Inspire 2 ESC error with motors cut during flight!
2385 10 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9f04167
New
Flight distance : 94948 ft
United Kingdom

flying my inspire 2 in sunny weather in the UK (rare for us!) and all was flying well captured some amazing footage when all of a sudden the inspire flagged an ESC error during flight, then almost instantly the props stopped mid air and fell from the sky causing extensive damage to the drone and the x4s camera fitted.

I sent the drone off for repair as it is still in manufacture warranty, DJI have picked up on the ESC boards and quoted to fix them along with all the other damage for around £150p! And the x4s for around £180! Wait... WHAT! The craft suffered an error on the ESC (which is why you have quoted to change) but not fixing my craft under warranty due to a system that failed?

Anyone else had this issue with the inspire 2 and DJI warranty? Feel like I was told to send it off to be all okay and come back working again but they threw a bill at me?

Anyone that can help would be amazing a dispute has been opened and I am awaiting response but we need this to conduct work in early January!?

Thanks

Louis
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Louis, I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to look into the exact status and help you.
2017-11-28
Use props
fansa9f04167
New
Flight distance : 94948 ft
United Kingdom

CAS-1233667-Y5C9V9

I have been back and forth regarding this, the support team have insisted on me driving to the location taking photos etc to prove there are no obstacles.

They have been on Google Maps/Earth and the most recent photos are from 2012.. since then the power station has been demolished and some of the power lines etc removed (just marsh land there now)

After making me drive and taking all this time a final report has been issued to me... saying it was a pilot error! This is not the case.

Why didn’t they tell me this is in the first place... also they have even quoted for me to have the ESC’s replaced! If they are not faulty why are they looking to charge me... intact why am I being made to pay anyway... they are dragging this out as my warranty will end in little over a month!

Please can this be sorted it is not a cheap drone it is a work drone and I am losing money every day it is there.

I look forward to your response Susan.

Kind Regards

Louis
2017-12-11
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Very sorry to hear your story, Louis. It is understandable that DJI must need to protect their creditability and profit. You should do the same in case you don't agree with their decision. You should on the other hand consult your local consumer organization or RC club for advice.
2017-12-12
Use props
fans688fb282
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437411 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-28 05:11
Louis, I'm sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you tell us your case number? We'd like to look into the exact status and help you.

Susan mine is on the way back to repair.  Phantom 3 advanced.  Love it no problems.  Last week at 380 ft esc came on my display and fell hard.  I didn't cause any of this.  Please make note of mine coming in also for repair.  It almost hit my girlfriend.  My God could you imagine if the faa found out.  They may ban drones.  Mine was a missle from the sky, full battery. I hope too that dji fixes the damage caused in mid flight when esc came on.  Please keep an eye on for it this week.  David Christine
2019-1-13
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which  firmware version where you using when this incident happend?
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans688fb282 Posted at 1-13 11:05
Susan mine is on the way back to repair.  Phantom 3 advanced.  Love it no problems.  Last week at 380 ft esc came on my display and fell hard.  I didn't cause any of this.  Please make note of mine coming in also for repair.  It almost hit my girlfriend.  My God could you imagine if the faa found out.  They may ban drones.  Mine was a missle from the sky, full battery. I hope too that dji fixes the damage caused in mid flight when esc came on.  Please keep an eye on for it this week.  David Christine

Hi David, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Could you provide us with your case number? I'd like to check the current status and keep following up.
2019-1-15
Use props
fans688fb282
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437411 ft
United States

Mine failed one month ago.  My phantom advanced never crashed or a hard landing.   At 300ft the esc crapped out.  The drone was bought 60 days before the incident.  Dji  repair fixed esc and min but not the breakage.  300 dollars for their faulty Dec. The problem is I shopped all over for repair places other than DJI who were locals and no one knows how to do repairs like this except DJI.
2019-2-2
Use props
ShinN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111791 ft
United States

I just had my DJI INSPIRE 2 with ESC cutting out while 50 ft hovering with no operator input.  I am sending it to DJI repair.  Of note the bird was sent in a month prior with the following case number:  CAS-4097633-R7Y1L3.  That was the repair...and now the ESC cut out on the first flight after getting it back.  Sending it in for repair under 2 case number (Drone and Gimbal).  

Gimbal:  CAS-4217573-Z0X4W0
Drone:  CAS-4187420-Z0L8K6

My question is what is DJI going to do about this.  Since the last posession of the drone was at DJI Repair and this was the first flight from them.  Are they going to repair/replace my drone or making me buy a new one when it's a manufacture defect?  
2020-4-22
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ShinN Posted at 4-22 10:33
I just had my DJI INSPIRE 2 with ESC cutting out while 50 ft hovering with no operator input.  I am sending it to DJI repair.  Of note the bird was sent in a month prior with the following case number:  CAS-4097633-R7Y1L3.  That was the repair...and now the ESC cut out on the first flight after getting it back.  Sending it in for repair under 2 case number (Drone and Gimbal).  

Gimbal:  CAS-4217573-Z0X4W0

Wait for DJI Service response and negotiate the verdict if necessary ...
2020-4-22
Use props
ShinN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111791 ft
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-22 11:34
Wait for DJI Service response and negotiate the verdict if necessary ...

I have received the repair quote...part i get but i'm getting double charged items already repaired the last time it was sent in...in fact the core was charged again..
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules