Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maxheadroom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1055341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Want to check if anyone has tried this. I want to know if its possible to palm launch and then fly with the remote and then do palm land again. As far I can tell its a seperate function but if this works it would be great. Its such a great way to get the drone in the air without having to find a dry or flat spot.

Cheers
2017-11-28
Use props
Carmadmate
lvl.2
Flight distance : 65102 ft
United Kingdom

I palm land nearly every time I fly, you bring the AC down to above your hand and just pull down on whichever stick you have elevation set to.

I struggle to palm take off as I cannot hold the AC plus hold the RC and slide the takeoff confirmation on the screen all at the same time (there may be a way to do it but I'm unaware of it).
2017-11-28
Use props
petercod
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I always take off from my hand by using the app take off button and swipe. Land back into my hand by facing the spark away from me (otherwise obstacle avoidance may prevent it getting close enough), put my hand underneath and hold the left stick down until it lands and the motors stop. Easy and mud/dirt free.
2017-11-28
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes I know there are other ways of creating the same launch and landing ways, was just wondering if anyone has tried it.

Power on the remote and get everything ready. Then hold the drone out and double press the power button to activate palm launch. Then fly and bring it down and stick your hand underneath to palm land..

2017-11-28
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

I always start the spark like this, no problems. You only have to exit gesture mode within the app once the AC is in the air. (you can alternatively use the sport mode slider on the RC to briefly go into sport mode and exit it again)
To land you can switch to gesture mode, make sure that the spark is following you, beckon it home and land on your palm. I found this too complicated and have put "landing" on the RC's FN button. I just fly back, hover over my outstretched arm, press FN and wait for the spark to land on my palm.
2017-11-28
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flip_L Posted at 2017-11-28 05:54
I always start the spark like this, no problems. You only have to exit gesture mode within the app once the AC is in the air. (you can alternatively use the sport mode slider on the RC to briefly go into sport mode and exit it again)
To land you can switch to gesture mode, make sure that the spark is following you, beckon it home and land on your palm. I found this too complicated and have put "landing" on the RC's FN button. I just fly back, hover over my outstretched arm, press FN and wait for the spark to land on my palm.

that is what I was looking for. Many thanks Flip for the help. Will go and try this out. Excited now
2017-11-28
Use props
Flip_L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 330686 ft
Germany

No worries. Have fun ;)
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

maxheadroom Posted at 2017-11-28 06:06
that is what I was looking for. Many thanks Flip for the help. Will go and try this out. Excited now

I would recommend you enter gesture control mode and do the palm launch. Please note that you should turn on “Enable Advanced Gesture Control” .  Be careful when you land your spark on your hand. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-29
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

maxheadroom Posted at 2017-11-28 06:06

As it need some changig in the app, after and before, it is, in my eye, much easier to do a 'palm start/land' but with the slide start and the stick land.
And yes: I know there is a lanyard option missing, on the RC.
But that can be 'diy'
2017-11-29
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a quick flight this morning and man this works so nice. Boot the controller, connect my Go4 app, start the drone and wait for GPS signal. Tap battery button twice wait for face tracking and takeoff. Switch to normal mode and fly. Come in for landing, hover at eye lvl, turn on gesture mode stick hand under drone and it lands.

For such a small drone its got a hell of allot of features.
2017-11-30
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

maxheadroom Posted at 2017-11-30 07:22
I had a quick flight this morning and man this works so nice. Boot the controller, connect my Go4 app, start the drone and wait for GPS signal. Tap battery button twice wait for face tracking and takeoff. Switch to normal mode and fly. Come in for landing, hover at eye lvl, turn on gesture mode stick hand under drone and it lands.

Man, that is slick! Can't wait to get mine and try it out!
2017-11-30
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, that is how I fly my drone out in the horse fields.  Hand take off to keep the camera out of the grass and dirt clods.  But I start my drone first, listen for the boot up beep from the drone, then the RC, get a green light on the RC connect LED, then the smartphone.  

I double tap it in my hand when I am ready to take off and let it see me.  Then  while it hovers, I switch out of gesture mode and climb to 30 feet for home sync'ng.  I return to gesture mode for a smooth hand landing.  Or, occasionally force it to land in my hand with the result of more prop whirling and fussing.

Catch it with your hands flat.  Don't wrap your fingers around the body (into the plane of the props) unless you don't need your finger tips.
2017-11-30
Use props
fansf13ecec2
lvl.3
United States

This is what i do also ..... has work great!
2017-11-30
Use props
maxheadroom
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only reason I boot the controller and phone up first is to sort out all the faffing with starting the app and linking up the RC. So when the Spark boots its got max battery available. But its an awesome tip to launch and get going quick.
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules