Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 Pro - gimbal making a noise when looking down
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_vlrIESP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I am experiencing some issues with gimbal when camera looking down. Camera is shaking and makes weird noise. Had no crashes whatsoever, issue started occuring while ago. I have refreshed the firmware, re calibrated the gimbal and all was fine, but not for long. As soon as I went outside and fly away camera started shaking again.

Anyone experienced similar issues before? I believe it started just after I changed the settings of the gimbal (how fast it goes up/down etc.).

Thanks
2017-11-30
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Have you had any crashes at all? Have you had a good look at the gimbal to make sure it is able to move freely?
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Sir, what's the current aircraft version? Does the issue appear in every flight? Could you upload a short video for better assistance?
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_vlrIESP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
As stated before I have not had any crashes before but I believe this started I first changed gimbal settings. My Gimbal Start/Stop buffer is set on 19 and Gimbal Pitch EXP is set on 16. Issue is that it is not happening all the time when testing at home but each time I went outside it did occur during the flight. Please see below for a link to the video.

2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_vlrIESP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just tried it again and it works fine. This is so annoying
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_vlrIESP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Please see a footage from my last flight. You can see how annoying it is. Anyone had same issues before?
Drone has not been touched for last hour and it is happening again even after re - calibration.... Do I simply should go back to the retailer and ask for a replacement/refund?

2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_vlrIESP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 00:14
Hello Sir, what's the current aircraft version? Does the issue appear in every flight? Could you upload a short video for better assistance?

Version V01.04.0602
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_vlrIESP Posted at 2017-12-1 04:44
Please see a footage from my last flight. You can see how annoying it is. Anyone had same issues before?
Drone has not been touched for last hour and it is happening again even after re - calibration.... Do I simply should go back to the retailer and ask for a replacement/refund?

Sir, the videos you offered are not available to play. Could you double check and confirm? Alternatively, you can upload to Google Drive or Dropbox, and share us the link, we'll look into it.
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_vlrIESP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

You should be able to watch it now.
2017-12-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_vlrIESP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 23:14
Sir, the videos you offered are not available to play. Could you double check and confirm? Alternatively, you can upload to Google Drive or Dropbox, and share us the link, we'll look into it.

You should be able to watch the video now as I changed it to public now. Could you please let me know as soon as you can what I can do as otherwise I need to go to retailer to see if they can replace it or I need to ask for refund.

Thanks
2017-12-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_vlrIESP Posted at 2017-12-4 02:49
You should be able to watch the video now as I changed it to public now. Could you please let me know as soon as you can what I can do as otherwise I need to go to retailer to see if they can replace it or I need to ask for refund.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us. The videos play well now. As for the gimbal noise, there is one beta firmware which is trying to fix it, please kindly offer your DJI Account, I'd like to help you get the beta and try again. Please make sure the update is successful, then calibrate the gimbal camera to see whether the issue remains.
2017-12-4
Use props
djiuser_vlrIESP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry for the problem but I have returned drone back to retailer and asked for replacement as didn't want to wait any longer. If gimbal will go mad again I will let you know.

Thanks
2017-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules