2631 11 2017-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HAILSTONE AERIA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536781 ft
New Zealand

Hi all,
I am wondering why Dji hasn't released a maintenance manual checklist for the Inspire 2.
If we want to be more accepted and respected in the aviation sector then we need to show that we take maintenance of our aircraft seriously. In New Zealand if we have a UAOC we need to show the CAA our maintenance history.

This should be a top priority for DJI and frankly I am astonished as to why this hasn't been done already. They should be pushing us to do this and providing us with an easy to follow monthly or six monthy and daliy checklists with simple tick boxes. To go a step further it should be intergrated into the DJI GO app, but this is only a suggestion. We definately need a PDF checklist though.
This would make local regulators happier about our existence and give us more creditbility.

At the moment we have our own checklist, but it would be much better if the manufacturer had one that is specifically designed for the aircraft that they have sold us.

Thanks for reading,

Glenn

2017-12-1
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I am also waiting for the Inspire 2 maintenance manual as we also have to submit this to Transport Canada when applying for our SFOC. The inspire 1 has one, and for the most part the maintenance should be very similar.  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... e_ManualV1.0_en.pdf
2017-12-1
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

There is not a massive, physical difference between the I2 and I1 so I guess that is why DJI is recommending we use the I1 maintenance schedule until one is released for the I2.

Mark G.
2017-12-1
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-1 23:57
There is not a massive, physical difference between the I2 and I1 so I guess that is why DJI is recommending we use the I1 maintenance schedule until one is released for the I2.

Mark G.

Great suggestion Mark
2017-12-2
Use props
HAILSTONE AERIA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536781 ft
New Zealand

Ok thanks for that guys. I still think they need one for the I2, because there are differences and also government departments like to see the right manual for the right aircraft. With the billions of dollars at DJI's disposal I'm pretty sure they can make this happen, and its in there best interest, to make it at least look like they are trying to do things properly the way things should be done in aviation. That is if they/we want to be taken seriously by the wider aviation community.
2017-12-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, guys, the maintenance manual will be released soon, I will contact related department to expedite the process, sorry to have kept you waiting, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-2
Use props
JD Simpson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2201050 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-2 22:56
Hi, guys, the maintenance manual will be released soon, I will contact related department to expedite the process, sorry to have kept you waiting, appreciate your patience.

Hi, has the Inspire 2 maintenance manual been released yet? Thanks very much for your help.  
2018-2-13
Use props
jwilson2598
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

I would appreciate an update this as well, since it would help with being 107 compliant.
2018-2-13
Use props
Midsouth360
lvl.2
United States

I think the common answer for any problem is "updates will be released soon".    And "soon" seems to be a relative time frame
2018-2-14
Use props
jwilson2598
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600256 ft
United States

In case anyone missed it, they did release the maintenance manual on Friday:

Inspire 2 Maintenance Manual PDF
2018-2-26
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer