Broken Prop
1000 11 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

After flying for 2 weeks I decided to give my Spark a cleanup/inspection service. When remove the props I noticed that the tab on one of the props was broken. I never crashed. Always landed on flat service. I don't know how long I have been flying with broken prop. The prop was still latching on with one tab. I am happy that I took the initiation to service the spark.
When I replace the prop with the spare one I noticed that the hole was little tight thru the shaft.
My question is now: Do you think I should repace all 4 props since the old ones maybe have some wear on them and can cause unbalance?
Do you think is worth trying to go thru warranty? Props are only around USD 9
2017-11-30
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

following...
2017-11-30
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

These are some pics

2017-11-30
Use props
DarylMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7537661 ft
United States

I've had this happen to me twice during inspections.  Turn the Spark upside down and give it a light shake until the plastic clip falls out.  I also check and give a light pinch to the other props to make sure one of them is not close to snapping.  Change out the bad one and keep flying.
2017-11-30
Use props
sparkguygc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 230141 ft
Australia

Same thing happen to me... just thought I'd check they were all still clipped in properly one day and when I pulled it off, noticed one of the tabs broken.
Replaced them all.
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Lomo. Did you have any error message in the app? I would recommend you clean up the broken pieces in the motor or it will cause further damage. Please send it back for check and we will deal with it. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-11-30
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-30 19:27
Hi, Lomo. Did you have any error message in the app? I would recommend you clean up the broken pieces in the gimbal or it will cause further damage. Please send it back for check and we will deal with it. Thanks for your cooperation.

No, no message in the app. It was just a broken clip of one of the props. Not sure why/how?
2017-12-2
Use props
helmarw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12730 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-30 19:27
Hi, Lomo. Did you have any error message in the app? I would recommend you clean up the broken pieces in the gimbal or it will cause further damage. Please send it back for check and we will deal with it. Thanks for your cooperation.

what has the gimbal to do with a broken prop ?!
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

lomo2017 Posted at 2017-12-2 09:26
No, no message in the app. It was just a broken clip of one of the props. Not sure why/how?

If you did not clean up all the pieces, they may damage the motor when your drone take off. Please be careful if you want to deal with it on your own.
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

helmarw Posted at 2017-12-2 09:34
what has the gimbal to do with a broken prop ?!

Hi, sir. From the picture, you can see the broken pieces stuck inside the motor. We would not recommend users deal with it in case of further damage.
2017-12-4
Use props
helmarw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12730 ft
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-4 03:29
Hi, sir. From the picture, you can see the broken pieces stuck inside the gimbal. We would not recommend users deal with it in case of further damage.

sorry, im not seeing the gimbal on any of those photos, only the motors ...
2017-12-8
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why wasn't this base plate designed in a way that should this part snap off it would not fall inside the motor in the first place.
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules