New User, File Size and Restart Record Question
448 1 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4418b764
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

I just got my Mavic Platinum two days ago. Spent one day getting everything charged and ready and brought it out for the first time yesterday in beginner mode, no phone. Had a great time getting to feel of the controls though I need a lot more practice. I've been diving into the videos, manuals and forums since I started saving up for the Mavic purchase.

Today I went out with the phone connected and worked on collecting some videos. I have a 64 GB card in the Mavic. It is the same card I use in my Sony camera. It seems the maximum file size is about 4GB. I seem to remember with the Sony camera that once the max size was reached a new file was started and the recording continued. I might be making that up. But definitely on the Mavic, when I came back in the house there was a single 4GB file and recording had stopped. The DJI 4 Go app crashed a couple of times so maybe that's why the video didn't restart.

What is the expected behavior? I was recording at 1080p 30 fps which is fine for my "home movie" mentality. I'd like to set record, explore my beautiful neighborhood (Shenandoah River) and not have to worry about when the recording stops. I think 64 GB with at my settings can record about 200ish minutes so the battery becomes the limiting factor. I can definitely live with that.

This is freaking fun!

Kev

2017-12-2
Use props
fans4418b764
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

It must be something I did. I went out later and recording continued across two 4G files. Same SD card, same settings. Maybe I hit the record stop button.
2017-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules