Proper sequence for firmware updates?
830 5 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meedz24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1916 ft
Canada

Setting up my new Mavic Pro today, before I do so I wanted to refresh my memory on the proper sequence for firmware updating.

Before selling my P4, I had updated the AC before the RC and ran into some connectivity problems. After a weeks worth of tinkering and help from forum users, I was able to resolve the issue.

Before setting this new Mavic, I wanted some input on the proper sequence or method of updating firmwares! I've also read something about the most recent firmware causing headache..... Should I be waiting for a new release before setting up?

Many thanks!
2017-11-28
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

I update FW. over WiFi and do them all at the same time.
2017-11-28
Use props
Adam C
lvl.1
Flight distance : 336145 ft
Canada

Locoman Posted at 2017-11-28 12:01
I update FW. over WiFi and do them all at the same time.

My Mavic kills the WiFi signal on my router when turned on... same probably happens to my neighbor. I always use Assistant 2, start with the controller and then the craft. It has never failed on me.
2017-11-28
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Here's a forum posting that shows you 2 videos on  how to upgrade your firmware.  One video shows it using the DJI Go4 app, the other video shows how to do it with DJI Assistant.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-120821-1-1.html
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We have two videos to show you how to upgrade the firmware, I would recommend you follow the videos to upgrade the firmware.

2017-11-28
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Adam C Posted at 2017-11-28 18:27
My Mavic kills the WiFi signal on my router when turned on... same probably happens to my neighbor. I always use Assistant 2, start with the controller and then the craft. It has never failed on me.

The last time I updated, I placed my Mavic right next to the WiFi modem, and your are correct, it really hogged the band width, slowed down web sites loading on my wife's computer parked right next to the Mavic. Told her to chill out for half and hour. After that, down load was done, all was good. Mavic was happy, Wife was happy. I was happy.
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules