Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI a3 Flight Controller Locked
5039 12 2017-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1eab7b26
New

United States

After two flights the a3 flight controller will no longer communicate with our pi application or with DJI Assistant 2. Both flights went normally, with drones being shutdown following the flights and batteries removed. I tried to boot upt he drone this morning and the LED indicator on the front failed to light up and no alert was sounded. After I opened up to get access to the flight controller some of LEDS are lit and some are not but I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

Help!
2017-11-28
Use props
fans1eab7b26
New

United States

2017-11-28
Use props
fans1eab7b26
New

United States

2017-11-28
Use props
fans1eab7b26
New

United States

2017-11-28
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

You may try an other Assistant 2 version.
For test purpose disconnect the PRO parts.
What is a pi application?
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2017-11-29
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

pi probably means pilot app or something i dont think hes using a raspberry pi with it

but id follow what Willhelm said as when most things are locked they're only unlockable via dji assistant. if thats a m600 pro, that's how we've done it. same procedure for the regular m600 too.
2017-11-29
Use props
fans1eab7b26
New

United States

WiSi-Testpilot Posted at 2017-11-29 02:54
You may try an other Assistant 2 version.
For test purpose disconnect the PRO parts.
What is a pi application?

We used the Onboard SDK sample program to build a custom program for our purposes. We powered our own pi at 3.3V so we didn't pull any power from the drone. We communicated with the flight controller over a UART connection so just TX/RX/Gnd. It's worked for months on the ground and has worked once during flight. Our second flight, the flight controller was communicating properly but we think it cut out halfway during the flight. We powered down the drone, removed the batteries and tried to boot up the next morning and nothing was working.

Also the pictures don't properly show the bootup. On the second picture I posted, those two devices' LED's light up briefly, dim out red, then you hear a click and the light up once more but then turn off (without the dim just blink off).
Thanks,
Nitish
2017-11-29
Use props
fans1eab7b26
New

United States

After trying both DJI Assistant 2 and DJI Assistant v1.2, neither show the flight controller on the GUI after powering up the drone and connecting the USB.

Also there are no error codes in documentation that indicate what is wrong when the LED is not lit.

Do I have to order a new product?
2017-11-29
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

You may post your problem on RC-Groups in the A3 Owners Tread:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... age152#post38717085

Best regards,
Wilhelm
2017-11-29
Use props
giueppo
New

Italy

No answer on RCgroups. Any news on this problems. I had a quite similar problem on connecting A3 pro M600/A3 after running SDK. I used SDK Onboard with Raspberry for several day without problems ruinning basic functions (waypoint, take off, landing, etc). One day, when turning on the M600, no sound was coming out, the A3 couldn't be connected to the pc via usb (i only see Lightbridge) and the led below motors starts blinking yellow. I cannot do anything.
Have you ever had similar problem? I think it is like a corruption of the A3 pro firmware. Is there a procedure to fully reset it and recover initial state?
2019-7-23
Use props
djiuser_1ATTGWP5jMcm
New

United Kingdom

giueppo Posted at 2019-7-23 05:59
No answer on RCgroups. Any news on this problems. I had a quite similar problem on connecting A3 pro M600/A3 after running SDK. I used SDK Onboard with Raspberry for several day without problems ruinning basic functions (waypoint, take off, landing, etc). One day, when turning on the M600, no sound was coming out, the A3 couldn't be connected to the pc via usb (i only see Lightbridge) and the led below motors starts blinking yellow. I cannot do anything.
Have you ever had similar problem? I think it is like a corruption of the A3 pro firmware. Is there a procedure to fully reset it and recover initial state?

Can you send some picture from your system ?
In previous pics connections and wires are not visable.
2021-8-12
Use props
Thanu al ibnu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 417270 ft

Indonesia

I had the same problem, my dji N3 ag suddenly died, when connecting to my dji assitain 2, suddenly the connection from the pc was disconnected, and the led light didn't turn on, the led from the flight controller didn't turn on either, but the electric current seemed to be entering correctly , and the flight controller seems warm as usual, and can't reconnect to the pc... my question is, can the dji n3 ag flight controller be locked...?
IMG_20210816_205541.jpg
2021-8-16
Use props
Thanu al ibnu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 417270 ft

Indonesia

I had the same problem, my dji N3 ag suddenly died, when connecting to my dji assitain 2, suddenly the connection from the pc was disconnected, and the led light didn't turn on, the led from the flight controller didn't turn on either, but the electric current seemed to be entering correctly , and the flight controller seems warm as usual, and can't reconnect to the pc... my question is, can the dji n3 ag flight controller be locked...?
IMG_20210816_205541.jpg
2021-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules