What’s the right Mavic for you: Mavic Pro, Platinum or White?
12Next >
17435 72 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

What’s the right Mavic for you: Mavic Pro, Platinum or White?

So you’re thinking about getting a Mavic, but you’re not sure if you should get the Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinumor Mavic Pro Alpine White. It can be tricky deciding which Mavic is best suited for you, so to help you pick the best Mavic drone that fits your needs, let’s compare each model.
Appearance
All three models have the same signature foldable design, but they come in three different colors. Firstly, we’ve got the Mavic Pro in its business like gray, then the Mavic Pro Platinum in sleek silver, and finally, the limited edition eye-catching Mavic Pro Alpine White.

Key Features
The combination of portability and power has made the Mavic series the most popular DJI drones on the market. Its compact size (folded the aircraft is just 83×83×198 mm and weighs 734 g) makes it great to take everywhere with you. The combination of a high-precision, three-axis stabilized gimbal, and professional grade camera allows you to shoot smooth crystal clear 4K video at 30fps, 1080P video at 96fps and take stunning pixel-perfect 12-MP photos. This powerful camera along with the Intelligent Flight Modes lets you shoot footage like a pro.

All three drones have the same Forward Vision System, Downward Vision System providing world-class obstacle detection. However, there are two main differences between the Mavic Pro Platinum and the other two Mavics. Firstly, the Mavic Pro Platinum has a flight time of 30 minutes to the Mavic Pro’s 27 minutes thanks to its improved propulsion system. Secondly, it also has 60% noise power reduction for a quieter, more enjoyable flight experience.

Check out this table for a key features comparison:

Price
Mavic Pro $999
When you buy the basic Mavic Pro, it comes with:
  • 1 Intelligent Flight Battery
  • Gimbal Cover
  • Remote Controller
  • 3 Pairs of Mavic Propellers
  • Mavic Gimbal Clamp
  • Charger
  • Power Cable
  • 16 GB Micro SD Card
  • Micro USB Cable
  • RC Cable (Lightning connector)
  • RC Cable (Standard Micro USB connector)
  • 2 x RC Cable Slider
  • 4 x Manuals
You can also check our Mavic Pro unboxing article for more details.

Mavic Pro Combo: $1,299
Want some extra batteries and props so you can stay in the air for longer? Then don’t miss the Fly More Combos. You will get two extra pairs of propellers, car charger, battery charging hub, battery to power bank adaptor, and a stylish shoulder bag.

Mavic Pro Alpine White Combo $1,099
As the exclusive edition of the Mavic Series, it’s only available as a combo package. Grab this special offer before it’s gone! The remote controller, two extra Intelligent Flight Batteries, an additional pair of propellers, and a protective aircraft sleeve are all included in this combo.

Mavic Pro Platinum $1,099
An improved 30-minute flight time coupled with a 60% noise power reduction gives you a more enjoyable flight experience.

Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo$1,473
Enjoy longer flight times with two extra Intelligent Flight Batteries and an additional pair of propellers. You also get practical accessories like a car charger, battery charging hub, battery to power bank adaptor, and a shoulder bag in this combo.

Now you’ve learned the differences between the three Mavic models. Don’t miss our limited time offers. Get a Mavic today and start your grand aerial adventures!

The content origins from: BUYINGGUIDES

2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Ahh !! Thanks for this Amazing Guide !!!
2017-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one!
Are you planning on selling white accessoires (like battery) as well?
Or will you end up with white - gray combo if you buy a spare battery for your White one?
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-29 00:34
Ahh !! Thanks for this Amazing Guide !!! [view_image]

wooow
the pic amazing!
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-29 00:42
Nice one!
Are you planning on selling white accessoires (like battery) as well?
Or will you end up with white - gray combo if you buy a spare battery for your White one?

let me make sure before give you an answer
2017-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-29 00:48
let me make sure before give you an answer

That might be a reason not to choose the white one. (since it will look odd with a gray battery)

2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-29 00:49
That might be a reason not to choose the white one. (since it will look odd with a gray battery)

hahahaha
destroy the beautiful outlook as a whole
2017-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-29 00:55
hahahaha
destroy the beautiful outlook as a whole

Indeed.
Now I know it won't happen too soon, but someday you might want to buy a new battery....
2017-11-29
Use props
UncleManuel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4104 ft
Germany

Nice overview, well suited for beginners and the I-haven't-decided-yet folks...

For me: definitely the Platinum! Noise is a big factor for me. The noise reduction is not coming only from the more aerodynamic propellers but mainly from the new motor ESCs - the sinus regulation makes all the difference...
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

UncleManuel Posted at 2017-11-29 01:23
Nice overview, well suited for beginners and the I-haven't-decided-yet folks...

For me: definitely the Platinum! Noise is a big factor for me. The noise reduction is not coming only from the more aerodynamic propellers but mainly from the new motor ESCs - the sinus regulation makes all the difference...

Thank you for your comment and sharing your idea here!
2017-11-29
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

I personally think the platinum gives the Mavic an extra quality note, just a cut above. However, the whole thing is a matter of taste and they are notoriously variable.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dockater Posted at 2017-11-29 01:43
I personally think the platinum gives the Mavic an extra quality note, just a cut above. However, the whole thing is a matter of taste and they are notoriously variable.

thank you for sharing your ideas here!
2017-11-29
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Thank you Grace for the overview! And here comes my choice: I would like the Platinum Combo in white at the rate of the Spark Combo please.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-29 02:21
Thank you Grace for the overview! And here comes my choice: I would like the Platinum Combo in white at the rate of the Spark Combo please.

I will talk with our designer about this
2017-11-29
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I think that  the White combo version, with the platinum props would do for me.
Just not to get,right?
2017-11-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ll take all three
2017-11-29
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Uma coisa é certa, não é a hora de comprar MAVIC e sim vender, ( e esperar o mavic 2)
2017-11-29
Use props
Desertcruiser
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5203159 ft
Switzerland

Thanks for your info !

Just bought a second P4P...
But maybe i can bring you an other interested one...
2017-11-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll keep my OG, but all three are fantastic birds.
2017-11-29
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really like the white look, but it's going to be even harder to spot in the sky. And apart from the cool look of the Platinum's props look, I rather have my drone louder. Unless you want to spy on your neighbor, there is no point in having a quieter drone
2017-11-29
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-11-29 02:21

Ditto, to what Wachtberger said!
2017-11-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All three are amazing drones. I think the original Mavic is a classic and offers the lowest prices now. The white combo is very sleek and an excellent deal. The Platinum is the latest and greatest tech with the all new propulsion system and the noise reduction, enhanced stability and longer flying times over the other two is a definite upgrade or at least serious refresh - though you have to pay for it. I have returned the Alpine to Apple and am expecting delivery of my Platinum tomorrow from Jessops in London. I prefer the look of the black RC and the Platinum finish to the drone looks stunning. The noise reduction alone is worth the extra as it's not just the 8331 props which drive down the noise. It will be refreshing to fly a drone at 300-400' AGL knowing nobody can hear it below.
2017-11-29
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

I'm jonesing for the platinum, but no holiday sales on the platinum is making me wait until spring.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-11-29
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

chalde Posted at 2017-11-29 08:59
I really like the white look, but it's going to be even harder to spot in the sky. And apart from the cool look of the Platinum's props look, I rather have my drone louder. Unless you want to spy on your neighbor, there is no point in having a quieter drone

No point in a quieter drone?  Rumors have it that there is a lot of public hysteria about drones.  Media outlets have found a gold mine in pushing "drone danger" stories.  The more stealthy the drone the better even when just getting aerial shots of yourself on a bicycle.

Furthermore, it is nice when your flight is quiet enough that few or no people are bothered and you can still get the picture.

"Did me flying my drone bother you?"

"What drone?"

2017-11-29
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Definitely white as it is bird friendly, they just leave white alone. Black, red or other dark colours might be easy to see but the birds see them as a threat.
2017-11-29
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

Aiming for the Sky

my next drone is going to be the Mavic Plantinum no doubt about it, though i see the Inspire as my ideal Drone i might save up for The Inspire 2 :]

thx for the info though very usefull!
2017-11-30
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-11-30 04:48
The only tenable solution is to BUY ALL THREE!

hahah . sure
2017-11-30
Use props
Austevik Dronef
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1035125 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I got me an Alpine White one to compliment the Phantom 4 Pro
2017-11-30
Use props
chalde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gunship9 Posted at 2017-11-29 20:01
No point in a quieter drone?  Rumors have it that there is a lot of public hysteria about drones.  Media outlets have found a gold mine in pushing "drone danger" stories.  The more stealthy the drone the better even when just getting aerial shots of yourself on a bicycle.

Furthermore, it is nice when your flight is quiet enough that few or no people are bothered and you can still get the picture.

Yeah, and the quieter they become, the more people will complain about those quiet drones spying on them. There is no winning. But I rather have it loud, so there is no confusion.
2017-11-30
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the pro and pro Alpine white and they both are amazing! I wonder what the platinum is like?
2017-11-30
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Original MP has/is been superb ! Sticking with the best.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-11-30 15:42
Original MP has/is been superb ! Sticking with the best.

Glad to hear you like them!
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

JoeCec Posted at 2017-11-30 12:47
I have the pro and pro Alpine white and they both are amazing! I wonder what the platinum is like?

wooow, you purchased the Alpine white? awesome!
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Austevik Dronef Posted at 2017-11-30 10:02
I got me an Alpine White one to compliment the Phantom 4 Pro

then look forward to your new work!
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-11-30 04:48
The only tenable solution is to BUY ALL THREE!

hahaha, exactly right
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

SuperDrone Posted at 2017-11-30 04:40
Aiming for the Sky

my next drone is going to be the Mavic Plantinum no doubt about it, though i see the Inspire as my ideal Drone i might save up for The Inspire 2 :]

glad to hear you like the info!
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-11-29 22:16
Definitely white as it is bird friendly, they just leave white alone. Black, red or other dark colours might be easy to see but the birds see them as a threat.

agree!
2017-11-30
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Great overview and comparison of the different aircrafts and options, all in one place. Definitely helpful for someone trying to decide.

For me it was the platinum fly more combo. I wanted the extra flying time and, since I was purchasing after the release of the platinum, decided to go with the quieter model. Been very pleased!!
2017-12-1
Use props
Alexei Merinov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Vietnam

I think the next step that will be successful is the orange Mavik. It is easier to find after falling - both in the snow, and among the bushes .... )))
2017-12-1
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Lol if I was Paris Hilton I would like one that came with a cute little puppy dog.  Give me a break.
2017-12-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules