Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moxie Aerials
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006342 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey all,

I just got my P4 back from repairs (apparently that camera issue was more apparent than I was lead to believe).

Now that my rig is back, I have gone through a few of the updates that were necessary and have yet to perform a successful flight.

There were a couple of different warnings I've never seen before related to hardware but those seem to have gone away, now I can't get the GO 4 app to stay open for more than 30 seconds.

I've cleared the video cache and have about 30GB of empty space on my iPad Mini, I only use the tablet for use with this P4 rig.

I know the app has had its issues in the past but I've never really experienced them until now.

Has anyone come up with a solve-all in regards with the best app to use for P4's or is it still "up in the air" for debate?!? And are their any proven solutions to fixing the GO 4 app problems or is everyone still just wiping the app off and reinstalling when all else fails?

It's hard for me to trouble shoot a this point because my P4 was out of commission for about 3 months so I don't really know how best to get it up and running again - prior to the camera failure it was pretty much flawless, even with the much hated update from early on in the year.

Any input about the app situation would be great!
2017-11-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First thing I would try is uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 from your device. It shouldn't be shutting down like that.
2017-11-27
Use props
Moxie Aerials
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-27 12:34
First thing I would try is uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 from your device. It shouldn't be shutting down like that.

Thanks Aardvark, I was saving the uninstall/reinstall tactic for a last resort, just wanted to see if there was any other troubleshooting suggestions that have come about recently. Or perhaps if there were any other app suggestions that work better than GO 4.

If all else fails, I will try the last resort and let you know how it goes.
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? Generally, reinstall will solve most App issues, please help us double check and confirm, thanks!
2017-11-27
Use props
Moxie Aerials
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-27 22:50
Which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version? Generally, reinstall will solve most App issues, please help us double check and confirm, thanks!

Hey Susan,

it's a 64GB iPad Mini running iOS 11.1.2

DJI GO 4 version 4.1.18

I'm going out tomorrow, going to see if wiping the cache and turning off video caching makes any difference. If not, I'll reinstall the app.

Thanks!
2017-11-28
Use props
Aero Flow - Ima
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2728835 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-27 22:50

Today I went through a problem related to DJI GO. When you trigger the camera recording, the application apparently hangs for a few seconds (10 or 20 seconds). The drone was recording, but the application was frozen. After a few moments all the commands made during this time of the frozen screen are recognized at the same time by the app. It makes me ashamed before my clients and it made me very disappointed.
I use ipad air 2 in a phantom 4 pro.
As it was in DJI GO, they are putting together a lot of features and drones in the same application and this seems like it's weighing on tablets and cell phones.
I hope they split the app by equipment (series).
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aero Flow - Ima Posted at 2017-11-29 02:55
Today I went through a problem related to DJI GO. When you trigger the camera recording, the application apparently hangs for a few seconds (10 or 20 seconds). The drone was recording, but the application was frozen. After a few moments all the commands made during this time of the frozen screen are recognized at the same time by the app. It makes me ashamed before my clients and it made me very disappointed.
I use ipad air 2 in a phantom 4 pro.
As it was in DJI GO, they are putting together a lot of features and drones in the same application and this seems like it's weighing on tablets and cell phones.

Sorry to hear this. Does the issue appear recently? Could you post the screenshot of About page for better assistance?
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Moxie Aerials Posted at 2017-11-28 21:06
Hey Susan,

it's a 64GB iPad Mini running iOS 11.1.2

Note with thanks! Please keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks so much!
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Dear Dji: We need an application to drive safely and reliably ... not to edit videos to upload them to the internet ... separate terms and functionalities. Thank you
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Behavior of the new firmwares with the DJI GO apps
200.gif

https://forum.dji.com/thread-121364-1-1.html

2017-11-29
Use props
Aero Flow - Ima
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-29 03:19
Sorry to hear this. Does the issue appear recently? Could you post the screenshot of About page for better assistance?

Yes, it only happened on my last flights, after the last updates to the DJI GO.
As I mentioned above ... DJI GO 4 is extremely heavy. Even using ipad air 2 exclusively for the purpose of using the drone, I realize that the path the app is taking will disrupt thousands of people who do not buy recent gadgets. This is an extremely serious matter and should be resolved as soon as possible.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aero Flow - Ima Posted at 2017-11-29 04:05
Yes, it only happened on my last flights, after the last updates to the DJI GO.
As I mentioned above ... DJI GO 4 is extremely heavy. Even using ipad air 2 exclusively for the purpose of using the drone, I realize that the path the app is taking will disrupt thousands of people who do not buy recent gadgets. This is an extremely serious matter and should be resolved as soon as possible.[view_image]

Thanks for getting back to us. Please try to uninstall the app, delete all related files and reinstall to see whether it helps. Also, I'll forward to our engineers for further review, thanks!
2017-12-1
Use props
Aero Flow - Ima
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 04:05
Thanks for getting back to us. Please try to uninstall the app, delete all related files and reinstall to see whether it helps. Also, I'll forward to our engineers for further review, thanks!

Did it already and looks fine.
Thanks.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aero Flow - Ima Posted at 2017-12-3 10:45
Did it already and looks fine.
Thanks.

You are welcome. We will keep follow up and update the status here.
2017-12-3
Use props
Moxie Aerials
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-29 03:20
Note with thanks! Please keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks so much!

Took the P4 out for 2 flights.

Flight 1. Wiped the caches and turned off video caching resulted in a warning that stated the CPU on the iPad Mini was maxed out and the app couldn't function - that's the first time I've ever seen that warning.

Flight 2.  Uninstalled the app and reinstalled - the app now has heavy pixelation but only crashed once during a 30 minute flight, so it's an improvement.

I think the app's interaction with iPhoto and wanting to copy the videos and photos in multiple locations is just way too much for usage.

I'll be turning off as many "share" functions as possible before next flight but I definitely think the app is trying to do way too much for what we need.

I've gone back to my P3 Pro on the old DJI GO app as my most trustworthy rig, which is very disappointing.

Hope you guys can improve GO 4 or maybe suggest a better app to use with the P4 series.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Moxie Aerials Posted at 2017-12-4 19:22
Took the P4 out for 2 flights.

Flight 1. Wiped the caches and turned off video caching resulted in a warning that stated the CPU on the iPad Mini was maxed out and the app couldn't function - that's the first time I've ever seen that warning.

Received with thanks! The app's crash is caused by the IOS operating system and this issue has been fixed in IOS 11.2. Please backup all data and update to the latest OS to see whether it helps.
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules