F450 - Naza-M Lite w/ GPS
3020 5 2014-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davegbecker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2265568 ft
United States

I just built an f450 put naza m lite with the gps module on it. It flys great, goes into all the flight modes correctly. My question is in GPS mode how long should it take to lock on to a position? When I let off the sticks it kind of searches for its position. It will then lock on and stay in its position. It will kind of "searches" for its position, then locks on after a couple seconds. Is this normal?
2014-10-22
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

I would say that's normal for lite to wander around a bit always. My Naza V2 locks in and stays, but my lite does better some days than others.
2014-10-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

GPS lock and performance depends on many factors.  Number of satellites available and solar activity can both effect performance.  The solar activity has bee very high the last few days.  You may want to check with NOAA.
2014-10-23
Use props
davegbecker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2265568 ft
United States

thanks for the replies... I was going back through all my settings last night and realized that the distances from the CG to the GPS were gone! So I measured those and set them again. Could this have been the issue? I didn't get to test fly it because it was dark out, so hopefully nice weather today!
2014-10-24
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

You can be off a lot and it will stlil fly fine. Some people have put in all nines in every dimension and it still flys. LOL You can fine tune it the right numbers and more importantly the GPS puck set for your declination.
2014-10-24
Use props
lennywyatt
lvl.1

United States

I have no idea where to post this query. Hope somebody will read this. I'm jumping in with both feet here.
I've built a 450 size quad frame from aluminum. I mounted (proudly) a Naza m lite w/ gps.
I purchased 4 Gartt 2212 920KV motors and ESC's as a package. APC 10x4.5 props and a Fly Sky FS-T6 tx/rx from Gartt. Hyperion 3300mah S-3.
All seems okay except when i apply power the motors don't want to coordinate. Two will spin while others require more power to start. As i continue to apply power and the third and then fourth motor starts the craft wants to lift and frankly wants to flip. I pull power before this happens. Occasionally, one motor will continue running even though the throttle is at 0.
I believe all basic variables are properly set in the ESC's, TX etc. Also have done my due diligence with regards to the Naza MC. Obviously I've missed something. Attitude gains? Failsafe? Wha? Or. The Naza documentation warns of incompatible power. Are these Gartt motors and ESC's not so good?
2014-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules