Had a close call today
1228 8 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tylerclark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60912 ft
United States

I was using my Spark in Active Track mode. I looked at the video footage and it appeared that I was pulling away from the drone like it lost me AND the video stream was cutting out (even though I was just 100 yards away). I turn around and see it in the sky sitting completely still. No problem, I try to bring it down with the RC since I'm at 30%, but it won't respond. I press the pause button to try and snap it out of whatever mode problem it had. Nothing when using the RC. Then I clicked Mode to get it back to Normal. Nothing. Then I see it's in "Joystick" mode, whatever that is. It takes ONE MORE time of setting it back to Normal and then it works for me and I bring it down right before it flies off to the home point. What could I have done? Any advice? I keep getting in these situations where I ALMOST lose the drone.
2017-11-27
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

try next time to switch to sport mode

I think, in the mavic area "joystick" is a known "mystery" for over 6 month
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

What is the color of the indicator of your RC at that time? Any message from your app? Please fly your drone in a place without interference and keep us updated.
2017-11-28
Use props
tylerclark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60912 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-28 22:50
What is the color of the indicator of your RC at that time? Any message from your app? Please fly your drone in a place without interference and keep us updated.

I don't remember the color indicator of the RC. I was starting to panic. No message in the app other than in joystick mode. If my drone does lose contact with the remote, what is the procedure to re-establish contact?
2017-11-29
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

That's a nasty one but you did the right thing by not panic, well done.
2017-11-29
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

tylerclark Posted at 2017-11-29 09:36
I don't remember the color indicator of the RC. I was starting to panic. No message in the app other than in joystick mode. If my drone does lose contact with the remote, what is the procedure to re-establish contact?

You can try to switch to sport mode, that will exit any other intelligent flight mode so you can restablish the control. If you have no RC control over your AC you can restart the AC by turning it off and turning it on again. I think it's supposed to RTH when it looses connection to the RC.
2017-11-29
Use props
ZukySpark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226066 ft
Portugal

Once you know please share... Scary DJi... Scary...
2017-11-29
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Sounds like it was still in an inteligent flight mode.  Tracking something it sees but not you.  Hit the red x on the controller then the icon that looks like a controller to exit the active track mode.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

tylerclark Posted at 2017-11-29 09:36

Thanks for your reply. I would recommend you check the color of indicator to check the connection status. Please note that if the app shows that your drone in joystick mode and the indicator remains green, you can link the RC again by searching the wifi in your phone. If the indicator is red, the drone will start RTH to regain the signal. Hope it can help your with your problem.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules