Camera angle troubles
913 6 2017-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11004 ft
United States

I started having troubles controlling the camera angle the other day.  Often when I try to adjust the camera up it goes down then up or goes up and then down when I release the wheel.   All I can think of is that the gimbal wheel is malfunctioning.

Any other ideas would be helpful.
2017-11-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Grumpy. Please shoot a video about the situation so that we can locate the problem. Thanks a lot.
2017-11-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Grumpy,

Sounds like you need to Calibrate your Remote Controller.  This is one of the easier calibrations and you will be reminded that this has to be done with the aircraft turned off.  Be sure to move the Tilt Wheel all the way in both directions after you do the Sticks.  

People often forget the "Tilt Wheel" calibration.  Be sure to read the instructions so you start and stop the calibration as instructed.  There always seems to be a half step missing.  If you did not get it right the first time, do it again.  As I noted, it is one of the easier calibrations, but it is very important.

You might also want to check the options that make the "Tilt" smoother.  In the "Advanced Settings" for the gimbal you will find two pitch slider settings, speed and smoothness.  You may want to "Reset Settings".  Then make adjustments as needed.  Remember, tilt and pitch refer to the same thing.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-30
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-11-30 00:17
Aloha Grumpy,

Sounds like you need to Calibrate your Remote Controller.  This is one of the easier calibrations and you will be reminded that this has to be done with the aircraft turned off.  Be sure to move the Tilt Wheel all the way in both directions after you do the Sticks.  

Thanks.I’ll try recalibrating the remote.
2017-11-30
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-11-30 00:17
Aloha Grumpy,

Calibration worked.  Thanks
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-11-30 05:17
Calibration worked.  Thanks

So you can control the gimbal normally, right? That's so good to hear it worked now. Thanks to Cetacean's help, he's great and always help others.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

2017-11-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-30 18:02
So you can control the gimbal normally, right? That's so good to hear it worked now. Thanks to Cetacean' help, he's great and always help others.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Aloha Thor,

Mahalo for the kind words.  Every once in a while I get things hammered out right!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules