OTG cable vs Android DJI Go 4 4.1.18
7441 55 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

djiuser_bUff4CC Posted at 2018-1-17 04:45
Well the problem in my case is that wifi interference is makeing it hard to fly without the cable. It was bought with the understanding that using cable was the way to go. Now i cant us my spark and all the gear i bought for it. I can fly short range but loosing the connetction triggers return to home. Now DJI is worthless to me. I spendt alot of money and its been so many updates and limitations. I cant recomend this to any one. The store who sell this in Norway they are selling it with 5 year you can file a complaint and get my money back. They will lose money and that will again make DJI loose money. If you state you can fly the range you have and now its now even close to that then i can complaint and they have to pay me back. I think this will be the case lot of stores and contires. So i would do something about this problem and fix it. It will only reflect back on DJI if you dont. !

Sorry to hear about the situation you experience. I would recommend you fly in recommended environment. And our engineers will try their best to meet users' requirement.
2018-1-21
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well by now we might suspect it's not about downgrading the spark against the Mavic Pro but against the Mavic air, but anyways: when I buy a toy for a couple of hundred bucks and the support is deliberately sabotaged, I won't buy an even more expensive toy from the same company, now am I?
2018-1-27
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Ammpexx Posted at 2018-1-27 16:40
Well by now we might suspect it's not about downgrading the spark against the Mavic Pro but against the Mavic air, but anyways: when I buy a toy for a couple of hundred bucks and the support is deliberately sabotaged, I won't buy an even more expensive toy from the same company, now am I?

And another update: by now it seems to be completely impossible to fly with OTG. The remote is connected and the aircraft to the remote, no fly view possible. Thank you DJI.
2018-2-25
Use props
djiuser_fVVGk7huJcBs
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi from a complete newbie to drones.
Just got a spark and love it except for the fact that I cannot get the distance that DJI promise due to the OTG issue.
Can someone tell me in simple terms how to roll back my DJI Go4 software to a point when the OTG cable works?
Working on a Samsung 7 running android.

Many thanks
2018-3-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_fVVGk7huJcBs Posted at 2018-3-8 02:28
Hi from a complete newbie to drones.
Just got a spark and love it except for the fact that I cannot get the distance that DJI promise due to the OTG issue.
Can someone tell me in simple terms how to roll back my DJI Go4 software to a point when the OTG cable works?

Sync your DJI Go App
uninstall the version  you have on the Phone
Download the 4.1.15 from apk mirror, easiesty try the 30xxxxx, it comes with all needed datas, no further download after installing
Install it, go to google play and disable auto update for the DJI Go4 App
Enjoy OTG
2018-3-8
Use props
CZ142
lvl.1
Ireland

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-3-8 02:41
Sync your DJI Go App
uninstall the version  you have on the Phone
Download the 4.1.15 from apk mirror, easiesty try the 30xxxxx, it comes with all needed datas, no further download after installing

Great. Thank you

2018-3-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You're welcome
2018-3-8
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>

Okay guys here is the next problem: I suppose, I could open a new topic for this, but is is highly related.

There was an update for DJI go 4 that allowed saving the wifi settings for the spark (so that I don't have to switch to 2.4GHz every time.

With the version promoted here (4.1.15) I cannot even select the frequency manually. Would I have to go down another version to 4.1.14?
2018-3-24
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>

Ammpexx Posted at 2018-3-24 05:23
Okay guys here is the next problem: I suppose, I could open a new topic for this, but is is highly related.

There was an update for DJI go 4 that allowed saving the wifi settings for the spark (so that I don't have to switch to 2.4GHz every time.

Edit: since when does the app constantly switch between 5.8 and 2.4 GHz back and forth while it is running? I want to manually fix my settings and be done with it.
2018-3-24
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Ammpexx Posted at 2018-3-24 05:39
Edit: since when does the app constantly switch between 5.8 and 2.4 GHz back and forth while it is running? I want to manually fix my settings and be done with it.

While i tested the 4.1.15 (or maybe 4.1.18) I also noted the constant switching of frequencies. There was even a few threads about that at that time (half a year ago). I never found out why as I downgraded to 4.1.14 to be able to choose the band myself everytime I power on the Spark (and to use the OTG cable). Maybe it is caused by the fact that some phones (probably all android phones in Europe ...) does not support 5,8GHz band and the automatic mode keeps trying to switch to it.

As to your previous question. If your phone does not support 5,8GHz band and you manually choose the 2,4GHz between the Spark and the RC in 4.1.15 you have to use an OTG cable to be able to connect to the RC with your phone (and with an OTG cable you can't change it back to 5,8GHz). The only way to get it back to automatic mode is to reset the Sparks WiFi and pair it again with the controller.
2018-3-24
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>

My phone does support both frequencies and I am pretty sure, most phones (also in Europe) do so, so that's that.

My problem is that I cannot choose the frequency manually. Be it with 4.1.14 or 4.1.15 and with wifi or with OTG connection.

Now I remember that back in the day this was possible, but had to be redone every time you power on the spark. Then cane an update (and I don't remember which version) and the settings wo be remembered.

But now I cannot choose the frequency at all. When I go into the settings, I can only switch between auto and custom, but custom only seems to allow me to choose the channel, not the frequency, which is the oddest thing ever...
2018-3-24
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>

9kay I think, I found it:for the "old" choice of frequencies you have to go down to 4.1.9!

HOWEVER, even with a selected Wi-Fi setting the remote seems to switch frequencies as it likes.
might this be locked into the firmware and not in the app?
2018-3-24
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>

Ammpexx Posted at 2018-3-24 10:16
9kay I think, I found it:for the "old" choice of frequencies you have to go down to 4.1.9!

HOWEVER, even with a selected Wi-Fi setting the remote seems to switch frequencies as it likes.

I also noted the following: when switching the settings, a prompt says it will restart wifi for this to take effect, and this is how I remember it, But it does not. The connection stays active and the frequency switching happily goes on. What is this?!
2018-3-24
Use props
Vyborny83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 166014 ft
Czechia

Ammpexx Posted at 2018-3-24 10:23
I also noted the following: when switching the settings, a prompt says it will restart wifi for this to take effect, and this is how I remember it, But it does not. The connection stays active and the frequency switching happily goes on. What is this?!

The last version that does not lock the frequency permanently is 4.1.14 from the last summer. That's why I am using it. Did you try to uninstall the DJI GO 4 App firs before installing the older one ?
2018-3-24
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>

I always Uninstaller the old version, but oddly enough it seems to remember the settings. Maybe I should completely delete the dji directories...

Are you sure, you mean 4.1.14? Looking it up on apk mirror this version is from November?

And as already mentioned with the 4.1.14 I only have this weird auto and custom menu which doesn't allow to really choose the frequency...
2018-3-24
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
  • >>>

So. I Uninstaller the app, deleted the whole dji folder on both the internal and external storage, installed the 4.1.14, set everything up aaaand: it is working. I was able to choose 2.4GHz and it stays! Also OTG works fine now.

Man what a fuzz. Thanks DJI for all this help and support.
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules