Questions About Selling A DJI Phantom 3 Standard
1861 17 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse5027bd2
lvl.1
United States

Hello! So, I have a couple of questions about selling a DJI Phantom 3 Standard. So, I bought a refurbished DJI Phantom 3 Standard from the DJI store for $399 in June 2017. I bought DJI care for $129 for the drone. So, the drone has 6 months of insurance left, if someone breaks it. I also bought a backpack for it ($50) and a case for the battery ($10). I have only flown it about 20 times. So, my first question is, how would I transfer ownership of the drone, to whoever I sell it to, so the drone won't be under my name? Is DJI care attached to the drone or under the person who bought it? Lastly, in total, I payed $588 for the drone and accessories, what do you think is a decent price for the drone?
2017-12-1
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Look on eBay that will give you the average selling price.
2017-12-1
Use props
Dhillskiier1653
lvl.2
Flight distance : 391818 ft
United States

What would you like to get for it? It all depends on your opinion for the value of your P3. I would say ask a little bit less then the total cost put into it and if that doesn't work, ask around or ask friends and family to see if anyone would like to purchase it from you.
2017-12-1
Use props
fanse5027bd2
lvl.1
United States

Dhillskiier1653 Posted at 2017-12-1 08:08
What would you like to get for it? It all depends on your opinion for the value of your P3. I would say ask a little bit less then the total cost put into it and if that doesn't work, ask around or ask friends and family to see if anyone would like to purchase it from you.

Ok, thank you! I was wondering if you know, how to transfer ownership of a drone, so it will be under the name of the person who buys it? And if DJI care is under the drone or person who bought it?
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, the warranty and DJI Care are bound with the aircraft SN, instead of person. Also, the activation info can not be changed, and the new owner can use his DJI Account to fly in the future, please kindly note.

BTW, why do you want to sell the drone? Any plan to upgrade to other drones?
2017-12-1
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

so what country are you in im looking for a good backup drone if the price is right
2017-12-1
Use props
fanse5027bd2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 20:14
Hey there, the warranty and DJI Care are bound with the aircraft SN, instead of person. Also, the activation info can not be changed, and the new owner can use his DJI Account to fly in the future, please kindly note.

Hello! Thank you for the comment! So that means, if the person who buys it from me, breaks the drone, they can still use the DJI care, without having to contact me? If possible, how would they do that? I am selling the drone, because I am not using it much cause of my busy schedule. But, it was still fun to have the drone.
2017-12-2
Use props
fanse5027bd2
lvl.1
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-1 21:55
so what country are you in im looking for a good backup drone if the price is right

Hello! Thank you for the response. I am currently in the United States.
2017-12-2
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Thats a bummer im in aus
2017-12-2
Use props
fanse5027bd2
lvl.1
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-2 15:22
Thats a bummer im in aus

Yea, that's pretty far away. But, thanks for asking.
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanse5027bd2 Posted at 2017-12-2 15:04
Hello! Thank you for the comment! So that means, if the person who buys it from me, breaks the drone, they can still use the DJI care, without having to contact me? If possible, how would they do that? I am selling the drone, because I am not using it much cause of my busy schedule. But, it was still fun to have the drone.

Thanks for getting back to us. If the drone need repair, the new owner can start a case and send it in from here: http://www.dji.com/support If the drone has bound DJI Care successfully, the local team will do damage assessment and reduce the repair fees from DJI Care after the unit arrived. No need to contact you any more.
2017-12-3
Use props
fanse5027bd2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-3 22:21
Thanks for getting back to us. If the drone need repair, the new owner can start a case and send it in from here: http://www.dji.com/support If the drone has bound DJI Care successfully, the local team will do damage assessment and reduce the repair fees from DJI Care after the unit arrived. No need to contact you any more.

Ok, thank you!
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You are welcome! Feel free to contact us if there is any further questions.
2017-12-5
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-1 20:14

Hi DJI Susan ....
so ... I’m going to sell my DJI phantom 3 adv ...
But the activation will be forever on my name ... or I can reset it or something else before to sell ?
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-12-23 05:22
Hi DJI Susan ....
so ... I’m going to sell my DJI phantom 3 adv ...
But the activation will be forever on my name ... or I can reset it or something else before to sell ?

I'm afraid not. One drone can only be activated once.
2017-12-24
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-24 02:42
I'm afraid not. One drone can only be activated once.

And so... do you mean that I can NOT to sell him ?
Just to be clear ... will be my phantom 3 adv  forever under my responsibility ?
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AlexVideoShark  Posted at 2017-12-24 03:14
And so... do you mean that I can NOT to sell him ?
Just to be clear ... will be my phantom 3 adv  forever under my responsibility ?

Alex, the activation info can not be changed as long as the activation is successful. The new owner can register his DJI Account and fly under his account. Hope this make it clear.
2017-12-25
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-25 22:07
Alex, the activation info can not be changed as long as the activation is successful. The new owner can register his DJI Account and fly under his account. Hope this make it clear.

I got it ...
many thanks for your patience
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules