litchi app
698 6 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
silicon falcon
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone know, if you change the altitudes of various waypoints on the litchi app, does the p3 climb gradually to the next waypoint or go to  the next waypoint and climb to  the desired altitude?
2017-11-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

It does a combination of both but doesn't fly in a straight line like that to the waypoint.  It will likely find the altitude first and then continue horizontally to the waypoint.  
2017-11-30
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-11-30 13:27
It does a combination of both but doesn't fly in a straight line like that to the waypoint.  It will likely find the altitude first and then continue horizontally to the waypoint.

If you use interpolate does it gradually change altitude between the two? I don't know as I am just looking at using Litchi and it seems to offer some very good solutions so I think I will invest just to experiment.
2017-11-30
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

When I say it does a combination of both, I mean it moves in the direction it's supposed to go, and it changes elevation, and it does both of these at the same time.  But it will reach elevation first.  
2017-11-30
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Mark is right, it will adjust altitude and horizontal position at the same time, but it has also been given a speed to follow. My observations lead me to believe the ac uses its speed setting primarily for the horizontal positioning, in cases where I wanted a vertical climb I have placed two waypoints at more or less the same position with different altitude settings. My subjective feeling is that the ac moved quickly to its new waypoint with minimal altitude change and completed the rest of the leg as a vertical climb. It would be interesting to know the protocols and the algorithm the software uses.
2017-11-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When I set different altitudes for waypoints, Litchi flies smoothly descending or ascending as it goes.
It does not fly to the next waypoint and then climb to altitude.
2017-11-30
Use props
silicon falcon
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the input. We will be flying the path of a bullet that ricochet off a pond. We know the bullets elevation at various points and was curious as tohow the elevation changes would be made.
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules