Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No FPV, Phantom 2 Vision +
9240 13 2015-4-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jim.schneller
New

United States

jtschnel

Joined Apr 2015
1 Posts

[size=1.15em]
No FPV

I am having problems with the FPV using the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus.

I purchased it late last year and used it a few times. There was an initial issue with the FPV but deleting the Vision app and re-downloading seemed to fix the issue. I was using an iPhone 5S. Due to medical issues I didn't back to using it until yesterday. Just prior I purchased an iPhone 6+ specifically for the larger screen to use with the Vision app. When I powered everything up, no FPV.

I went to the DJI site and downloaded the latest firmware versions for the drone and tried again. No luck. Checking the SD card I found I was able to take pictures and videos but since I didn't have FPV I had no idea what I was taking until powering down removing the SD card and viewing on my laptop.

I then updated the firmware in the camera, no change. I then tried using my wife's iPhone 5S (what I used initially) with the Vision app, no luck.

I probably should have tried her phone before the firmware updates, would have given me an indication if it was the new iPhone or the updated firmware. I suppose it could also be the camera hardware ... if so that means that $700 piece of hardware would have cost me about $500 per hour to use it before breaking (that's how little time I've had flying it thus far).

This morning another test, flys ok but no FPV. Still flying blind.

Anybody have any luck getting assistance in resolving this issue?  Unfortunately, support appears to have been less than effective for others with this problem from what I'm reading.

Jim

2015-4-13
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Is the phone detecting the WiFi signal from the WiFi extender?
2015-4-15
Use props
zathis
lvl.2

Canada

gil Posted at 2015-4-16 00:21
Is the phone detecting the WiFi signal from the WiFi extender?

I am having the same issue, but using an Android device.  everything seems to be working fine, just no picture in the app.  Camera is working fine, takes pics and vid, gimbal responds well, just no image in the app.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no luck.  Tried on two different android devices with no luck.
2015-4-25
Use props
robbie33
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i am having the same problem.have tried everything but still the same.please post here if you get a fix for it
2015-4-26
Use props
homer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612457 ft
United States

I sent my unit in they replaced the Video Transmitter.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D4&lang=en

They had it for 6 Calender Weeks.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D2&lang=en
2015-4-27
Use props
go11
lvl.1
United States

Same issue... no joy
2015-9-22
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Camera trouble shooting
Please try the following steps:
•        Ensure you have upgraded all DJI products to their latest firmware. Check updated, plus the camera firmware
•        Ensure you are connected to the wifi phantom-xxxx SID
.        Check bluetooth be sure it is off
•        Ensure your phone has been updated to the latest software.
•        Ensure you have closed all other multi-tasking applications.
•        Check the free space on your mobile device, it is recommend having at least 3GB available, less storage could be causing an issue.
•        Try deleting the app from your phone and downloading it again.
•        Reduce the preview framerate from 30 fps to 15 fps in the Settings of the DJI Vision app.
Check your wifi battery level.
Check the three cable going to the gimbel and make sure they are tight and have no pins pulled out.

If yo do this and no joy, time to contact DJI tech support.
The only item left is the video feed plug in the transmitter under the shell and the wifi transmitter itself.
2015-9-26
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

I'm still doing some testing, but I had the same issue with my P2V+ V3 after updating to newest firmware and new IOS on an ipad2. I get everything but video on my screen when I use the Vision App. I later tried my Autopilot App (which I've yet to really use) at the house (not flying) and got video there so not sure what to think yet.  I haven't tried my 5s yet, but it also has the new IOS. I'll report back if I find anything helpful.

Barney
2015-9-26
Use props
dino54
lvl.2

United States

FWIW, I have experienced similar problems on both of my P2V+'s for the last month or so on my iPhone 6+ and iPad mini w/ rd. I've found that removing the battery and re-seating it in the body, restart the app and viola! Live view. It has to be an app problem seeing as it occurs on both quads and 2 different devices. I first thought it might be a weak battery connection but I cleaned up all the terminals and it still occurs on all 3 of my batteries.
2015-9-27
Use props
yuri_martins
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1732005 ft
Brazil

Hey guys, just did some tests with my P2V+ and I think it's definitely overheating in the wi-fi module.

What I tested:
. DJI VISION App
. Autopilot App (US$20,00)

I tried all the solution I saw people trying  with the phantom as you can see my first reply here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-31833-1-1.html

What I did now:

1. Went outside my house and flew if the phantom, with the live video working. I flew it in a fast speed and big turns, so it could get a lot of air.

2. Landed the phantom and changed the battery after my first one ran out. The live video was still working.

3. Flew in very slow speed, like I was doing a "Point of interest" flight. This way, the phantom wasn't getting to much air to cool it down. The live video was still working.

4. Landed the phantom, and turned it of. The live video was still working.

5. Turned it on again and started flying fast for 5 minutes so it could get more air again. The live video was still working.

6. Landed the phantom, turned it off and turned it on. For my surprise, the live video was working again.
Both apps the live video didn't work after step 3. Both apps started working after step 6.

So, my conclusion is that it's a project error from DJI and if your phantom is still in warranty, explain that to them so they could change you wi-fi module. There are some people that did that. Unfortunately, I'm from Brazil and I won't be able to send it back to them. So, I will try a solution that I saw in a video, using thermal paste in the wi-fi board.

Let you guys now if this solved the problem.
2015-9-28
Use props
okstuv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412694 ft
  • >>>
United States

For those DIYer folks with Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus and no FPV (Blank Screen) issue, I hope my tutorial on wifi module NAND repairhelps you: https://sites.google.com/view/phantom-2-wifi-module-fix/home
2018-2-8
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Apparently DJI is fixing these for free now.  
2018-2-9
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

yeah but I already buy a new wifi module, it's al started when they updated there vision app
2018-2-13
Use props
flightmaster300
lvl.1
Ireland

their is a man on eBay that is charging 40 pounds to fix this problem all you have to do is send the wifi receiver  (the thing with the 2 green lights on the remote) and the wifi module which is inside the drone he has a tutorial on youtube on how to remove it.
ps: here are some links i nearly forgot:

for the tutorial :
Solving the no FPV issue on the Phantom 2 vision plus complete guide

for the ebay thing (i don't know what to call it):

DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus loss of FPV WIFI module repair service.
2019-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules