Replacing the Ronin protective case wheels
2560 8 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joris Talmon
New

Netherlands

Hi everyone,

I've had my Ronin for a while now and I transport it a lot in the original DJI protective case. However, because of all the different terrains it has rolled over, the wheels are damaged a lot. Up to the point I really need to replace them. But the way the wheels are attachted I'm not able to get them off without breaking anything.

Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to replace the wheels? Or is there someone who knows how I can dettach the screws (which have nothing to put a screwdriver in)?

Thank you!

2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Joris. Can you take a picture about the situation for further analysis? Thanks for your help.
2017-12-3
Use props
zeilstar
lvl.1

United States

I was able to simply pound the axle pins out, similar to any Pelican/Storm case.

Unfortunately I can't find a proper replacement wheel. I have looked through Grainger, McMaster, Amazon, eBay. It seems the diameter is 64mm which is a common skate/luggage diameter, but the width is about 1.25" or 31mm which is a very strange width.  Is is possible to order replacement wheels directly from DJI? Axle diameter is 8mm.
2018-4-12
Use props
zeilstar
lvl.1

United States

I was able to simply pound the axle pins out, similar to any Pelican/Storm case.

Unfortunately I can't find a proper replacement wheel. I have looked through Grainger, McMaster, Amazon, eBay. It seems the diameter is 64mm which is a common skate/luggage diameter, but the width is about 1.25" or 31mm which is a very strange width.  Is is possible to order replacement wheels directly from DJI? Axle diameter is 8mm.
2018-4-12
Use props
skyblu
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-3 01:46
Hi, Joris. Can you take a picture about the situation for further analysis? Thanks for your help.

Same here, both wheels melted on a hot summer day and do not turn anymore. The rubber has peeled off and parts of the plastic core has melted too. How can I get replacement wheels? Do not want to spend a lot of time and money sending in the big bulky case for repair, can do it myself.
2018-9-18
Use props
skyblu
lvl.1

Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-3 01:46

Hi DJI Elektra, sent pic above, trhanks.,
2018-9-18
Use props
fans2c8933b9
New

Sweden

I found a solution to the problem. My wheels also exploded a while back and I just now found a solution for it. Skateboard wheels have almost the same dimensions and work as replacements. I just fitted mine and the work great.
2022-8-5
Use props
MagnusE
lvl.1

Finland

zeilstar Posted at 2018-4-12 12:46

Thank you sir! I just replaced the wheels with my old skateboard wheels. They fit perfectly!
2022-9-20
Use props
MagnusE
lvl.1

Finland

fans2c8933b9 Posted at 8-5 10:59
I found a solution to the problem. My wheels also exploded a while back and I just now found a solution for it. Skateboard wheels have almost the same dimensions and work as replacements. I just fitted mine and the work great.

Thank you! I just replaced the wheels with my old skateboard wheels. They fit perfectly!
2022-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules