Data update Solved
763 10 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gtheller
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77362 ft
United States

Everytime I start the drone I get a message to connect with the usb chord for a data update. I do it each time but the message always comes back.
2017-11-29
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

did you try reinstall the app ?  or reboot movile device ? .  version of the app ?
2017-11-29
Use props
gtheller
lvl.2
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-11-29 09:33
did you try reinstall the app ?  or reboot movile device ? .  version of the app ?

There is no app to install. It is a built in monitor. I have shut it off several times.
2017-11-29
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

gtheller Posted at 2017-11-29 14:25
There is no app to install. It is a built in monitor. I have shut it off several times.

If you see the message each time, than update is not successful. You can try some good wifi connection
2017-11-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My guess is that DJI GO has detected that your No-fly database on the P4P requires updating. If you're getting a picture of a smartdevice plugged directly into your P4P, then that's what it wants to do. This is separate to a firmware update detected for installation.

You have a P4P Plus by the sounds of it. Not sure how that's handled using that (as the tablet is built in), but if you have a smartphone you can install DJI GO onto it then use that. Plug your standard cable into the phone, attach the DJI-provided adapter cable, then insert the micro USB into the P4P. But here's the important bit - when you get the update request in GO on the phone, insert the cable directly into the P4P with it already powered on. I don't believe it detects it properly if you power the P4P on After you've connected the phone.
2017-11-29
Use props
gtheller
lvl.2
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-11-29 15:08
My guess is that DJI GO has detected that your No-fly database on the P4P requires updating. If you're getting a picture of a smartdevice plugged directly into your P4P, then that's what it wants to do. This is separate to a firmware update detected for installation.

You have a P4P Plus by the sounds of it. Not sure how that's handled using that (as the tablet is built in), but if you have a smartphone you can install DJI GO onto it then use that. Plug your standard cable into the phone, attach the DJI-provided adapter cable, then insert the micro USB into the P4P. But here's the important bit - when you get the update request in GO on the phone, insert the cable directly into the P4P with it already powered on. I don't believe it detects it properly if you power the P4P on After you've connected the phone.

Thanks for the info.The picture I get is a diagram showing the drone connected to the controller with the supplied usb chord. I click o.k after it is connected and it goes away only to return the next time I power up the drone and the controller.
2017-11-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

gtheller Posted at 2017-11-29 15:38
Thanks for the info.The picture I get is a diagram showing the drone connected to the controller with the supplied usb chord. I click o.k after it is connected and it goes away only to return the next time I power up the drone and the controller.

Ah, OK. That's obviously the configuration for the Plus controller. Looks like, as previosuly stated, the No-Fly database isn't being updated. Easiest way to confirm is to look under "About" in the app's menu and check the version levels. I think the Basic database is now v01.00.01.05, and the Precise database is v01.00.01.07. I'm sure others will advise if that's not the most recent.

The question is why not though. Perhaps someone else with a Plus controller can confirm the correct sequence for doing the update.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, please try to refresh the firmware of the drone via DJI Assistant 2 and restore the RC to factory default, see if it helps.
2017-11-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

gtheller Posted at 2017-11-29 15:38

Do you put the short cable in the drone when connection them? - that would be the right way.
Any other options to click beside of OK?

If you do as Diana suggest, be aware to Sync your flights before reset of RC unless you don't care to keep your flight records.
2017-11-30
Use props
gtheller
lvl.2
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-30 02:48
Do you put the short cable in the drone when connection them? - that would be the right way.
Any other options to click beside of OK?

You are right about the short cable. As soon as I did that it downloaded.  Thanks for your help.
2017-12-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

gtheller Posted at 2017-12-8 07:16
You are right about the short cable. As soon as I did that it downloaded.  Thanks for your help.

Nice to hear that it really was that simple, thanks.

IT would be good if you edit the first post to start with [Solved] or similar.
Edit: The subject i was thinking of with a [Solved] marking
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules