HELP! DJI ND Filters OR Others???!!!
2724 44 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

I bought the Set of Six SUNNYLIFE Filters 4X ND and a UV and CPL. They work fine and were about $35.

The Sun is extremely bright in Australia it being in the South Pacific, too much brilliance washes out Colour making everything pale.
Couple this with the fact that the camera has no APERTURE control like an SLR and light is controlled by shutter speed it has its limitations.

ND4 bright-hazy day
ND8 bright blue-sky day
ND16 Sand dunes, beach, snow.

ANY Water looks better with the CPL Filter
Low-bright sun use the UV Filter.

You can write a book on filters but just do what I did and shoot the same scene on the same day with the different filters.
And don't forget to turn you're HISTOGRAM on so you can get optimal exposure.
2018-2-15
Use props
Marian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340597 ft
Spain

I just bought the new DJI ND filters (part47) for the Mavic Pro. They are very light and you kinda feel you would squish them somehow, but they are actually very sturdy. You can add them easily to the camera and they fit very well.
I have yet to try them in flight but as of now, I am very pleased with them.
2018-2-15
Use props
Matthew Chirico
First Officer
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

Skymax. Posted at 2018-2-15 10:29
I bought the Set of Six SUNNYLIFE Filters 4X ND and a UV and CPL. They work fine and were about $35.

The Sun is extremely bright in Australia it being in the South Pacific, too much brilliance washes out Colour making everything pale.

thanks for the description!
2018-2-20
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the cheap Amazon ones and they work great!
2018-2-21
Use props
RimasRS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3225 ft
Lithuania

Anyone tried PgyTech nd/pl filters? Are they adjustable like PolarPro? I mean can you rotate them when they fixed on the lense?
If the quality is good and they are adjustable we have a clear winner. You can get them for 60$ package of 4 filters polarized including nd/pl 32.
2018-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules