1917 17 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freefly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23317 ft

Germany

Hi there,

bricked RC after Update shows vers. 0.00.000 n DJI Assistent 2 and cant bind nor update.
Found a replacment Remote cheap on bay, but before i spend another 200bucks i just want to ask here.
Will the RC with a older fw vers succsesfully bind to a AC with the latest Firmware? Any Firmwares out there are not
compatible to each other? will i run into any problems ?
2017-11-28
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Send me your old RC !!!
2017-11-28
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Send me your old RC !!!
2017-11-28
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

As far as I know, there is no inter-dependence of f/w versions between RC and AC.
2017-11-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

woooo hold on there. How do you know you cannot unbrick it? Someone might be able to help fix it.
Does it turn on? Is there a thread i missed you posted about this already? A little more info would help to fix it.
2017-11-28
Use props
Freefly
lvl.1

Germany

Griffith Posted at 2017-11-28 05:09
Send me your old RC !!!

do you have any special tools to unbrick v0.00.000. remotes? iam not the only one with this problem. if u have a solution please let us know .  i got a case open now and will send the remote to dji
2017-11-28
Use props
Freefly
lvl.1

Germany

rolling56 Posted at 2017-11-28 05:13
woooo hold on there. How do you know you cannot unbrick it? Someone might be able to help fix it.
Does it turn on? Is there a thread i missed you posted about this already? A little more info would help to fix it.

even  dumbldore flashtool failed . u can connect to it via usb but u will get an ftp error tryin to flash new firmware same with DJIA2. any other ideas?  maybe there are different HW Versions of the RC!?... would think twice  now about upgrading my DJI Product .
2017-11-28
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Freefly Posted at 2017-11-28 14:56
even  dumbldore flashtool failed . u can connect to it via usb but u will get an ftp error tryin to flash new firmware  same with DJIA2. any other ideas?  maybe there are different HW Versions of the RC!?... would think twice  now about upgrading my DJI Product .

I just wonder if there is a sequence of button pushes/holds to get it into flash mode or mode to flash it.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

What does the DJI Assistant say when you try to update it? May I know whether you use the mobile device or DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade the firmware for the first attempt? If it is a mobile device, may I know the specific name of it? Besides, please help to export the upgrade log and upload to Dropbox.
BTW, if you can recall it, please also help to list the RC's firmware before the update. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-28
Use props
Freefly
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 23:11
What does the DJI Assistant say when you try to update it? May I know whether you use the mobile device or DJI Assistant 2 to upgrade the firmware for the first attempt? If it is a mobile device, may I know the specific name of it? Besides, please help to export the upgrade log and upload to Dropbox.
BTW, if you can recall it, please also help to list the RC's firmware before the update. Thanks a lot.

first attempt to update with djigo mobile (samsung s7 rooted)..remote just turns off during update process. after turn it on manually no connection possible.  cant remember exactly wich firmware before the update but maybe something with 03.500. where can i found the log files
2017-11-29
Use props
Freefly
lvl.1

Germany

DJIA2 just stuck at 100% while downloadig firmware.. no transmission of firmware after that.  AC will refresh and upgrade with DJIA2 without any problems. i can fly it in wifi mode and it shows the latest firmware.
2017-11-29
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Yep - send it in!
2017-11-29
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Freefly Posted at 2017-11-29 04:25
DJIA2 just stuck at 100% while downloadig firmware.. no transmission of firmware after that.  AC will refresh and upgrade with DJIA2 without any problems. i can fly it in wifi mode and it shows the latest firmware.

Read this short thread, it might help?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-113739-1-1.html
2017-11-29
Use props
Freefly
lvl.1

Germany

YEAH i got a replacement RC from a guy who lost his drone..its up and running.. instant bind without a hassle i will send the original bricked remote now to DJI Europe. But i really want to know what exactly went
wrong during the update process. just didnt expect a DAU( Death after Update) from such a big company.
biggest suprise was that there is no option to hard reset the RC.  is there  any bios battery in the RC? ..my idea..just cut the power of and that will eventually refresh the flashdrive on the RC?!
2017-11-29
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Freefly Posted at 2017-11-29 13:31
YEAH i got a replacement RC from a guy who lost his drone..its up and running.. instant bind without a hassle  i will send the original bricked remote now to DJI Europe. But i really want to know what exactly went
wrong during the update process. just didnt expect a DAU( Death after Update) from such a big company.
biggest suprise was that there is no option to hard reset the RC.  is there  any bios battery in the RC? ..my idea..just cut the power of and that will eventually refresh the flashdrive on the RC?!

I use a UPS in case power goes out. Firmware flashing HAS to run it's course or bricks on anything.
2017-11-29
Use props
Freefly
lvl.1

Germany

wow maybe i found the problem why the initally update went wrong.. the stock usb cables are broken.. the funny part is..booth of the stock cables are broken!..the short and the long one! thats why i cant connect to DJIA2 with these cables. the new replecment remote now is on old fw 1.03.100 and my AC in on the latest fw but everything seems to work.  iam to scared to update RC again even with DJAI2  so i let everything how it is.
2017-11-29
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

Freefly Posted at 2017-11-29 16:40
wow maybe i found the problem why the initally update went wrong.. the stock usb cables are broken.. the funny part is..booth of the stock cables are broken!..the short and the long one! thats why i cant connect to DJIA2 with these cables. the new replecment remote now is on old fw 1.03.100 and my AC in on the latest fw but everything seems to work.  iam to scared to update RC again even with DJAI2  so i let everything how it is.

ok lol let us know
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Freefly Posted at 2017-11-29 04:25

Hi, the upgrade log is in this route:
Assistant 2:
Windows: C:/Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
MAC: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Android device:
/sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/UP_NEW_ALL
Thank you so much.
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules