796 13 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Ok, so I took my Spark out today and decided to do a few videos to get used to how she handles. Here is the first video (There are others, but lets just say the flying was a tad terrible). You will notice I am still a bit twitchy in places and yes that is a tree towards the end of the video (I did see it....... honest). It is not the greatest video, however I am happy with it.

2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Congratulations, a very good start in my opinion. You don't need to be shy, we have all have started once. And although I am doing videos since years (not with a drone, only have my Spark since August), I can see that I still have to go a very long way in video production before I could compete with many of the videos that are being shared here in the forum. Just keep on and thank you for sharing!
P.S. You seem to live in a really beautiful area!
2017-12-2
Use props
VicGenesis
lvl.2
United States

Great video.  My only suggestion on the video is see if you can get your drone panning a little smoother.  Maybe next time try to bring your subject into the frame by flying away from it, revealing it as the drone fly back.  It's a great way to introduce subjects into videos.  I've got a long way to go as well, but overall I think it's a good video.  
2017-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice first one!
Love the area
2017-12-2
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thank you for responses, will be posting more. Hopefully when the weather picks up a bit.
2017-12-3
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Nice first video, try to ad some cuts and transitions to spice up your videos.
2017-12-3
Use props
MEALSOLUTIONS
lvl.1
United States

That's very impressive for being a continuous shot! I definitely haven't been able to put together single cohesive shot yet. Also, I can't tell if you're already using it or not, but tripod mode is very helpful for getting smoother shots. I highly recommend it.
2017-12-4
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

Nice work. Would of been nice to start with the tree shot then pull back and up. As Wachtberger says. We all have to start somewhere.
2017-12-4
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
United Kingdom

MEALSOLUTIONS Posted at 2017-12-4 08:26
That's very impressive for being a continuous shot! I definitely haven't been able to put together single cohesive shot yet. Also, I can't tell if you're already using it or not, but tripod mode is very helpful for getting smoother shots. I highly recommend it.

Thank you for the comment. I used Tripod mode for this video, however I was a tad heavy handed with the controls. Just have to get used to being a little more gentle.
2017-12-4
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jksphoto Posted at 2017-12-4 12:46
Nice work. Would of been nice to start with the tree shot then pull back and up. As Wachtberger says. We all have to start somewhere.

Thank you for the comment. At the moment trees are my nemesis just like water hazards are my nemesis when playing golf (Seriously, send me to Africa and where my ball lands I 100% guarantee water will be there). Am looking to go and do some more this weekend (weather permitting) so will look at more creative ways to video it.
2017-12-4
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

Duncandonut Posted at 2017-12-4 15:00
Thank you for the comment. At the moment trees are my nemesis just like water hazards are my nemesis when playing golf (Seriously, send me to Africa and where my ball lands I 100% guarantee water will be there). Am looking to go and do some more this weekend (weather permitting) so will look at more creative ways to video it.

I will agree with you on the water front. Had my Spark since August, still not been over water. :-(

2017-12-5
Use props
BROLL
lvl.2
United States

Great video! Great location and impressive that you were able to do it in one continuous shot. Look forward to seeing more!
2017-12-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Not bad, this is a good start, thanks for sharing, fly safe!
2017-12-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great footage.    
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now