19960 45 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185220 ft
United Kingdom

Morning All,

I've tried out the 360Pano feature on the Mavic since adding the latest DJI Update. The Mavic executes the shot perfectly. And I am able to process it. The App stiches the images all together nicely at the time on my iphone wihtin the DJI Go4 app and I am able to view a 'globe' shot. Im not able to export it then, or later as a 360oPanoramic image . Ive tried importing it to the photos app, importing it by removing the microSDand importing via Photos. Both of these processes appear to 'unstitch' the image. Any advice on what i may be missing or doing incorrectly would be appreciated.  I am aiming to import a full res image, as a 360 globe pano effect. I've attached the only image I am able to import.

Cheers
Rob
Pano.jpg
2017-12-2
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

I believe if you share it with SkyPixel it will show up as a globe/tiny planet.
2017-12-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I really don't know why DJI have done it this way but the stitched sphere in the app cannot be exported. You have to have a program on your PC that can stitch the photos from the sd card.
2017-12-2
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I wondered this. Thank you Jenee for replying. So it is not possible to import any 360 globe images... That's crazy that the app can stick it, and then take it apart when you export the image.. Can DJI get a fix done for this ??
2017-12-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Use DJI media maker and select spherical
2017-12-4
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-4 08:58
I wondered this. Thank you Jenee for replying. So it is not possible to import any 360 globe images... That's crazy that the app can stick it, and then take it apart when you export the image.. Can DJI get a fix done for this ??

I don't think the image is taken apart when you export it. A separate, new image is created when you stitch them in the Go4 app.

You can export the stitched image in the app. Yesterday I took a 360, stitched it, and exported it to SkyPixel:

As I recall, as I was looking at the stitched picture on the app, there's a share button/icon. Click that and you will be able to share with SkyPixel, as well as other social media platforms. I'll have to confirm the actual steps when I have the aircraft.
2017-12-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-4 10:14
I don't think the image is taken apart when you export it. A separate, new image is created when you stitch them in the Go4 app.

You can export the stitched image in the app. Yesterday I took a 360, stitched it, and exported it to SkyPixel: https://www.skypixel.com/photos/dd9d71f2-bc7b-4d8e-b7af-8301c2cc94ce

The problem with the sharing is who wants all their unedited photos shared. Would be ok if the picture is ok but many times it is not and needs some correction.
2017-12-4
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-4 21:59
The problem with the sharing is who wants all their unedited photos shared. Would be ok if the picture is ok but many times it is not and needs some correction.

Yeah, it would be nice if there was a way to edit the photos before sharing.
2017-12-5
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-4 10:14

You can export the stitched image in the app. Yesterday I took a 360, stitched it, and exported it to SkyPixel: https://www.skypixel.com/photos/dd9d71f2-bc7b-4d8e-b7af-8301c2cc94ce

Thanks for your reply. Quick question is the image exported from the app surely not a lower resolution than the image(s) stored on the micro SD Card on the drone. ?
2017-12-5
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-12-4 21:59

exactly. All the options for sharing were mostly to social media pages where it was not possible to edit the photo. Why not have a save to photos or camera roll ?   Would make a lot more sense..
2017-12-5
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-5 05:01
Thanks for your reply. Quick question is the image exported from the app surely not a lower resolution than the image(s) stored on the micro SD Card on the drone. ?

I don't have the SD card with me right now to check, but... The image I downloaded from the SD card to my phone is 8MB. I'll have to compare that with the SD card later.
2017-12-5
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-5 05:03
exactly. All the options for sharing were mostly to social media pages where it was not possible to edit the photo. Why not have a save to photos or camera roll ?   Would make a lot more sense..

So now that I think about it more, you can download the image to your phone. From there you can edit it.
2017-12-5
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-5 10:01
So now that I think about it more, you can download the image to your phone. From there you can edit it.

yes, but it downloads it to photos unstitched..
2017-12-5
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-5 10:26
yes, but it downloads it to photos unstitched..

Mine downloaded stitched together. Here's the picture from my phone:

2017-12-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting I’ve been wondering about this. Thanks good info
2017-12-5
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-5 16:36
Mine downloaded stitched together. Here's the picture from my phone:

[view_image]

Same here..my mistake..its like  yours. However when viewed in the app, its actually a globe. I cant import the 'globe' image. I would have thought DJI adding the software would have made it possible to import the 360o globe image put together. You can view it whilst the drone is airborne! Yet you cannot download the globe image once the drone has been switched off.. I cant get my head round the logic of this one.. Frustrating..
2017-12-8
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-8 02:45
Same here..my mistake..its like  yours. However when viewed in the app, its actually a globe. I cant import the 'globe' image. I would have thought DJI adding the software would have made it possible to import the 360o globe image put together. You can view it whilst the drone is airborne! Yet you cannot download the globe image once the drone has been switched off.. I cant get my head round the logic of this one.. Frustrating..

Yeah, I know what you're saying. The problem seems to be the viewer. The phone/app is capable of view the picture. You can upload it to SkyPixel which is capable of viewing/showing the picture as a globe. Heck, even Google Photos will show it as a globe.

It would be nice if there were more available tools/viewers for the globe pictures.
2017-12-8
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is it. I can now view it in sky pixel.. All the options to export it result in a URL link back to skypixel.  I was hoping simply to be able to download the 'Globe' image somehow.. Seems impossible..
2017-12-14
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-14 02:39
This is it. I can now view it in sky pixel.. All the options to export it result in a URL link back to skypixel.  I was hoping simply to be able to download the 'Globe' image somehow.. Seems impossible..

I imagine when you talk about exporting the globe, you're talking about the functionality to me able to move around the image and see it from different perspectives. Not the flat image that makes it seem like a tiny planet that isn't interactive.

The globe is really just a flat image (that's been stitched together). SkyPixel has a rendering engine that makes the flat image look like a globe.

So even if you could export the image from SkyPixel, it would be the flat image you uploaded/started with. You still need something else (an app, program, platform, etc.) to make the flat image appear as the globe.

2017-12-14
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-14 05:48
I imagine when you talk about exporting the globe, you're talking about the functionality to me able to move around the image and see it from different perspectives. Not the flat image that makes it seem like a tiny planet that isn't interactive.

The globe is really just a flat image (that's been stitched together). SkyPixel has a rendering engine that makes the flat image look like a globe.

HI CP., Thanks again. Yes thats right, I was hoping Sky Pixel would be able to export the image it had rendered as a globe,.. as a globe. OK so I could have taken a screen shot on the iPhone and captured a globe image...
2017-12-14
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-14 09:17
HI CP., Thanks again. Yes thats right, I was hoping Sky Pixel would be able to export the image it had rendered as a globe,.. as a globe. OK so I could have taken a screen shot on the iPhone and captured a globe image...

No problem. Glad it was helpful.

Maybe with 360 panos becoming more popular we'll start seeing more sites being able to render the images as globes that we can interact with, like SkyPixel.
2017-12-14
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

And.. then as if by Magic !
Tree.jpg
2017-12-18
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-18 09:44

Here's a web site that will show your pictures as 360 panos: http://panoramaviewer.1bestlink.net/. I've tried in in Chrome but haven't tried any other browsers.

WARNING: there are a lot of ads on the page, navigate carefully!

When you're on the page, drag-n-drop your image onto the "Drop a file here" box OR use the "Choose File" option. When I dropped the file onto area, it opened a new page.

I needed to select "3D Panorama View (WebGL)" from the drop-down at the top of the page. When I did that, I could see your image (which I downloaded from your original post) in the globe view.

I'm still looking to see if there are any programs that will run on a local computer to render the image as a globe.

2017-12-18
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-18 10:38
Here's a web site that will show your pictures as 360 panos: http://panoramaviewer.1bestlink.net/. I've tried in in Chrome but haven't tried any other browsers.

WARNING: there are a lot of ads on the page, navigate carefully!

HI CP,

I tried that link and even selecting 3D it didn't work..  

CHeers
Rob
2017-12-28
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Check this freeware software, http://www.wpanorama.com/wpanorama.php?r=1514487689

a viewer and making a screensaver
2017-12-28
Use props
Jffoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 709 ft
Sweden

I use DJI Media Maker to stitch the panorama, and then drag the photo to Photoshop and make the globe there..  all on the PC
2017-12-28
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Jffoto Posted at 2017-12-28 11:10
I use DJI Media Maker to stitch the panorama, and then drag the photo to Photoshop and make the globe there..  all on the PC

When you make the globe, are you able to move around the image like you can in SkyPixel?
2017-12-28
Use props
Jffoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 709 ft
Sweden

CycleParadise Posted at 2017-12-28 17:18
When you make the globe, are you able to move around the image like you can in SkyPixel?

Only way i can think of is by rotate the globe 90° or type in a number by yourself.. that way i can rotate it..  
2017-12-29
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hey DJI, look at all these comments, maybe you could update the app so that a Globe panorama image that is stiched within the app/skypixel can be exported as a globe view like this ?
Maybe add this functionality to the next update if you can .

2017-12-29
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

A CW Posted at 2017-12-4 10:03
Use DJI media maker and select spherical

Does it work also with Mavic?
2018-1-1
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-1-1 08:02

Yes, it should!!
2018-1-1
Use props
CycleParadise
lvl.4
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-29 04:41
Hey DJI, look at all these comments, maybe you could update the app so that a Globe panorama image that is stiched within the app/skypixel can be exported as a globe view like this ?
Maybe add this functionality to the next update if you can .

Awesome!!!

And great suggestion for DJI.
2018-1-1
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Thank you very much
2018-1-1
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

Thank you very much
2018-1-1
Use props
Mauro's Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 2883140 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

I made a tutorial about making 360 Tiny planets wiht the Mavic once you have taken the Panorama.

2018-1-1
Use props
M K ULTRA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
United States

Rob Hulford Posted at 2017-12-18 09:44

That shot looks awesome.  The couple of spherical panos I did saved were  by stitching in the go app and saving or screenshot the image.
2018-1-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-1-1 08:02

Yes, it works with all DJI drones that has the pano feature.
2018-1-1
Use props
ColomboPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552569 ft
Austria

The stiched ultrawide picture which is saved to your phone, can be loaded and worked on in the app for RICOH THETHA 360 cameras. And edit works pefectly there.
... you can try as an alternative.
2018-1-1
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Italy

ColomboPilot Posted at 2018-1-1 13:04
The stiched ultrawide picture which is saved to your phone, can be loaded and worked on in the app for RICOH THETHA 360 cameras. And edit works pefectly there.
... you can try as an alternative.

I’ll try it thanks
2018-1-2
Use props
fansde0ce99a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292454 ft
United States

WOW, DJI Media Maker program!  Thanks  for the tip @A CW, had never heard of that app testing now
2018-1-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules