Phantom 4 will not do anything
769 11 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_m21BJ91
lvl.1
United States

I got my Phantom 4 this morning and have spent all day trying to get it to work. My biggest problem is that it will not connect to the DJI Go 4 app, the second problem is that even tho the controller is linked to the drone there is no response from the drone with the controller commands. I don't even know where to start looking... I have had the Mavic for the a while and I know how to trouble shoot that but the Phantom has me stumped.......

Thanks in advance!
2017-11-28
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Did you connect it to your account? do you have the controller with builtin screen or without? Maybe some screenshots maybe we can help you out.
2017-11-28
Use props
Wat_Sgt_Smit202
lvl.1
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-11-28 16:06
Did you connect it to your account? do you have the controller with builtin screen or without? Maybe some screenshots maybe we can help you out.

I tried scanning the QR code on the battery and in the battery compartment just like the instructions say, and nothing happened. It wouldn't even register that the QR code was there. And I have the controller without the built in screen.
2017-11-28
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

Download the dji go assistant 2 software on to a computer and update the phantom and remote. I'm assuming the software version on the phantom is different from the remote and so they're not communicating with each other.
2017-11-28
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

This shouldn't be happening right out of the box.  Did you read the manual yet?
2017-11-28
Use props
Wat_Sgt_Smit202
lvl.1
United States

MrPinaColada - I updated the firmware and its still not working...

ALABAMA - Yes I read the manual and the steps it gave me did not work.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

What's the color of RC status LED? Could you upload a short video for double check?
2017-11-28
Use props
Wat_Sgt_Smit202
lvl.1
United States

Susan- the lights were flashing green like it was ready for take off after I synced the controller and drone together.

I want to thank everybody but we returned it and are looking at getting a different one because ours was refurbished and we think that there might have been a hardware problem that we couldn't fix. But thank yall so much for all the help and tips.
2017-11-29
Use props
Steeley
New
Flight distance : 138648 ft
Australia

Wat_Sgt_Smit202 Posted at 2017-11-29 12:41
Susan- the lights were flashing green like it was ready for take off after I synced the controller and drone together.

I want to thank everybody but we returned it and are looking at getting a different one because ours was refurbished and we think that there might have been a hardware problem that we couldn't fix. But thank yall so much for all the help and tips.

Just a heads up, it wouldn't help updating to new firmware because there is a major issue with it. (Has been for over 6 months now)
Read the other forums and you will see what everyone else is dealing with.
Not real good for something that was once great but now is almost unusable and even has issues in many of there drones.
2017-11-29
Use props
Breezeblock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38586 ft
United Kingdom

Steeley Posted at 2017-11-29 23:36
Just a heads up, it wouldn't help updating to new firmware because there is a major issue with it. (Has been for over 6 months now)
Read the other forums and you will see what everyone else is dealing with.
Not real good for something that was once great but now is almost unusable and even has issues in many of there drones.

In fairness to dji there also appear to be  many P4 users like myself who are very fortunately  not experiencing these problems.  I have posted this point previously and the puzzle to me at least is why dji are not reflecting that position and trying publicly to identify where the problems are.  My own opinion is that the operating system of the tablet is a factor (mine is Android using a non-dji approved Alcatel Pixie 3 10) - not that this is `better` than others but dji should by now have a database from posts and complaints which would help them find a solution and be of interest and assistance to everyone affected.
2017-11-30
Use props
Steeley
New
Flight distance : 138648 ft
Australia

Breezeblock Posted at 2017-11-30 00:22
In fairness to dji there also appear to be  many P4 users like myself who are very fortunately  not experiencing these problems.  I have posted this point previously and the puzzle to me at least is why dji are not reflecting that position and trying publicly to identify where the problems are.  My own opinion is that the operating system of the tablet is a factor (mine is Android using a non-dji approved Alcatel Pixie 3 10) - not that this is `better` than others but dji should by now have a database from posts and complaints which would help them find a solution and be of interest and assistance to everyone affected.

OK, i have a ipad mini 3 that i have been using since the start of the year and worked perfectly then did a update about 5 months ago and i gained issues like screen blanking out, pix elating and footage cant keep up as well as the range drops out and looses transmission about 3 kilometers out where i use to get 5.
After the latest update, it now wobbles erratically while hovering and as you go to land it gets worse, the video feed has worsened until you cannot see it and comes up with CPU fully loaded then screen drops out and it even disconnects sometimes. Its the same issues alot of other people are reporting. It was perfect about 10 months ago.
Glad to hear that you dont have these issues and thank you for your feed back as i might have to look at upgrading my tablet or at least try and newer one to see if it solves the issues. Cheers
2017-11-30
Use props
Breezeblock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 38586 ft
United Kingdom

Steeley Posted at 2017-11-30 00:53
OK, i have a ipad mini 3 that i have been using since the start of the year and worked perfectly then did a update about 5 months ago and i gained issues like screen blanking out, pix elating and footage cant keep up as well as the range drops out and looses transmission about 3 kilometers out where i use to get 5.
After the latest update, it now wobbles erratically while hovering and as you go to land it gets worse, the video feed has worsened until you cannot see it and comes up with CPU fully loaded then screen drops out and it even disconnects sometimes. Its the same issues alot of other people are reporting. It was perfect about 10 months ago.
Glad to hear that you dont have these issues and thank you for your feed back as i might have to look at upgrading my tablet or at least try and newer one to see if it solves the issues. Cheers

Steeley,

I note your comments and have to admit that if I were experiencing the problems that you list then I would be at least as aggrieved as yourself.    To clarify one aspect regarding the tablet (Alcatel Pixie 3 10) that I use, it is not particularly powerful and was part of a deal from the supplier (I accepted at face value their recommendation that this was what they used. They were correct in saying that the 10 inch screen was good).  Soon after purchase, when I realized that the Alcatel was not dji `approved` I considered sending it back.  However it has worked well as  a display for the controller and so I am obviously sticking with it unless / until  it fails to cope perhaps with a future update.  I don`t know if any others following this can advise on other tablets / phones which work  for them......Meanwhile I reiterate my opinion about dji`s obligation to help those affected with problems by advising on what they know / want to know and when they anticipate issuing updated firmware which resolves all these issues.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules