finding lost drone with app map
4226 18 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2396b4e2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 283261 ft
United States

My Phantom 3 standard went down in a park.  I used the tracking map in the app to locate it. I assumed that the red triangle is the aitrcraft and the blue dot is my location. It led me to a spot near some trees.  On the ground were a couple pieces of prop blade but the aircraft was nowhere around.  The ground had leaves but no underbrush. There were some trees but they were bare and you could see 99% into them. I looked around for hours knowing that it had to be there.  
My question-If the red triangle still appears on the map does that mean the the aircraft is there?  I know i'm not going blind but I just can't find it.
2017-12-1
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

As long as the ac is alive and connected it will send its position back to the controller. You would indeed appear to have found it, if you have found bits of propeller then the ac will not be far off, without props it cannot fly and without legs it cannot walk. Has it possibly been found by somebody and taken away?
2017-12-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How long has it been lost?  It may be giving you it's last known location. If battery ran down, or someone picked it up and cut it off.
2017-12-1
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I hate to say it but i would have to agree that it seems someone may have picked it up. Is this part of the park usually occupied by people? The AC should be fairly close to the prop pieces.
2017-12-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Sir, I'm sorry to hear the crash. Generally, the last GPS coordinates indicated the place where the connection lost. And it's hard to predict the direction if the drone was blown away or picked up by others. Good luck.
2017-12-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

in case of accident, the drone should be put in beacon mode, and be able to locate it via wifi, it would be possible, maybe
2017-12-2
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Did you have it marked with your contact details in case someone finds it, they can call you?
2017-12-2
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

So let me understand, if the battery ran down, or it's off, it will located the last position? And after this, it will not show the precise location?
2017-12-2
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

Check your local lost and found adds at this point.
2017-12-2
Use props
fans2396b4e2
lvl.1
United States

RADROCKET Posted at 2017-12-2 06:10
Check your local lost and found adds at this point.

Thanks.  it's still a mystery.  I was standing on the spot where the final video was showing the ac on the ground.  The red arrow still was showing on my phone but someone must have seen it go down and grabbed it and turned it off.  I was there in 15 minutes.
Anyway, DJI anyalized the flight data and replaced it.  Great company. It was a fly off failure.
My contact info was on the ac  along with "reward"and I checked Lost and found.
Thanks again for your help.  Bill B.
2017-12-29
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Glad you got it replaced!
2017-12-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-29 07:42
Glad you got it replaced.

Yes, that's great to hear.

RedHotPoker

2017-12-29
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Had a P4 go into bare trees this December in woods. Found bits of broken props and looked in the tree for over ten minutes before we saw it. We looked right at it multipl times, but never saw it. FWIW.
2017-12-29
Use props
Badbobstikibar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 620112 ft
United States

Happy ending for sure. Drone on
2017-12-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW, 1 up to DJI, great ending
2017-12-29
Use props
Quest4Life
New
United States

fans2396b4e2 Posted at 2017-12-29 06:35
Thanks.  it's still a mystery.  I was standing on the spot where the final video was showing the ac on the ground.  The red arrow still was showing on my phone but someone must have seen it go down and grabbed it and turned it off.  I was there in 15 minutes.
Anyway, DJI anyalized the flight data and replaced it.  Great company. It was a fly off failure.
My contact info was on the ac  along with "reward"and I checked Lost and found.

HOw did you go about getting it replaced?  I have the DJI Care option on mine, and my DJI Pro 4 did the same thing yesterday, I fly at my 161 acres all the time doing 3d modeling/maps, it takes off, does it's thing, comes back and lands....it never came back this time, and my dang tablet batter died about 5 minutes after that so I lost the position/visibility.

Any advice would be great.
2018-2-21
Use props
fans2396b4e2
lvl.1
United States

You should contact DJI tech and they will tell you how to let them access the cloud with your stored aircraft flight data.  They should be able to tell what happened and what caused it.  I wasn't looking for a replacement but they studied my data and determined that they would offer me a replacement.  Good luck with your quest.
2018-2-22
Use props
Jeff Millard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2396b4e2 Posted at 2018-2-22 17:52
You should contact DJI tech and they will tell you how to let them access the cloud with your stored aircraft flight data.  They should be able to tell what happened and what caused it.  I wasn't looking for a replacement but they studied my data and determined that they would offer me a replacement.  Good luck with your quest.

+1 for uploading your flight data huh? Good stuff right there!

Jeff
2018-2-23
Use props
fans2396b4e2
lvl.1
United States

Go into your app on the  tablet and look up your flight records. You can watch the video that was being taken when the drone went down.  You might recognize landmarks, trees, etc. to help locate the spot. It's all there on your tablet or phone or whatever you were using.
2018-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules