Yad Kennedy, memorial for JFK near Jerusalem
1266 13 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

Here's a special place on video. I've been waiting for an opportunity to shoot here.
Yad Kennedy, filmed here, is a memorial for John F. Kennedy on a mountain top just outside Jerusalem, Israel. There are some shots of Aminadav Forest, a pine forest surrounding the location.
A little about the place: it was inaugurated in 1966 - not so long after JFK's assassination. It was designed to resemble a mighty tree stump - a strong tree symbolizes a great man in Jewish tradition, and the tree stump is for a great man's life cut short.
The memorial is made of 51 arches, to commemorate the 50 states of the USA + the District of Columbia (Washington, DC).

2017-12-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great video!
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Shalom and thank you very much for sharing! Isn't it truly amazing how many important, remarkable, very special or just beautiful things we can see every day here from new perspectives just with our little Spark that we otherwise probably never would see?
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-2 13:42
Shalom and thank you very much for sharing! Isn't it truly amazing how many important, remarkable, very special or just beautiful things we can see every day here from new perspectives just with our little Spark that we otherwise probably never would see?

You're right on point on that one, I was just thinking that a couple of days ago...
In this case we are even more lucky... The city of Jerusalem is a NFZ in its entirety, with some spare margin... Yad Kennedy falls just outside the NFZ.
2017-12-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-2 16:17
You're right on point on that one, I was just thinking that a couple of days ago...
In this case we are even more lucky... The city of Jerusalem is a NFZ in its entirety, with some spare margin... Yad Kennedy falls just outside the NFZ.

Oh yes, now I remember that we did not fully agree on another point, right? Never mind, we should all be friends and help each other in this forum as best as we can. And in the outside world of course too!
2017-12-2
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

that was beautiful thx for sharing!!! and yes most of jerusalem is NFZ... hard to film there.. good job mate :]
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

SuperDrone Posted at 2017-12-2 18:22
that was beautiful thx for sharing!!! and yes most of jerusalem is NFZ... hard to film there.. good job mate :]

Just to note, in Yad Kennedy there is no problem to fly. It's out of the city and out of the NFZ.

It's classic for drone photography, a monument on a mountain top.
2017-12-3
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Nice video, thanks for sharing
2017-12-3
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-2 13:42

You are absolutely right Watchberger, we are lucky to be part of this community were we can share so many beautiful places in picture or video format ;-)
2017-12-3
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-12-3 03:41
Just to note, in Yad Kennedy there is no problem to fly. It's out of the city and out of the NFZ.

It's classic for drone photography, a monument on a mountain top.

yeah i know that now thanks to you mate :] in a city like jerusalem this info is crucial, thx for the Vid and the Info, keep it coming
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Israel

Sure thing, I have so many potential locations on my wish list...
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Good footage. Have fun.
2017-12-4
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

wow, thats an interesting place,  nice captured.  
2021-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules