minute or two to appear). when it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC.

Thanks for the reply Aardvark, I have tried that and it says Normal, if I tap on Overall Status there is nothing recommended.

I feel like the RC needs some sort of hard reset or something.
2017-11-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Do you have a red light on RC?
2017-11-27
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-27 10:00
Do you have a red light on RC?

It's blinking red/green
2017-11-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Sorry, just saw you did on thread title.    Try relinking again.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans68d58e9a
New

United States

Hey Good News!

I found a way to get the RC updated. My iPad was refusing to offer the upgrade, so I hooked up my android phone and it immediately offered the update to 1.9.3.

Hooked the iPad back up, my video is fixed and the red/green blinking is gone.
2017-11-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Whatever it takes lol, glad you got it.
2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-11-27 09:53
Thanks for the reply Aardvark, I have tried that and it says Normal, if I tap on Overall Status there is nothing recommended.

I feel like the RC needs some sort of hard reset or something.

The update may take a couple of attempts to appear in aircraft status, but it should work.

An alternative suggestion might be to try same running DJI Go (for P3's etc, same RC and V1.9.3 used), this appears to have worked for some where DJI Go 4 has not worked.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

fans68d58e9a Posted at 2017-11-27 10:12
Hey Good News!

I found a way to get the RC updated. My iPad was refusing to offer the upgrade, so I hooked up my android phone and it immediately offered the update to 1.9.3.

I don't have an Android phone, I'll need to see if a friend has one.  Worth a try I guess.
2017-11-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Aardvark,  any rhyme, or reason to this?
2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-11-27 10:18
Aardvark,  any rhyme, or reason to this?

It may just be how the Application behaves on the different display devices and OS's.

I can't understand why the update notification and process is not delivered via the "Check for updates" option in DJI Go 4. Presumably there must be some reason it is done as it is.

But certainly if RC not updated it will not communicate properly with aircraft, and cannot display aircraft detail.
2017-11-27
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Previous Post:

Make sure the Radio Control and your iPad or Android is charged.
Download the latest Version of DJI Assistant 2  v1.1.2-2
Connect your P4 via USB cable to your computer and turn on.
Start DJi Go first then, turn on your Radio Control
Start DJI Assistant and let the software do the rest.
After the upgrade recalibrate the P4 (a very nice IMU calibration is now available by the way)

I suggest you install .600 since DJi ASSistant 2 v1.1.2-2 is no longer available
2017-11-27
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-27 10:16
The update may take a couple of attempts to appear in aircraft status, but it should work.

An alternative suggestion might be to try same running DJI Go (for P3's etc, same RC and V1.9.3 used), this appears to have worked for some where DJI Go 4 has not worked.

Aardvark I tried DJI GO and interestingly it recognized the RC and gave me the options of 1.5.80, 1.6.0 and 1.8.0.  It will download and install 1.5.80 and 1.6.0 but will always fail downloading 1.8.0.  And it's still not recognized in DJI GO 4.

I feel like it's progress but still not able to update to the require FW.

Very frustrating.
2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-11-27 10:48
Aardvark I tried DJI GO and interestingly it recognized the RC and gave me the options of 1.5.80, 1.6.0 and 1.8.0.  It will download and install 1.5.80 and 1.6.0 but will always fail downloading 1.8.0.  And it's still not recognized in DJI GO 4.

I feel like it's progress but still not able to update to the require FW.

It will report the update via the aircraft status, you will not see it in the rollback option you have looked at. I'm sure if you try again with the Apps it will show at some point.

As suggested above, you will likely want to update the aircraft firmware to the Beta .600 version. This can be requested from one of the DJI Mods.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-27 10:57
It will report the update via the aircraft status, you will not see it in the rollback option you have looked at. I'm sure if you try again with the Apps it will show at some point.

As suggested above, you will likely want to update the aircraft firmware to the Beta .600 version. This can be requested from one of the DJI Mods.

How can I look at the aircraft status in DJI GO?  P4 is not an option there.  BTW aircraft is updated with beta .600 FW.
2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-11-27 11:02
How can I look at the aircraft status in DJI GO?  P4 is not an option there.  BTW aircraft is updated with beta .600 FW.

When you run DJI Go 4 and you tap on the aircraft name displayed on screen you will see a dropdown of all available aircraft, for the purposes of the RC upgrade it may not make any difference which is chosen at present. But you can click on P4, then enter aircraft and tap on 'disconnected' message, that should display 'Aircraft Status' information. The top line of which will display a red triangle indicating RC update available (give this time to appear). Tap on that line with red triangle and the process should be straightforward.

Edit, I'm assuming it is a P4 you have, and not the advanced or Pro ?
2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-11-27 11:02

There is also a reset option that I think may force the RC to look for an update:-

C1+C2+Recording button at the same time, you will hear a short beep, then press the gimbal settings dial, and open APP, and go to "Aircraft Status", then check whether you could upgrade it.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-27 11:11
When you run DJI Go 4 and you tap on the aircraft name displayed on screen you will see a dropdown of all available aircraft, for the purposes of the RC upgrade it may not make any difference which is chosen at present. But you can click on P4, then enter aircraft and tap on 'disconnected' message, that should display 'Aircraft Status' information. The top line of which will display a red triangle indicating RC update available (give this time to appear). Tap on that line with red triangle and the process should be straightforward.

Edit, I'm assuming it is a P4 you have, and not the advanced or Pro ?

It is a P4.  I completely understand what your saying Aardvark about the DJI GO 4 app.  You had reccomended using the DJI GO app also.  The only thing I can do in that app is the rollback.  Am I missing something?

I've left the DJI GO 4 app running watching the "overall status" for a very long time, it continues to say Normal.

I really appreciate the help and guidance.
2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-11-27 11:22
It is a P4.  I completely understand what your saying Aardvark about the DJI GO 4 app.  You had reccomended using the DJI GO app also.  The only thing I can do in that app is the rollback.  Am I missing something?

I've left the DJI GO 4 app running watching the "overall status" for a very long time, it continues to say Normal.

I can't think of much else apart from reset mentioned above, or just retry re-running Go 4 (or Go) several times. I wonder if there is any problem with DJI servers in delivering the upgrade ?
2017-11-27
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-27 11:21
There is also a reset option that I think may force the RC to look for an update:-

C1+C2+Recording button at the same time, you will hear a short beep, then press the gimbal settings dial, and open APP, and go to "Aircraft Status", then check whether you could upgrade it.

Tried this, it seems to put it into the relinking mode, flashing blue LED.  Nothing new in the app afterwords.
2017-11-27
Use props
Jgrimmy
lvl.2

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-27 11:32
I can't think of much else apart from reset mentioned above, or just retry re-running Go 4 (or Go) several times. I wonder if there is any problem with DJI servers in delivering the upgrade ?

It finally showed up in the DJI GO app!  Updating now!  Thank you sooooooo much!
2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jgrimmy Posted at 2017-11-27 11:42
It finally showed up in the DJI GO app!  Updating now!  Thank you sooooooo much!

I knew it was there somewhere, perhaps their servers are busy.

Edit , just remember and repower all again before testing.
2017-11-27
Use props
fans616f16e0
New
United States

I spoke to the DJI support staff last week and they informed me that it is a programming issue that occurred with the new iOS 11.1.2 update.  They have their developers working on a new update and told me to watch the forums to learn when it is available. Not sure how true this is, but I am not happy to say the least. They have no projected date for the new release. They basically said try a different brand of device to operate from or wait! I have every apple device available to test and it does not work on any of them to include iPad 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6, and 7.  Sincerely,
2017-11-27
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Sometimes I wonder if the DJI-Apple relationship is fading.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glad to know you have figured it out. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans616f16e0 Posted at 2017-11-27 13:00
I spoke to the DJI support staff last week and they informed me that it is a programming issue that occurred with the new iOS 11.1.2 update.  They have their developers working on a new update and told me to watch the forums to learn when it is available. Not sure how true this is, but I am not happy to say the least. They have no projected date for the new release. They basically said try a different brand of device to operate from or wait! I have every apple device available to test and it does not work on any of them to include iPad 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6, and 7.  Sincerely,

Could you be more specific of your main issue? And what's the current version of the DJI GO? I'd like to check what I can help.
2017-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules