2364 3 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I know this is way way to early but was wondering about the next gen of camera for the inspire 2 or inspire 3.

1. do you think the inspire 3 will have the camera mount as the inspire 2

2. I read that the dl lenses apart from the 16mm are Full Frame ready.. do you think the next camera could be a full frame and do you think if we purchase all the dl lenses we will be able to use them on the next gen dji camera (x9)??
2017-11-30
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Could be full frame.  The 36MP full-frame sensors should be cheap now that the majors have moved to the 40-50MP range.

Hopefully, whatever it is can be used on some sort of Osmo which means the licensing and camera electronics would have to go into the gimbal camera so the I2 may be history.  That part bothers me buying these over-priced X7 cameras where you cannot use them handheld as with the Inspire 1 series and maybe not beyond the current Inspire generation.  I'd rather have some universality in gear than being locked into one item (I2) that may be abandoned in a year to two in favor of a new gimbal mount for a new self-contained camera (X8 or X9).  Nikon, and to a lessor extent Canon, kept their systems together where the older lenses could be used on newer bodies which the pros liked and kept the brand going.  RED, albeit expensive, offers many mounts for various lenses and will work as a stand-alone verses the X7 which is only half a camera without the I2.

The Phantom 5 rumors are interesting too if they offer interchangeable lenses on that platform and staying affordable.  Might give the current I2 setup a run for its money along with being smaller and lighter weight.  Maybe with retractable gear too.  Dunno, but tech moves fast.

2017-11-30
Use props
Skyris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-11-30 17:30
Could be full frame.  The 36MP full-frame sensors should be cheap now that the majors have moved to the 40-50MP range.

Hopefully, whatever it is can be used on some sort of Osmo which means the licensing and camera electronics would have to go into the gimbal camera so the I2 may be history.  That part bothers me buying these over-priced X7 cameras where you cannot use them handheld as with the Inspire 1 series and maybe not beyond the current Inspire generation.  I'd rather have some universality in gear than being locked into one item (I2) that may be abandoned in a year to two in favor of a new gimbal mount for a new self-contained camera (X8 or X9).  Nikon, and to a lessor extent Canon, kept their systems together where the older lenses could be used on newer bodies which the pros liked and kept the brand going.  RED, albeit expensive, offers many mounts for various lenses and will work as a stand-alone verses the X7 which is only half a camera without the I2.

Good points, I just hope whatever they make next the lenses that I have to purchase for the x7 will work on it.. I can't go through the process of selling gear to repurchase again I just lose so much money, If and when I upgrade the sony a7 series at least the fe mount lenses I have can be used again...

The phantom 5 does sound great, I wonder what the prices are going to be for the lenses..   
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Skyris. Thanks for your attention and feedback. Your idea will be forwarded to our engineers.
2017-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules