4553 20 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bleky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240115 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

I recently bought a Mavic Pro Platinum and for the past few days I'm getting motor current errors,it does not seem to affect the drone when flying but I'm getting worried that this could cause the motors to stop in flight and make the aircraft fall down. I have not had any crashes,it is brand new and I have only used it a few times.

Could there be a bug in the new firmware causing this?
2017-11-28
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Alot of the time it's because the pilot is hotdogging it, and yes, that can cause that message to pop up.
You are taking more current than the batteries are safely able to discharge at the demand rate.
The Mavic Pro is not a hotdogging type of aircraft.
Ease up on the throttle a bit and you wont't see the warning message again.
Also, just fly with it the way you got it, and wait to start throwing firmware updates at it. Make sure it's stable, and then, if there is a feature you just have to have, then go for the update.
That way, you can figure out if the update causes issues, helps with the troubleshooting.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Does the error message pop up on the app? Could you please provide me with a screenshot of it (if you'd reserved). And what's the operation before this message? Please provide us with more info including the version of the drone and app so we could check.
2017-11-28
Use props
Essexdrone
New
Flight distance : 21201 ft
United Kingdom

Im getting the same warning. My MPP is 2 days old. Flown twice.
2017-11-29
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2017-11-28 12:00
Alot of the time it's because the pilot is hotdogging it, and yes, that can cause that message to pop up.
You are taking more current than the batteries are safely able to discharge at the demand rate.

"The Mavic Pro is not a hotdogging type of aircraft."

You mean hitting the throttle sticks for speed? Interesting b/c that's mostly what I do with the MP. The Mavic is a beast in terms of agility and speed. I've flown the MP hundreds of miles and still going strong.
2017-11-29
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2017-11-28 12:00

I believe you're thinking of "Over current discharge"; the message he's getting indicates a problem with a specific motor and isn't likely to be remedied by flying more gently.
2017-11-29
Use props
fanscb8da726
New
United States

I am in the same spot. My MPP came in yesterday and after I did all the updates and charged the batteries for Mavic and Remote. I tested for flying in the beginner's mode. Nothing fancy, just hovering. Several times in the approximate 16-17 minutes flying, i got this message "Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution". I took it inside, recharge the battery and tested again inside with the Beginner's mode Off. This time, I did not have any message warning message except the warning for the weak GPS signal (understandably). When I tested outside it was a little windy (maybe around 7 mph).
As a side I noticed that the MPP fan is really loud and working at full even if is just landed.
Should I cut loses, document the error if it shows again, and send it back or should I deal with the hustle of contacting DJI Support?
2017-11-29
Use props
Essexdrone
New
Flight distance : 21201 ft
United Kingdom

fanscb8da726 Posted at 2017-11-29 04:43
I am in the same spot. My MPP came in yesterday and after I did all the updates and charged the batteries for Mavic and Remote. I tested for flying in the beginner's mode. Nothing fancy, just hovering. Several times in the approximate 16-17 minutes flying, i got this message "Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution". I took it inside, recharge the battery and tested again inside with the Beginner's mode Off. This time, I did not have any message warning message except the warning for the weak GPS signal (understandably). When I tested outside it was a little windy (maybe around 7 mph).
As a side I noticed that the MPP fan is really loud and working at full even if is just landed.
Should I cut loses, document the error if it shows again, and send it back or should I deal with the hustle of contacting DJI Support?

We have exactly the same issues. @DJI, please can you come back to us
2017-11-29
Use props
Bleky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240115 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-28 21:14
Does the error message pop up on the app? Could you please provide me with a screenshot of it (if you'd reserved). And what's the operation before this message? Please provide us with more info including the version of the drone and app so we could check.

It pops up randomly in the app during flight,sometimes even when you move the drone a little bit. Seller agreed to exchange the drone under warranty so I'll see what the new one will do.
2017-11-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hotdogging haven’t heard that term in a while.
2017-11-29
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did you unfold the props upon startup? Maybe change props or take them of and put them on again. It could be possible that one ofbthe props are not smooth. I had this with the spark
2017-11-29
Use props
Nexo
New
Flight distance : 16696 ft
Austria

hey, exactly the same issue here. (was windy with 1,8 Degree Celsius)
2017-12-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this issue today too with my new MPP. I’ve checked over my flight records and it occurred twice, both whilst ascending from ground level with 95-100% throttle on the first flight and it was -1c this morning. The warnings never popped up again during the rest of the flight and didn’t pop up at all during the whole of the second flight. I put it down to being too aggressive on the controls too soon in the flight in cold freezing weather when the drone, battery and motors are still very cold. Arm the motors first and let the drone sit on the ground with the props free spinning until the battery temperature reaches 15c+ then manually take off and be gentle on the controls until everything has properly warmed through. The wind was also quite fast too and with the added length of the new 8331 props this all adds up. The solution is to be VERY careful when flying in the winter/freezing temperatures.
2017-12-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s a warning by the way (in yellow) not an aircraft malfunction (in red) and doesn’t show in the aircraft status list. No need to return the drone.
2017-12-9
Use props
Backlight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124003 ft
United States

Wondering if there's been any resolution to this? I've gotten multiple motor current error messages on a new Mavic Pro Platinum. No accidents, but flying in cold weather 40º-25ºF. Doesn't seem to affect flight but is definitely concerning.

Using latest firmware, 3:20 flight time, 113k ft.
2017-12-31
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you check the back indication light during flight? Does it go from flashing green to quick yellow flashes? And when balanced again it turns to green again.It occurs apparently often when flying aggresively and when there is a lot of wind. But its not mentionned in the manuals
2017-12-31
Use props
Backlight
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124003 ft
United States

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-12-31 08:12
Can you check the back indication light during flight? Does it go from flashing green to quick yellow flashes? And when balanced again it turns to green again.It occurs apparently often when flying aggresively and when there is a lot of wind. But its not mentionned in the manuals

Hmm, I didn't have the aircraft in visual sight at the time but I'll keep an eye out for that. It was giving me wind warnings so you may be right that the wind/motors are working extra when that error displays.
2017-12-31
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Backlight Posted at 2017-12-31 08:37
Hmm, I didn't have the aircraft in visual sight at the time but I'll keep an eye out for that. It was giving me wind warnings so you may be right that the wind/motors are working extra when that error displays.

Yes check this and let me know. I have asked dji to put it in the manual as according to dji thor who checked with engineers . But havent had a feedback from them
if they are going to do this
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, I am so sorry for the late reply for some reasons. For the motor current error, please check the propellers and the appearance of the motors, and help to confirm if you are flying the drone in a very cold place. Try to change the props if you have the spares, also, restart the drone. If the error code repeats frequently when there is nothing abnormal, I suggest sending it back for an overall check. Please contact our support for a further help.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support.
2018-1-2
Use props
docmilligan
New
United States

I have the same problem...i have only had the mavic for a couple of days..i do have prop guards on it..i have less than an hour of flight time on it..I would hate to have to send it in after just a few days!!!!
2018-3-20
Use props
ardenb
New
United States

received motor current error during "return to home" function - followed 2 sec later by sat position off - followed 1 sec later by IMU altitude error - followed by - you guessed it - catastrophic crash into salt water... so this is NOT always a benign warning
2019-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules