Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Troubleshooting DJI GO Apps Connection Problems

Have you ever experienced disconnection issues with your drone? Sometimes,  you are ready to fly but the DJI GO and GO 4 apps state that your drone is “Disconnected”. Why would this happen? DJI GO  connection issues can be caused by faulty USB cables, the remote controller’s signal connection, device compatibility and a few other reasons.
So let’s start with some quick fixes:
  • Try with another USB cable. A malfunctioning USB cable may still look fine on the outside. Disconnect and reconnect your USB cable first. If it still doesn’t work, then test with an alternative USB cable. It’s highly recommended to use the original USB cable from DJI or the cable that came with your mobile device.
  • Restart your mobile device and the remote controller.
  • Try with another smartphone/tablet. Are you using a DJI recommended mobile device? There are various iOS and Android devices available on the market, but not all of them are compatible with the DJI GO apps. Make sure the one you are using is compatible by checking the download section on your drone’s product page.
  • Update the firmware and the DJI GO apps. Do you have the latest version of DJI GO & GO 4? Have you updated the firmware?  Make sure that you keep your firmware and DJI GO apps up-to-date. Don’t ignore the update notifications in the DJI GO apps.

Did none of these quick fixes help? Then we have prepared the following troubleshooting steps to help you fix your connection issues with the Mavic Pro Series, Phantom Series, and Inspire Series.

The content origins from BUYINGGUIDES

2017-11-28
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Great info ...
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Glad to hear that!
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

sure i ll use this tuto when i buy or WIN !! a Mavic Pro (albino better) ;)
2017-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice piece of info!
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hope helpful to you!
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-29 00:19
sure i ll use this tuto when i buy or WIN !! a Mavic Pro  (albino better) ;)

actually, I just made a Mavic tuto
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121687
click the link to check!
2017-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-29 00:19
sure i ll use this tuto when i buy or WIN !! a Mavic Pro  (albino better) ;)

Where can you 'win' one ?
2017-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Actually I hope not
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

lol ... Indeed
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Morning there Guys ! (or night )
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

just in case
2017-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

True.
I know
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

actually, afternoon here around my time
2017-11-29
Use props
RobDownUnder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

Thanks DJI Grace. I've had no issues to date with Samsung S8 and my Mavic Pro Having a process to troubleshoot is really important.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RobDownUnder Posted at 2017-11-29 02:04
Thanks DJI Grace. I've had no issues to date with Samsung S8 and my Mavic Pro Having a process to troubleshoot is really important.

You are welcome
2017-11-29
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Thanks Grace, good info as always. Work with the engineers to get this unstable issue of the P4 solved please. It had been 146 days now.   
2017-11-29
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Still having problems. My drone is just collecting dust. Did all of the above, no help. Made my problems worse.
2017-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok, I never ever say I hope I won't need it.
This afternoon I could not get the DJI Go4 app connected.
Tried a couple of times (shut down everything, start up MP, wait a bit, start up RC, wait a bit, start up Go4).
After some tries it finally worked.
Only lost some time and battery life.
2017-11-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is good information. Thanks
2017-11-29
Use props
mtgscouser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358 ft
United Kingdom

Just bought the Google pixel XL 2. Dji app keeps connecting then disconnecting. Not sure if it's a faulty cable or because of the new phone.
2017-11-29
Use props
mtgscouser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358 ft
United Kingdom

Tried two different cables still not working.
2017-11-29
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102359 ft
Canada

Tried all of the suggestions on my Mavic with nothing helping. It's ever since the latest firmware update to ver. 01.04.100 and DJI GO4 update to ver. 4.1.1.18 that I'm having some really issues with. Disconnect and reconnecting constant with device (and is in the working list) very bad pixelization on screen (can't see anything for the most part) making it pretty much useless. All was working fine with firmware ver. 01.04.000 and DJI GO4 ver 4.1.15  Am able to roll back to the earlier version of DJI GO 4 app and has helped with the pixelization but still disconnecting and reconnecting. DJI has made it so you can't roll back to the previous ver.  01.04.000 of the Firmware. Why have they done that???  The only reason I updated right away was for the Pano feature. Had I know I was going to deal with this BS I would have left it alone and as was. Not a happy camper at this point. Got a video I wanted to make in 2 weeks and now can't, need to see what I'm doing on the screen without it disconnecting!!!
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Gunglejim Posted at 2017-11-29 09:52
Tried all of the suggestions on my Mavic with nothing helping. It's ever since the latest firmware update to ver. 01.04.100 and DJI GO4 update to ver. 4.1.1.18 that I'm having some really issues with. Disconnect and reconnecting constant with device (and is in the working list) very bad pixelization on screen (can't see anything for the most part) making it pretty much useless. All was working fine with firmware ver. 01.04.000 and DJI GO4 ver 4.1.15  Am able to roll back to the earlier version of DJI GO 4 app and has helped with the pixelization but still disconnecting and reconnecting. DJI has made it so you can't roll back to the previous ver.  01.04.000 of the Firmware. Why have they done that???  The only reason I updated right away was for the Pano feature. Had I know I was going to deal with this BS I would have left it alone and as was. Not a happy camper at this point. Got a video I wanted to make in 2 weeks and now can't, need to see what I'm doing on the screen without it disconnecting!!!

well Gunglejim  ... as user we as , we demand a version to pilot , not to edit videos or join social networks ... because this mean a torture for all of us . Hugs From Spain
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Behavior of the new firmwares with the DJI GO apps

https://forum.dji.com/thread-121364-1-1.html
2017-11-29
Use props
Conejo
lvl.2
Peru

DJI Grace Publicado el 2017-11-29 00:27 en
realidad, acabo de hacer un Mavic tuto
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121687
haga clic en el enlace para comprobar!

How nice with Tuto Grace, many Latin Americans are asking that the DJI Go application in Spanish, is the only thing that the company needs to be perfect Mavic and inspire Veo that solved the connection problem like the green screen with the android
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Conejo Posted at 2017-11-29 11:49
How nice with Tuto Grace, many Latin Americans are asking that the DJI Go application in Spanish, is the only thing that the company needs to be perfect Mavic and inspire Veo that solved the connection problem like the green screen with the android

Si necesitamos una app con seleccion de idiomas universales jejejej , incluido el Spanish
2017-11-29
Use props
Conejo
lvl.2
Peru

The good thing about Tuto Grace is that many Latin Americans ask that the DJI Go application be in Spanish, the only thing that the company needs to be perfect. I see that you solved the connection problem like the green screen with Android
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Conejo Posted at 2017-11-29 11:54
The good thing about Tuto Grace is that many Latin Americans ask that the DJI Go application be in Spanish, the only thing that the company needs to be perfect. I see that you solved the connection problem like the green screen with Android

ellos deberian cambiar las partes de edicion de video y redes sociales , necesitamos una app para pilotar no para editar videos o entrar a redes sociales. Ademas se podria añadir la seleccion de idiomas como comente antes. Un Abrazo desde España
2017-11-29
Use props
fansea320c14
New
Germany

Hello everybody,

since Sunday i am trying to connect my brand new iPad 2017 (A1823 - 128 GB WiFi + 4G) with the latest DJI GO App to my mavic / controller with the latest firmware - without no success.

I have tried already everything (uninstal the app, resetting my ipad to the factory setup, tried another App "drone volt pilot", call the dji and apple support also). It does work with my iPhone, but not with the iPad. When controller is connected to the iPad i can see the controller under Settings --> general --> About --> C2.  But the app has no connection to the controller. I dont know what i can do now. I have buyed the iPad to have a bigger screen for my mavic, so this issue is very annoying What can i do?
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

lot of users getting problem in this way ... yet. Hope DJI solve it AT SOON AS POSSIBLE !
2017-11-29
Use props
Jiri_
New
Germany

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-29 12:12
lot of users getting problem in this way ... yet. Hope DJI solve it AT SOON AS POSSIBLE !

Well that is a little bit confusing. Yesterday i was talking with one guy from german DJI support and he told me  "there are no known issues with this at the moment, everything should be fine with the newest version of the app"

The result of 10 minutes talking with the support was...

DJI: "You should check the settings of your iPad"
Me: "What kind of settings?"
DJI: "I dont know exactly, call the Apple support"

2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Spain

Jiri_ Posted at 2017-11-29 12:23
Well that is a little bit confusing. Yesterday i was talking with one guy from german DJI support and he told me  "there are no known issues with this at the moment, everything should be fine with the newest version of the app"

The result of 10 minutes talking with the support was...

OMG !! everything should be fine with the newest version of the app"??? ... not at all and for all users ..
2017-11-29
Use props
Jiri_
New
Germany

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-29 12:28
OMG !!  everything should be fine with the newest version of the app"??? ... not at all and for all users ..

Can we expect an official answer from DJI in this thread? I have to know if this issue is really an DJI issue and will be fixed soon, otherwise i have to return my new iPad as soon as possible.
2017-11-29
Use props
Conejo
lvl.2
Peru

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-29 11:59
ellos deberian cambiar las partes de edicion de video y redes sociales , necesitamos una app para pilotar no para editar videos o entrar a redes sociales. Ademas se podria añadir la seleccion de idiomas como comente antes. Un Abrazo desde España

Hola amigo español, yo soy de habla hispana es una lastima que DJI Go no este en español mire muchos youtubers temática (drones) como personas latinoamericanas que están haciendo firmas para que se aplique en español y si fuera genial en multidiomas Saludos desde Perú
2017-11-29
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

First of all, step 5 under the Mavic and Android section that talks about USB debugging.  It doesn't say whether it should be on or off.  Also there are 2 places to do this, in the setting for the app and the settings on the phone.  I reverted to 4.1.15 and most of the pixelation issues are gone, but now I'm getting app crashes again.  Utterly ridiculous. Now, there is a new date as of today for the app, but it seems to have the same version number. Obviously, DJI would never tell us if they fixed this problem as they never acknowledge they have any issues.  Has anyone tried the 11/29/17 version of the app? Galaxy S7 edge and the newest firmware.
2017-11-29
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

EastyT Posted at 2017-11-29 14:12
First of all, step 5 under the Mavic and Android section that talks about USB debugging.  It doesn't say whether it should be on or off.  Also there are 2 places to do this, in the setting for the app and the settings on the phone.  I reverted to 4.1.15 and most of the pixelation issues are gone, but now I'm getting app crashes again.  Utterly ridiculous. Now, there is a new date as of today for the app, but it seems to have the same version number. Obviously, DJI would never tell us if they fixed this problem as they never acknowledge they have any issues.  Has anyone tried the 11/29/17 version of the app? Galaxy S7 edge and the newest firmware.

Hmmmm!!!! App is Update on Nov.29, 2017.  Do I dare, will try and see what happens. Worst it it doesn't do the trick and I'll go back to ver. 4.1.15 again.
2017-11-29
Use props
Jm7stars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 679 ft
United States

I've been reading about the DJI Go4 app update issues and I'm now 99.9 % positive that's why my bird went down. I've never had an issue with my Magic whether it is the way it handles in semi windy situations or connecting with my iPhone or Samsung. After the update my Samsung would not connect no matter how many times I restarted or attempted to connect. I don't have any reliable dronersin my circle so it took me looking thru threads in here and other forums to realize I went thru the same issue as many. I guess it's a hit or miss situation and my bird definitely hit and went down. I thankfully invested in the DJI refresh but it really sucks not having my Mav and knowing why. I can't wait to load up some footage as soon as I get back in the skies. I see so many beautiful images and I'm eager to share some of my own. I sent in my memory card by mistake. SmH
2017-11-29
Use props
Jm7stars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 679 ft
United States

Steer clear from the update for now Jim, it's not fully debugged itself yet.
2017-11-29
Use props
Gunglejim
lvl.2
Canada

Jm7stars Posted at 2017-11-29 19:31
I've been reading about the DJI Go4 app update issues and I'm now 99.9 % positive that's why my bird went down. I've never had an issue with my Magic whether it is the way it handles in semi windy situations or connecting with my iPhone or Samsung. After the update my Samsung would not connect no matter how many times I restarted or attempted to connect. I don't have any reliable dronersin my circle so it took me looking thru threads in here and other forums to realize I went thru the same issue as many. I guess it's a hit or miss situation and my bird definitely hit and went down. I thankfully invested in the DJI refresh but it really sucks not having my Mav and knowing why. I can't wait to load up some footage as soon as I get back in the skies. I see so many beautiful images and I'm eager to share some of my own. I sent in my memory card by mistake. SmH

That really sucks having it crash on you and the reason it did, I would be really mad.  Hope they get it back to you quickly.

Anyways, updating my last message, I updated to the Nov. 29, 2017  ver. of DJI GO4 and there was a noticeable improvement to some of it. The pixelization on my tablet seems to have cleared up. The disconnects are still there but not as bad as before, the lag time is still bad as before.   So I'm not about to let my Mavic out of my sight in the least.
2017-11-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules