Purchase Via DJI or Amazon?
17340 26 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I'm curious if there's an advantage to purchasing a Mavic Pro through the DJI website over Amazon.

It's the same product, same price. The product on Amazon is being sold by DJI, not a third-party. The only difference I see is delivery time. It looks like I can get it quicker ordering through Amazon.

Thoughts?
2017-12-1
Use props
Mike-PNW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

Buy from Costco. They have a hassle free return policy and GREAT customer service.  ( something DJI should learn from ).
2017-12-1
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

Mike-PNW Posted at 2017-12-1 12:12
Buy from Costco. They have a hassle free return policy and GREAT customer service.  ( something DJI should learn from ).

Not a member of Costco.

So far I've been extremely pleased with the customer service I've received from DJI. Not sure about their return policy since I haven't faced that yet. And hopefully don't have to.
2017-12-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-1 13:15
Not a member of Costco.

So far I've been extremely pleased with the customer service I've received from DJI. Not sure about their return policy since I haven't faced that yet. And hopefully don't have to.

DJI's return policy is only 7 days, which in my opinion is the biggest disadvantage of buying from them directly.
2017-12-1
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-1 13:33
DJI's return policy is only 7 days, which in my opinion is the biggest disadvantage of buying from them directly.

Not much of window, huh?
2017-12-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Not at all.

Can you provide a link to the DJI through Amazon? When I checked just now all I could find were third-party sellers. In any case, I would assume that buying through Amazon would get you at least the usual 30-day return window, and at this time of year I believe you actually get until the end of January (everything is considered a potential gift purchase).

I do know that DJI sells through NewEgg, and that's normally how I buy because it offers the best of both worlds: relatively early availability (because you're buying from DJI) and a more generous return policy. I got both my Mavic and goggles earlier than most that way.
2017-12-1
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-1 16:29
Not at all.

Can you provide a link to the DJI through Amazon? When I checked just now all I could find were third-party sellers. In any case, I would assume that buying through Amazon would get you at least the usual 30-day return window, and at this time of year I believe you actually get until the end of January (everything is considered a potential gift purchase).

Here's a link to the Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More on Amazon from DJI.

Order now for delivery by December 6th.

Sounds like ordering through Amazon might be the way to go.
2017-12-1
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazon for sure! Their return policy is great!
2017-12-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-1 17:22
Here's a link to the Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More on Amazon from DJI.

Order now for delivery by December 6th.

Thanks. That link's for buying it directly from Amazon, so their return policy is definitely what would be applicable. The only other consideration that may or may not be relevant (depending upon which state you live in) is sales tax, which for a purchase of this size will probably be pretty significant.

P.S. The situation with NewEgg is slightly different because there you can order from the DJI Official Store. In other words, you order through NewEgg but the order goes to DJI and they ship directly to you -- but you're not limited to a 7-day return policy.
2017-12-1
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
Malaysia

There are some other great places to buy the Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More combo that will have them in stock next week.  I checked Amazon earlier and the tax alone on the Fly More Combo was over $111.00.  Order from one of the other places and pay no tax at all.  Got my order in with B&H Photo and expect delivery by the end of next week or the first of the following week.
2017-12-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just wish DJI would have a better shipping time and better CS.
2017-12-1
Use props
crammm69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4596 ft
United States

Amazon. I purchased my Spark on there. After it stopped connecting after two weeks I simply was able to return it for a full refund rather than send the drone to DJI and wait for a few weeks. I then decided to use the refund to upgrade to the Mavic Pro rather than get another Spark. Again, purchased on amazon for the great service. As an extra tip, I also was able to contact my local state farm agent and take our a personal article policy on the drone for $50 for the year. I would strongly recommend this. It covers absolutely anything that may happen to the Mavic, even if it is lost or stolen.
2017-12-1
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely Amazon.
2017-12-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love amazon.
2017-12-1
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-1 18:35
Thanks. That link's for buying it directly from Amazon, so their return policy is definitely what would be applicable. The only other consideration that may or may not be relevant (depending upon which state you live in) is sales tax, which for a purchase of this size will probably be pretty significant.

P.S. The situation with NewEgg is slightly different because there you can order from the DJI Official Store. In other words, you order through NewEgg but the order goes to DJI and they ship directly to you -- but you're not limited to a 7-day return policy.

The Amazon order goes through DJI and they ship directly too. Maybe that's what you're saying. I believe ordering through Amazon, your order is backed by their refund policy.

True, sales tax is added when ordering through Amazon. Is that not the same for NewEgg? Is there no sales tax ordering through NewEgg?

One of the other reasons I like ordering through Amazon is their AmazonSmile program.
2017-12-2
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

crammm69 Posted at 2017-12-1 20:02
Amazon. I purchased my Spark on there. After it stopped connecting after two weeks I simply was able to return it for a full refund rather than send the drone to DJI and wait for a few weeks. I then decided to use the refund to upgrade to the Mavic Pro rather than get another Spark. Again, purchased on amazon for the great service. As an extra tip, I also was able to contact my local state farm agent and take our a personal article policy on the drone for $50 for the year. I would strongly recommend this. It covers absolutely anything that may happen to the Mavic, even if it is lost or stolen.

Great information. Thanks for sharing.

The more people talk about it, the more I think I should look at getting insurance.
2017-12-2
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would caution you from buying third party unless they are an authorized DJI dealer. DJI does have a store on Amazon, but if you are looking at saving time, might want to try BestBuy. They actually will price match Amazon pricing as long as it is being shipped directly from Amazon.
2017-12-2
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-2 07:27
The Amazon order goes through DJI and they ship directly too. Maybe that's what you're saying. I believe ordering through Amazon, your order is backed by their refund policy.

True, sales tax is added when ordering through Amazon. Is that not the same for NewEgg? Is there no sales tax ordering through NewEgg?

The Amazon order goes through DJI and they ship directly too. Maybe that's what you're saying.

Yes, that sounds like the same way it works through NewEgg. I didn't realize they had a similar arrangement with Amazon. Normally Amazon would list them as a third-party seller, but maybe their arrangement with DJI is different. I believe it's going to depend on what state you're located in.

I believe ordering through Amazon, your order is backed by their refund policy.

I'm pretty sure you're right.

I don't have to pay sales tax when ordering through the Official DJI Store on NewEgg but do when I order through Amazon unless it's an out-of-state third-party seller.

One of the other reasons I like ordering through Amazon is their AmazonSmile program.

I see. Yes, it's a good program.
2017-12-2
Use props
barryjo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

With Amazon their return policy for the holidays states that any purchase, purchased from November 1st through December 31 has until the 31st of January 2018 to return. Check out their return policy, you can't beat that. I purchase most of my Xmas gifts with them for that reason.
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CycleParadise, no matter where you buy the drone, we appreciate your support to DJI.
2017-12-3
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-2 10:36
The Amazon order goes through DJI and they ship directly too. Maybe that's what you're saying.

Yes, that sounds like the same way it works through NewEgg. I didn't realize they had a similar arrangement with Amazon. Normally Amazon would list them as a third-party seller, but maybe their arrangement with DJI is different. I believe it's going to depend on what state you're located in.

I don't have to pay sales tax when ordering through the Official DJI Store on NewEgg but do when I order through Amazon unless it's an out-of-state third-party seller.

Thanks for the additional information. Will definitely start taking a look at NewEgg when shopping!!
2017-12-3
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-3 00:46
CycleParadise, no matter where you buy the drone, we appreciate your support to DJI.

As much as possible, I prefer to by from the manufacturer, even when it's through a reputable 3rd party (Amazon, NewEgg, etc.).

So far, I've been very pleased with my purchases and the support I've received from DJI.
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-3 11:44
As much as possible, I prefer to by from the manufacturer, even when it's through a reputable 3rd party (Amazon, NewEgg, etc.).

So far, I've been very pleased with my purchases and the support I've received from DJI.

That is so good to hear that, we will keep improving to provide more good products and more professional customer service.
2017-12-3
Use props
Evan Herman
New

If you like waiting 1+ month for your product and receiving horrible customer service then ordering from DJI is the way to go.

But seriously...never order from DJI directly. Amazon every time.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Evan Herman Posted at 2018-8-7 15:12
If you like waiting 1+ month for your product and receiving horrible customer service then ordering from DJI is the way to go.

Evan, I've read your comments and responded, please keep us posted there: https://forum.dji.com/thread-160685-1-1.html thanks!
2018-8-7
Use props
Corey Rippeto
New

United States

Personally, I'd purchase using Amazon.

Especially if you have the Amazon credit card, because you earn 5% rewards on all purchases.

5% from a DJI Mavic Pro 2 Fly More Kit bundle is nearly $100 in rewards points, which if you use amazon alot, is essentially the same as saving $100. On top of that, you still get the free 2-day shipping, while keeping Amazon's longer return policy?

There is no competition here. Amazon wins.
2018-11-25
Use props
Behr Palomo
New
Flight distance : 6640 ft
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-2 07:27

Not sure what you're saying, but as an Amazon Seller, anything listed on Amazon Prime is stored in Amazon's warehouses and that's how they ship out so fast. So if it's listed as DJI the seller, and it's a Prime item, that means DJI has sent their inventory to Amazon to qualify for the Prime program. Also be aware it could be a copycat company using a name like "DJ1DR0NES", but might not actually be affiliated with the DJI manufacturer.
2021-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules