Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hot spot
586 7 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I've noticed a hot spot in some of the video I shoot, it seems to happen when I'm shooting a scene with the sun directley behind the camera.  You can see an example of it in this clip traveling from left to right, what's causing this and how do you get rid of it?   

2017-11-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

There is nothing wrong with your camera, this is a perfectly natural phenomenon, it has a name, but I can never remember it. Your diagnosis is correct, it only happens with the sun at your back, and the only thing you can do about it is not shoot with the sun at your back.
2017-11-29
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

there is nothing to worry about. just as Geebax said
2017-11-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's physics at work.
You can avoid it but you can't get rid of it .
The name of the phenomenon is Heiligenschein (or it may be one of it's related variants).
2017-11-29
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

It sounds like it's an atmospheric phenomenon that has something to do with water particles in the air, would a better camera with different lenses have the same problem?
2017-11-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Floreto Posted at 2017-11-29 15:27
It sounds like it's an atmospheric phenomenon that has something to do with water particles in the air, would a better camera with different lenses have the same problem?

No, you can even see it with the naked eye from a passenger aircraft under the correct conditions. A 'better' lens would not help.
2017-11-29
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Heiligenschein is German for “Halo” it is an optical effect that creates a glow of light around the shadow of the viewer's head. It is often known as a hotspot, and is due to the reduction in the proportion of shadows viewed at angles close to the backscatter direction. The characteristics of the surface the shadow falls on can also increase this effect.

So what you are seeing is the drones shadow moving from left to right, the drones shadow is however, to small to see, but obviously not the effect.

See the following image with a larger “drone” shadow.
2017-11-29
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Normal happens to all.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now