Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
1442 4 2017-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yflyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2030272 ft
Canada

I bought the Osmo Mobile yesterday (Black Friday Sale).  While charging, I watched a few Youtube videos on how to set it up then when it's fully charged, I set it up using my Galaxy Note 4, it connected to bluetooth and so on then it says "ready". I clicked ready and I get this message "mount your phone on the gimbal". I tried so many times and I cannot get rid of this error message. I fully charged the phone, reseated the battery, restarted phone but to no avail - the Note 4 is unusable. My wife has an Iphone 7 plus, I put it in the gimbal and no problem whatsoever. I put the Note 4 in the gimbal - same issue ...mount your phone on the gimbal. Is my Osmo mobile defective? Is there a workaround to eliminate this problem? If it it will only work with an Iphone then I don't want this thing. Thanks!
2017-11-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

Hi, Yflyer. It seems that your osmo does not detach your phone. What is the color of your mobile? You can enter the app and go to 'Gimbal Setting" and disabled mobile phone detection sensor. Please level the gimbal before turning on osmo mobile.
2017-12-1
Use props
Yflyer
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-1 00:33
Hi, Yflyer. It seems that your osmo does not detach your phone. What is the color of your mobile? You can enter the app and go to 'Gimbal Setting" and disabled mobile phone detection sensor. Please level the gimbal before turning on osmo mobile.

The color of my phone is black. I tried finding that "Gimbal Setting" on the app but can't find it. I went to Settings (the gear on the bottom right corner of the screen) but couldn't find that. Can you please tell me where it is?
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
Administrator
China

Yflyer Posted at 2017-12-1 07:01
The color of my phone is black. I tried finding that "Gimbal Setting" on the app but can't find it. I went to Settings (the gear on the bottom right corner of the screen) but couldn't find that. Can you please tell me where it is?

Please enter Settings > Gimbal and find the option. Hope it can help.
2017-12-3
Use props
Yflyer
Second Officer
Canada

Yflyer Posted at 2017-12-1 07:01

I've had enough of this "mount your gimbal" crap so I went to Bestbuy and exchanged it. I'm glad I did it because that message  didn't appear anymore when I mounted the Note 4 so problem solved. What it mean is the gimbal has a defective sensor.
I'm not out of the woods yet, I noticed that this thing gets a little bit hot compared to the one I had before. Another bad DJI Osmo? If it is, I will just go back to Bestbuy and get a refund and forget about this whole gimbal thing and stick to just flying my Spark. $400 Canadian is a lot of money for a product that does not work properly.
2017-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules