"Aircraft is force locked"
6497 10 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nikitapiankov
lvl.1
United States

I have the following problem with a P4P. I recently updated the firmware (through my Plus controller) and now when I start everything up I get this message on the screen. Basically it always says "Cannot take off" at the top and when I go start the propellers or use the "take off" option on the controller, it brings up this "force locked" message which goes away after a couple of seconds. What's going on with it? I tried it both inside and outside, but even getting GPS lock doesn't help it. I was flying it inside that same room just 10 days ago!

thumbnail.jpg
2017-11-30
Use props
Thunderbirds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 339888 ft
Canada

i seen this somewhere in forum, someone else was having same issue
2017-11-30
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Thunderbirds Posted at 2017-11-30 13:31
i seen this somewhere in forum, someone else was having same issue

It could be this thread.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-119705-1-1.html

2017-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please clarify which Go app version the P4P+ is running and whether it still shows you as logged into the app with your DJI Account? As far as troubelshooting that you may have you tried, have you tried refreshing the firmware on both the aircraft and RC via the Assistant 2 software, performing a factory reset on the built in screen, and also restoring the aircraft to factory defaults via the Assistant 2?
2017-11-30
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

It look a little like the error i got with latest fw/app (01.02.02.00) on the minus (+) RC but old FW on AC.
I got the "Cannot take off", in the Aircraft Status picture everything looks good, but when i tapped at "Overall Status" i got this last message "Aircraft locked. Update to latest version."
Do you get more information by tapping the "Overall Status" line?

Screenshot_2017-10-22-15-18-54.png

Screenshot_2017-10-22-15-19-30.png

Screenshot_2017-10-22-15-19-44.png
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, please check the overall status to see whether there is any specific warning. Make sure you have updated to the latest firmware and connect the internet when the GPS signal is good enough to check. Please let us know whether it works, thanks so much!
2017-12-1
Use props
nikitapiankov
lvl.1
United States

Ok, nothing is really working. I also have a regular controller - switched to that with the same result. The regular controller (with the latest DJI Go 4 app) says "Aircraft is locked" instead of "Aircraft is Force Locked", but that's about the only difference. There is no option to update anything. Picture attached.

I am clearly logged into my online DJI account.

Moreover, fiddling with DJI Assistant 2 did not produce any results. It said I was running the latest software. At the suggestion above I tried downgrading it and went down to 01.02.0304. No difference. I am trying to download and update it to 01.04.0602 again, but DJI assistant hangs up once it's finished downloading 100% and doesn't do anything after that. That one seems half-baked glitchy software. I tried to upload data and submit a complaint through it and couldn't even do that because I need to put in cell number and no matter what combination of digits I tried it wouldn't accept it and wouldn't even tell me what the right format for it is!

So I am at a loss of what to do.
2017-12-3
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

nikitapiankov Posted at 2017-12-3 14:16
Ok, nothing is really working. I also have a regular controller - switched to that with the same result. The regular controller (with the latest DJI Go 4 app) says "Aircraft is locked" instead of "Aircraft is Force Locked", but that's about the only difference. There is no option to update anything. Picture attached. [view_image]

I am clearly logged into my online DJI account.

I have almost exactly the same problem.  I flew normally as recently as a couple of days ago, but then I tried to fly this afternoon I got the "cannot take off" message and the "aircraft is locked" message, too.  When I tried to log back in to GO4, I had to take and pass a short quiz, which I did with no trouble, but the P4P is still locked.  Help!
2017-12-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very interesting.
2017-12-3
Use props
Jeffames226
lvl.2
United States

Hate to be the one to break it to you but you most likely WILL NOT be able to ever fly it again in that area.  DJI in its infinite wisdom has decided that the area you are in is a NFZ and I'd bet there is nothing you can do about it other than finding a way to roll back your AC firmware and DJI Go 4 to an earlier version.  The only way to do that is to search youtube for help on how to do it.  And you can bet your ass I will get banned for telling you this too and I could care less since I rarely come on here anymore due to their BS  screwing with our drones.  I have removed their claws from mine and they will never get it back!   So make sure you quote this reply so others can see it when they ban me...lol
2017-12-3
Use props
boykintom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 124656 ft
United States

I fixed my "aircraft locked" issue by updating the "Precise Fly Safe Database" from the DJI GO4 app with the tablet connected to the craft.  I then logged out of my DJI account and then logged back in, and the P4P is now working normally again.  There's a YouTube video by Ken Heron that explains how to do this:
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules