Overexposed pictures in new 360 pano mode. Anyone have that too?
6347 74 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Peter van Dijck Posted at 2018-1-25 09:59
@ DJI Thor:
When I made the 360 with over exposed pictures the setting for the photo's was set to auto. I did start away from the sun, with no overexposed screen. I did have a exposure graph on screen so I could check every picture if the graph would tell me overexposure. For every picture it took, the graph was correct, so technically NO over exposure on the moment of capturing it seems. On the sdcard however, all are overexposed. Even on days without any sun.
I solved it now by setting the pictures in manual mode now. BUT what I see there as well is the following: I start away from the sun. I set my EV at 0. Start the 360 pano. It does not stay at the 0EV, but for all puctures it is set to -2EV. That result is good enough in result to correct in post. I will put some of the pano's in a Onedrive with link, I do not use dropbox.  

That's good to hear that you got the positive result in this way. But I am sorry to tell that I am not able to access the link you posted. Maybe you can share the Pano to Skypixel and share the link with us.
2018-2-5
Use props
Peter van Dijck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87851 ft
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-5 01:11
That's good to hear that you got the positive result in this way. But I am sorry to tell that I am not able to access the link you posted. Maybe you can share the Pano to Skypixel and share the link with us.

I would not know how to post multiple directories with there 34 pictures into Skypixel. You where requesting the original pictures strait out of the SD card. Are you shure the links is not working for you? When I try, I dont see any strange things.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoUPu2Klmut8iLY7PnC8arsNxHnDPg

Regards, Peter
2018-2-5
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Hi to all same problem over exposed the capturing process is too fast. I tried different way in the same day but when MP is infront of the sun I obtain over exposure.
2018-2-5
Use props
Rulex
New
Flight distance : 69491 ft
Mexico

I was so excited to try the 360 deg. images only to be let down by this bug. Any updates?
2018-2-6
Use props
Speleo-flyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Rulex Posted at 2018-2-6 12:45
I was so excited to try the 360 deg. images only to be let down by this bug. Any updates?

For what it's worth, I tried my first Sphere panos today -- both were seriously overexposed.  Firmware was updated yesterday (01.04.0300).

The other three modes were a bit underexposed but probably usable (I haven't tried stitching, yet).
2018-3-7
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4
Flight distance : 75502 ft

Any news on a fix for this, my 360 panos are over exposed also. it must be because the first photo is taken of the ground & the camera doesn't have time to adjust for the sky between pictures.
2018-4-9
Use props
Neil Henderson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

interesting it does 34 and with my p4a ive only been doing 26 - how many rows and columns does it do my default and does it start 30 degrees up?
2018-4-15
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4

Neil Henderson Posted at 2018-4-15 11:03
interesting it does 34 and with my p4a ive only been doing 26 - how many rows and columns does it do my default and does it start 30 degrees up?

Don't know the rows and columns, however on every 360 pano i have done the first shot is of the ground, pointing straight down.
2018-4-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-1 00:14
Hi there, could you please provide me with the original pics for 360 pano? Please upload to Dropbox and paste the link here, will help to forward to our engineers to check. Thanks.

Trust me the problem is not just him but so many have the same issue.  I hope they come out with a fix for this.  Can you please forward this to who needs it to fix it?
2018-4-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

ddodell Posted at 2018-2-4 13:29
I just sent a ticket into DJI support, since I'm having the same problem .... but don't have the problem in Litchi

See difference:

yeah litchi is such a better app than DJI GO 4 with everything seriously.  It's pano's are much better and not as overexposed.  
2018-4-15
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

ddodell Posted at 2018-2-4 13:29
I just sent a ticket into DJI support, since I'm having the same problem .... but don't have the problem in Litchi

See difference:

Do not send it in.  Trust me this has been proven over and over that the DJI GO 4 dramatically overexposes these compared to Litchi.  It is not you but EVERYONE.  
2018-4-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

mtgscouser Posted at 2017-12-3 06:33
Dji please fix this option, it's one of the best things about the mavic. The camera definitely needs to take the pics slower.

Did you use the DJI app to stitch this?
2018-4-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Peterev Posted at 2017-12-3 15:50
Same here, really over exposed sphere panos but all the others are fine..
This is a 180 which was fine, I binned all the spheres..
[view_image]

This picture is great. What's your secret? Any post editing or color correction?
2018-4-15
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Italy

I have the same issue I changed stating point for the save sequence but no results. Really I don't know how to revolve the overexposure
2018-4-15
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Every time I take 360 pictures, i straight the camera directly down, I set the EV value to -0.3 or -0.7 , focus , and I do not have overexposer problems.
The fact that the pictures are running fast, is an asset to me.
2018-4-16
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Italy

mtgscouser Posted at 2017-12-18 09:15
Still no updates, cmon DJI what's happening with this please ??

I have same result about sphere mode, it seems there aren't solution at the moment
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Peter van Dijck Posted at 2018-2-5 01:41
I would not know how to post multiple directories with there 34 pictures into Skypixel. You where requesting the original pictures strait out of the SD card. Are you shure the links is not working for you? When I try, I dont see any strange things.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoUPu2Klmut8iLY7PnC8arsNxHnDPg

Peter, I am so sorry for the late reply. However, I am not able to access one drive link. And since you had resolved the pano over-exposure issue, we don't need the original pictures from the SD card, you can upload the stitched pano to Skypixel and share with us.
2018-4-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

SparksBird Posted at 2018-4-15 16:08
Trust me the problem is not just him but so many have the same issue.  I hope they come out with a fix for this.  Can you please forward this to who needs it to fix it?

Regarding the pano over-exposure issue, it had been replied on 23#. Please refer to the answer from the engineers. Thank you very much for your attention.
2018-4-16
Use props
fans1c70732e
New
Flight distance : 222740 ft
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-6 04:38
Hi there, the overexposure Sphere might because the all the EV of the pictures are depending on the first shot, so you can try to adjust the drone's direction to the start the shooting, or you can manually adjust the EV or shutter speed to the suitable one before you start it. See if it helps.

Hi @DJI Thor I don't think this is an acceptable solution as the first shot is always the one facing down. Which mean you can face the drone wherever you want, you shots facing looking up will be over exposed.

I also tried to put EV-2 and still get some overexposed shots. So once again, not an acceptable workaround.

I have ruined a lot of flying time with this issue, trying to find some workaround. But the real fix would be that the drone calculate the proper exposure for each shot.

Any plan on updating the firmware to fix this issue?
2018-5-12
Use props
fans1c70732e
New
Flight distance : 222740 ft
Norway

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-6 04:38
Hi there, the overexposure Sphere might because the all the EV of the pictures are depending on the first shot, so you can try to adjust the drone's direction to the start the shooting, or you can manually adjust the EV or shutter speed to the suitable one before you start it. See if it helps.

Hi @DJI Thor I don't think this is an acceptable solution as the first shot is always the one facing down. Which mean you can face the drone wherever you want, you shots facing looking up will be over exposed.

I also tried to put EV-2 and still get some overexposed shots. So once again, not an acceptable workaround.

I have ruined a lot of flying time with this issue, trying to find some workaround. But the real fix would be that the drone calculate the proper exposure for each shot.

Any plan on updating the firmware to fix this issue?
2018-5-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans1c70732e Posted at 2018-5-12 13:58
Hi @DJI Thor I don't think this is an acceptable solution as the first shot is always the one facing down. Which mean you can face the drone wherever you want, you shots facing looking up will be over exposed.

I also tried to put EV-2 and still get some overexposed shots. So once again, not an acceptable workaround.

Will forward your feedback to the engineers to know. Thank you for your suggestion.
2018-5-14
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.3
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

I create hdr panoramas manually but this is just ridiculous to see dji failing to bring advertised feature to work
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans1c70732e Posted at 2018-5-12 13:58

Hi there, got one more suggestion. Please kindly try to set the camera to Auto mode and unlock AE. See if it works better.
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansfb1bf277 Posted at 2018-5-14 22:25
I create hdr panoramas manually but this is just ridiculous to see dji failing to bring advertised feature to work

Could you please provide us with more details about this?
2018-5-16
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Italy

This is mine of a lot of tests. I tried to change ev, starting shot but each pano is overexposure. Really I think is a problem

https://www.skypixel.com/photos/ ... c-8280-c663424a5e30
2018-5-17
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Italy

2018-5-17
Use props
Walk
lvl.1
Cyprus

The issue still exists! Spark shoots 360 with no overexposure and Mavic fails.
DJI guys, this is just a real shame, can you fix that? If you need troubleshooting do not hesitate, I will help.
2018-6-16
Use props
dronebj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706965 ft

June 30 today, that is exactly 7 months after the issue was posted here. I flew today with latest firmware for the Mavic Pro and the issue still persists. Took multiple sphere panoramas and they're all horribly over-exposed. Does DJI want to fix this problem or will they continue to ignore it?
2018-6-30
Use props
Sim-Y
lvl.4

No fix for this then, only way to get around this at least for me was to shoot in manual mode, I set the camera pointing forward & set the camera up to the shot looks nice, then shoot the 360, its so musch better this way.
AUTO ruins the shots by overexposing, weird thing is sometimes I have had a great 360 in auto, but 19 times out of 20 it's over exposed
2018-7-1
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

tried to take some spherical panos with mavic pro today. unfortunately the overexposed/too bright pictures are still a thing in auto camera settings. weird though, the video feed shows clearly fine exposed images, so you think you're fine...

this should really be patched.
2018-7-9
Use props
fans3e2ef066
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1035689 ft
Brazil

Even after updating the firmware and DJI, I took the test today and all the images were over exposed...
2018-7-15
Use props
Bozek
lvl.1
Czechia

I have the same problem with latest firmware v01.04.0400. Spherical panos in auto-mode are overexposured. The only way to bypass this issue is manual mode. pano manual  pano manual and pano auto.
I am using DNG format and PTgui app to make panos so at least some useful data in DNG are but as you can see the result is bad.

Please plase DJI look at this issue and fix it in next firmware.
2018-7-15
Use props
exapixel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1035689 ft
Brazil

fans3e2ef066 Posted at 2018-7-15 17:49
Even after updating the firmware and DJI, I took the test today and all the images were over exposed...

Image exemple:
https://goo.gl/maps/uL76pRjt2KU2
2018-7-16
Use props
djiuser_bcoR2Cl5vtWR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 321896 ft
Brazil

Hello, I finally got help from the forum, I see that I have a very common problem. my Mavic Pro Platinum could not capture photos in PAN 360 ° mode with good illumination, all of them are over exposed. I have already adjusted EV -2.0 and tried with the mavic in several positions for the first photo and they all get very bad. Please DJI I am from Brazil and I do not have support. The Mavic pro no longer came with the asteroid function and one of the best functions does not work properly. Please DJI help.
2019-1-8
Use props
fans84ae0a03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've just had the same problem, and I think I might know why this happens.  

I took a bunch of pictures using Litchi.  All came out great.  

I then switched to the Go4 app.  Took some pics - no problem. Took a panorama - horribly overexposed.  Took a few more pics.  All good.

Here's my guess.  The app is locking the exposure to make stitching easier and, if the first image is dark, it sets it too low and as soon as you get sky in the picture it's a mess.  

This makes sense in my case.  The first picture taken was facing straight down and only a black roof casting a big shadow.  That looks OK.  But anything, where the camera is tilted more upright, gets overexposed and the sky shots would be completely useless were it not for the fact I took DNG, which helps a bit.  

I bet if I were over something white when I started it would not be a problem.  If my assumption is correct, DJI could fix this by making the first shot outward facing instead of downward facing.  
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules