Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P batteries stopped self discharging
602 6 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2
United States

I have three hi-cap batteries for the P4P and have them set to discharge in 5 days. This worked fine until recently. The only change I made was to update the no fly zone database about five weeks ago. It sounds silly to me but it seems that since then the batteries have stopped discharging automatically.

I double checked the settings of all three batteries and they're still set to 5 days. I changed to 6 and back to 5, still doesn't seem to help.
After noticing they didn't seem to be discharging, I let one sit unused for 7 days after a full charge. I put it in the drone and checked the status. It was at 94% and self-discharging. But now, 3 days after that I check the status and it's still at 94% but "normal".

Did I reset the timer by putting the battery in the drone and turning it on? Does just pushing the button on the battery to check the level reset the timer (which I do quite often)? It seems that both are.

I've attached a screen shot of the About screen. I get no messages about any firmware updates needed. Does anyone know what's going on?

IMG_0062.PNG

2017-11-28
Use props
BlueBirdTN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90686 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pushing the button to check resets the timer from what I have read.  I might be wrong but I read it somewhere.
2017-11-28
Use props
fanse29f7d45
lvl.2
United States

BlueBirdTN Posted at 2017-11-28 02:45
Pushing the button to check resets the timer from what I have read.  I might be wrong but I read it somewhere.

I'm beginning to believe that. Although it doesn't make much sense.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The timer will be reset if you press the power button during this period. Leave it for a certain time and check later.
2017-11-29
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Your batteries can take upto 6 days to self discharge from what ive seen people write in other threads so you need to be patient.
5 days to start discharging plus 6 days to discharge equals 11 days you should leave them alone for.
2017-11-29
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Each time you turn the battery on or even check its level of charge the timer is reset, so you begin from day 1 again. In addition, as Hellsgate points out it takes a time for the discharge to occur. Same with a broken leg, take the plaster off to soon and you can start all over again. Be patient and not a Patient.
2017-11-29
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I do like your wisdom, Dockater!
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules