3049 23 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay everyone, before you go doing what everyone else suggests: sync, delete, reinstall, resync - try clearing your cache first. It isn't an app issue as much is it is a maxed out cache issue. Clear your cache versus deleting your app and losing any flight data. I lost over 40 minutes of flight time today doing what everyone else suggested. Yes, that does work, but only because it just wiped out the cache.

Hope this helps and happy flying!

2017-12-2
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

Great tip, DocQuicksand. Anytime I have issues with my app I clear all my cache - not just the DJI app cache. 99% of the time that fixes it. Keep in mind if your mobile device is full or getting close to full, your apps will struggle. I moved a lot of my old photos and video from my mobile to my PC, freeing up a ton of space, and you would be amazed at how much difference that makes on all your apps' performance, not just Go4.
2017-12-2
Use props
Owewolf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 508005 ft
South Africa

Yes this is a good tip, however if you enable the option to auto delete the cache when full you would expect the app not to crash. Mine crashes regardless. DJI should really find better software engineers this is pathetic for this standard of drone.
2017-12-2
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
United States

Owewolf Posted at 2017-12-2 21:18
Yes this is a good tip, however if you enable the option to auto delete the cache when full you would expect the app not to crash. Mine crashes regardless. DJI should really find better software engineers this is pathetic for this standard of drone.

I have auto delete set and it doesn't always delete. Which, of course, makes that option sort of pointless.
2017-12-2
Use props
Owewolf
lvl.1
South Africa

EXACTLY, my cache was set at 2GB but regardless of that when its full its full,  auto delete when full then.
2017-12-2
Use props
Daniels
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89242 ft
New Zealand

I had the same issue with the app crashing continuously, couldn’t figure it out. Thankfully apple did an update and bingo, no more crash’s. Yesterday was a disaster with the app crashing constantly unfortunately for me filming a clients house, the footage is completely useless, so that cost me al lot. No worries now though thank the lord. This has been my first hiccup with DJI after an update, so that’s not bad. I use an apple iPad mini4, new apple update, all is well, happy days.
2017-12-2
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Owewolf Posted at 2017-12-2 21:18

Agreed! Think that as a user, you should find the sweet spot. If you are avid (5-10 times per week), should probaly back everything up, download and edit what you want, then wipe the cache every 3rd day. Think that will be my general rule of thumb...
2017-12-2
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ghost_ATX Posted at 2017-12-2 21:34
I have auto delete set and it doesn't always delete. Which, of course, makes that option sort of pointless.

May end up backing up after every use and not even storing a cache. Not a fan of my app crashing in the middle of flight...
2017-12-2
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Daniels Posted at 2017-12-2 21:59
I had the same issue with the app crashing continuously, couldn’t figure it out. Thankfully apple did an update and bingo, no more crash’s. Yesterday was a disaster with the app crashing constantly unfortunately for me filming a clients house, the footage is completely useless, so that cost me al lot. No worries now though thank the lord. This has been my first hiccup with DJI after an update, so that’s not bad. I use an apple iPad mini4, new apple update, all is well, happy days.

Don't think it is Apple, think it's the DJI Go app. They haven't figured out the whole excess cache thing yet. Don't be surprised, if you are saving a cache, if your app suddenly quits during use. Just know that you can still count on your RC.
2017-12-2
Use props
Owewolf
lvl.1
South Africa

Not sure what issue it is, selected Auto capacity, which gave the cache 105GB of capacity to use, selected auto delete when full. Started a flight with 0MB cached, Mavic flew fine no app crash during flight, however when viewing the footage after flight it kept crashing, then deleted the cache again only 618mb was cached its now appears fine again.
2017-12-2
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I resinsalled Go and had two successful batteries with no crashes. However on the third it crashed and locked up repeatedly. I tried clearing the cache (was only 700mb] and restarting Go again, but it still crashed. It would also frequently lock up on hitting record (for video). Hope this is resolved soon as it is a real pain!
2017-12-3
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JBInspire Posted at 2017-12-3 05:47
I resinsalled Go and had two successful batteries with no crashes. However on the third it crashed and locked up repeatedly. I tried clearing the cache (was only 700mb] and restarting Go again, but it still crashed. It would also frequently lock up on hitting record (for video). Hope this is resolved soon as it is a real pain!

Yes, very annoying. I will be keeping a much closer eye on the cache from here on out (part of my pre-flight checks). My max cache was set to clear at 2Gb, I will not let it get anywhere close. Certainly will not be uninstalling / reinstalling DJI Go anymore, can't stand losing flight data!
2017-12-3
Use props
Daniels
lvl.1
New Zealand

I'll be checking and clearing my cache tonight.
2017-12-3
Use props
fans1b57fa0d
New
United States

I tried doing all of the above and nothing worked , so to come to conclusion I ended up packing up my mavic pro fly more combo and going right back to Best Buy and returning it . 1300 bucks and a disappointing experience never want to buy DJI drones ever again . Customer support is never any help either .
2017-12-3
Use props
timber__wolf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So as a complete novice, can someone tell me how you clear the cache please??
2017-12-3
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe it's the way I'm reading it.??
I don't think it deletes the entire cache... It looks like FIFO, First in , First Out.
So it just deletes files, oldest first to keep your cache at whatever level you set.
2017-12-3
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.3
United States

fans1b57fa0d Posted at 2017-12-3 13:56
I tried doing all of the above and nothing worked , so to come to conclusion I ended up packing up my mavic pro fly more combo and going right back to Best Buy and returning it . 1300 bucks and a disappointing experience never want to buy DJI drones ever again . Customer support is never any help either .

Sorry for your issues. I've been there, believe me. But I'm always surprised at how scorched-earth people get when they are frustrated. "DJI is a horrible company!" "I'm sending my drone back!" "I'll never fly drones again!" "I'll never buy another product from DJI again!" "I'm going to sue!" etc.

I get it - I've had issues with firmware, hardware and apps. I have both a Mavic Pro and a Phantom 3 Pro and both have been grounded at different times because of wonky firmware, incompatible app upgrades, hardware issues, etc. I've had apps crash or give me bad video feedback. I've had to send my Mavic back to DJI to get the gimble replaced because it became randomly possessed - not due to a crash or anything - and I ended up paying $180 for parts and labor. No one could tell me what happened. The last firmware update for my P3P is a joke - jankety video feed, tablet heats up, random disconnects - to the point that I can only fly it reliably with Litchi or Autopilot. The P3P isn't really supported by DJI anymore so this is probably permanent, but it flies.

You'd think I'd give up after reading that paragraph, but I've been flying drones since 2013 and honestly, the good far outweighs the bad. The DJI forum is filled with complaints, but of course the people who are unhappy are going to come here and vent. If you look at some of the polls on this site, the vast majority of flyers have few issues.

And honestly, although that above paragraph looks bad, I've only had about 10% of the issues that are complained about on this site. And every issue I've had has either been addressed with a subsequent firmware/app update, hardware replacement, or work-around (Litchi/Autopilot/rolling back firmware temporarily).

People forget that these aren't toys. They are incredibly complex computers with a camera and wings. And DJI, Apple and Android all have to play nice together just to get them in the air. Apple, Google and DJI are constantly updating and tweaking their software. It's not going to go smoothly all the time.  All the rules and restrictions that DJI puts in place, as annoying as they are, aren't there to alienate customers, but to stay ahead of legislation and keep governments from banning their product. And to keep those few idiot pilots (someone used the term 'pidiots' - ha) from ruining it for everyone.

Very few things are more fun than going out on a crisp, sunny morning and flying my drones. I'm still a DJI fan, but there are other brands out there if you are not. However, you should head over to their forums and read up on some of their problems before making a switch. The grass isn't always greener.
2017-12-3
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

ghost_ATX Posted at 2017-12-3 15:53
Sorry for your issues. I've been there, believe me. But I'm always surprised at how scorched-earth people get when they are frustrated. "DJI is a horrible company!" "I'm sending my drone back!" "I'll never fly drones again!" "I'll never buy another product from DJI again!" "I'm going to sue!" etc.

I get it - I've had issues with firmware, hardware and apps. I have both a Mavic Pro and a Phantom 3 Pro and both have been grounded at different times because of wonky firmware, incompatible app upgrades, hardware issues, etc. I've had apps crash or give me bad video feedback. I've had to send my Mavic back to DJI to get the gimble replaced because it became randomly possessed - not due to a crash or anything - and I ended up paying $180 for parts and labor. No one could tell me what happened. The last firmware update for my P3P is a joke - jankety video feed, tablet heats up, random disconnects - to the point that I can only fly it reliably with Litchi or Autopilot. The P3P isn't really supported by DJI anymore so this is probably permanent, but it flies.

Well said. Thank you for sharing.
2017-12-3
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

How do you clear cache on IOS?
2017-12-3
Use props
fans1b57fa0d
New
United States

Definitely makes sense with what you said , I mean like I still like DJI products it’s cool and all and definitely fun . I first started with a phantom 3 Se and it died after flying for 2 days . Returned it and then I made the decision for the Mavic , I had a little fear that I would buy it and their would be some problems , and their was kind of like the gimbal is crooked during flight even after caliberation of the gimbal . But it’s fine I just ended up returning it because I’m no wealthy person so I kind of just used the money for other things .
378CC4BD-987E-4603-8FC8-E893032DAD91.jpeg
2017-12-3
Use props
Mawad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27605 ft
United Arab Emirates

How to clear the cache ?
2017-12-3
Use props
Daniels
lvl.1
New Zealand

timber__wolf Posted at 2017-12-3 14:34
So as a complete novice, can someone tell me how you clear the cache please??

Go onto YouTube my friend, everything you need to know will be there.
2017-12-3
Use props
fans735433b7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 552037 ft
Australia

Why on earth would DJI not announce the required update to IOS11.2 if this is the fix?
2017-12-11
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans735433b7 Posted at 2017-12-11 15:20
Why on earth would DJI not announce the required update to IOS11.2 if this is the fix?

That would only make sense!
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules