Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best mobile device for inspire 1 And general feedback
2280 7 2015-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

i am looking into buying an inspire 1 to add to my S900.
What would people out there recommend for the mobile device/tablet.
Is it worth using the GPS map ?
I did try the lightbridge on my S900 and it failed miserably with signal loss and software issues so it was sold on. It was a shame as it promised a lot but did not produce any good results.
So what is the opinion out there on the inspire 1, does it have as many issues as the forums seem to make out. Is it reliable and supply good HD video transmission, finally what we the video and photo results like.
I do like the look of it but this time I want to do more research before I invest any further.
I look forward to any feedback particularly on the mobile device and GPS map question.
2015-4-14
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

My wife and I love our Inspire 1!  She is my camera operator and I pilot the craft.  Regarding best tablet available we use two Ipad Air 2s and they work flawlessly.  Considering the issue with the most recent firmware and all the problems on the forums I have to admit that I have not updated my craft or RX at all since purchase (yes still running old firmware and I am still flying, not been shut down) and we have had very little issues pre, during and post flight.  Out of all my flights I have lost GPS once for about 5 seconds and had the drift that is associated with that loss.  Beyond that, no issues!  Picture quality is pretty much data driven, it takes 12mp stills and 4k video, whats not to like there?  Gimbal works really well, and the craft handles wonderfully in both calm and windy conditions.  HD video stream is very nice, and I have had no issues up to 2000 feet away.  Beyond that I start to receive warnings about signal loss, but honestly, I prefer LOS flying anyways.  GPS mapping, not sure what you mean there, the map on the app is basically Google maps and it shows an up-to-date relevence between you and the craft.  Autonomous flight and GPS coordinates are not working right now if that is your question?

Wish you luck in your decision, not easy to spend that much money, but I definitely recommend buying from Amazon as their shipping and return services are best I have ever experienced!  
2015-4-14
Use props
loumetzger
lvl.1

Ireland

I use an Iphone 6plus and found it better than black pearl and I pad.
2015-4-14
Use props
REDBARON
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2456043 ft
Canada

iOS: Must be a7 chip, iPad Air or newer - includes iPad mini 2 w retina or newer....
Android: shield tablet
2015-4-14
Use props
project41
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Many thanks for all of your informed comments particularly from precisionair
This is what the forum is all about, ok time to sell my sky hero setup tp pay for the inspire 1 and iPad 2
2015-4-14
Use props
jorski
lvl.3
Flight distance : 171946 ft
Finland

How about Acer A1-840? It has got quite good specs... Full HD display, 2 GB RAM etc..
Is there anyone, who has tested it with Inpire 1? Is the video smooth?
2015-4-15
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

iPad mini 2 works well and is a good size for the controller.
2015-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules