M210 water resistant what about the cameras
6454 16 2017-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

The Matrice M210 is water resistant that s sound great but what about the cameras ?
Can you fly your drone with a non water resistant camera ?
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that the cameras M210 supports are not waterproof, and it cannot mount third-party cameras.
2017-11-28
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Thank you. What do you mean by "it cannot mount third-party cameras".
2017-11-28
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-28 02:46
Sorry that the cameras M210 supports are not waterproof, and it cannot mount third-party cameras.

So I can t use the M210 with the zenmuse X5s under the rain ?
which camera can go under the rain ?
2017-11-28
Use props
fans055ecaa4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

Sebastien83 Posted at 2017-11-28 15:04

Well you can theoretically fly with the FPV camera, but what is the point of that.
IMO the camera is "under" the drone, so it should be ok to fly
2017-11-29
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

fans055ecaa4 Posted at 2017-11-29 01:04
Well you can theoretically fly with the FPV camera, but what is the point of that.
IMO the camera is "under" the drone, so it should be ok to fly

Thank you.
Actually my question I can do/keep doing surveying or inspection in light rain or should I press the RTH button. I guess the RTH option is better.
Here are the DJI recommandations :
1. DO NOT fold the frame arms in the rain. Make sure the port covers and Micro SD card slot cover are properly attached.
2. DO NOT turn the aircraft upside down. The angle of inclination of the aircraft body and the ground should not exceed ±60° when flying the aircraft on rainy days.
3. DO NOT use an external GPS module during flight.
4. Make sure the battery surfaces and battery compartment surfaces are dry before inserting the batteries.
5. Use TB50-M200 or TB55 Intelligent Flight Batteries. The batteries encased in the Inspire 2 are not waterproof.
6. Only the aircraft will be protected. The cameras are not covered by the protection rating.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

No Sir, X5S is not waterproof, all DJI cameras not not waterproof.
2017-12-3
Use props
Gifro10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3585072 ft
Canada

Officially the cameras may not be waterproof but we fly in the rain quite a bit with our X4S on the Matrice 210 and it has worked out well so far.  Obviously a bit risky, but being on the west coast of Canada if we didn't fly in the rain sometimes and waited for perfect weather windows on jobs where we travel far to get there, we'd rarely getting anything done outside the summer months.  

The biggest issue is the lens getting wet which is a show stopper during oblique work, but if you are mapping and the camera is oriented to nadir, there is less chance the lens gets wet.  I've mapped around 10 times in poor weather, and only once did I have to return it due to water drops on the lens.

Obviously it's best to fly on good weather days but thought I'd share my experience here.  The Matrice has been a good workhorse for us in all conditions.  Definitely some good tips posted above by Sebasten83 to follow as well
2018-1-30
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

Gifro10 Posted at 2018-1-30 09:51
Officially the cameras may not be waterproof but we fly in the rain quite a bit with our X4S on the Matrice 210 and it has worked out well so far.  Obviously a bit risky, but being on the west coast of Canada if we didn't fly in the rain sometimes and waited for perfect weather windows on jobs where we travel far to get there, we'd rarely getting anything done outside the summer months.  

The biggest issue is the lens getting wet which is a show stopper during oblique work, but if you are mapping and the camera is oriented to nadir, there is less chance the lens gets wet.  I've mapped around 10 times in poor weather, and only once did I have to return it due to water drops on the lens.

Thanks Gifro10 for your post.
2018-1-30
Use props
Sebastien83
lvl.3

Japan

Thanks a lot Gifro10.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

The aircraft itself is not water resistant.  For this reason, we do not advise setting up in the rain.
2018-2-12
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-12 10:28
The aircraft itself is not water resistant.  For this reason, we do not advise setting up in the rain.

Dji mark. You are in the forum about the matrice 200 series. So why do you say it is not water resistant? The dji website says it is:
https://www.dji.com/mobile/matrice-200-series?site=brandsite&from=mobile_landing_page

It has ip43 rate.
2018-2-12
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Belgium

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2018-2-12 15:22
Dji mark. You are in the forum about the matrice 200 series. So why do you say it is not water resistant? The dji website says it is:
https://www.dji.com/mobile/matrice-200-series?site=brandsite&from=mobile_landing_page

And I see you are posting more today and what I read makes me think you are not a real dji moderator. I even doubt if you know the matrice 200 series.
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2018-2-12 15:22

It does state water resistance. Perhaps I was thinking more of the cameras.
2018-2-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Perhaps we need real support support for Matrice 200's serie solutions ? (solution >20k)
DJI Mod don't know anything about M200 ; Cendence ; Crystalsky.

DJI Mark : M200 is not water resistant?
DJI Mindy: she tord me:  "Please make a video with CS to prove that 4G Dongle doesn't work...." but how can I make a video of nothing because there is just no option and a screen video when everybody knows CS can't record screen...
DJI Mark: About Cendence, I can't complete calibration. The only thing he told me is "your Cendence is disconnected", but to complete calibration GO4 App ask to power off the drone.

if I would ask my girl friend, I'm sure she would be more usefull...
It s not about translating or language, it s about marketing. These guys are just winning some time, and try to keep us calm. That's all.
I think we should ignore them on this forum and send mail to support@dji.com for every problem we meet.
2018-2-12
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

DJI-Mark Posted at 2018-2-12 15:29
It does state water resistance. Perhaps I was thinking more of the cameras.

When you take 2months to reply to a thread, please read it before, and please verify what you say
that's the minimum of respect you can give to >20k€ unworking solution customers.
2018-2-12
Use props
Mavic_Jay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2113419 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.leicestermercury.co. ... bdZmDtw7uQZ6dlQv8vY
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules