Rear Indcator Light / Prop failure
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knack439
New

United States

New pilot here.  Flew my Phantom 2 last week put it away no crashes no probs.  Took it out yesterday. Turned on Remote, then turned on Phantom.  All 4 indicator lights flashed 2-3 times then both rear indicator lights went out.  Picked up gps showing 2 front green lights only.  Tried to see what would happen to start the props.  Pulled down and in, all 4 props kicked in, i pushed up sticks and the two front props flipped it battery side up.  All 4 props were spinning, only front two spinning enough to develop lift.

Went thru and calibrated IMU basic and advanced, no change.  Any ideas how to fix this?  I have read in other posts that when they crash hard that the LED harness can unplug, not the case here, the leds come on when started for 2-3 blinks so they work..., it there a diagonstic download that i can figure WTH is going on?

2015-4-13
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Initially I would say ESCs, but both at the same time?  Motors aren't binding, all the firmware is up to date? RC calibrated.  If the advanced IMU was done I assume your compass numbers are good? Batteries good? You may have to pop the top and check all the connections....not sure what is going on.
2015-4-13
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Do a recalibration of all your flight controls.  Then if lights still out, check internal plugs and ESC's.
2015-4-13
Use props
yorlik
lvl.3

United States

you said:  
i pushed up sticks and the two front props flipped it battery side up.

sticks plural?  typo or for real?  You know to ONLY push up the LEFT throttle and NOT touch the right stick during take off, right?

Also, if you push up throttle slowly, you are apt to tip over;  always throttle up FULL fast to get off the ground.
2015-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules