DJI Spark Doesn't Display Number of Satellites or Battery %
4058 16 2017-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TXzBRLf
lvl.1
United States

I just got the DJI Spark Fly More combo and took it out for the first time today. Using the app on my phone I had it in beginner mode. It was safe to take off it said but it never recorded a home point. It also never told me how many satallites I was connected to or what the battery % was it just said NA. But the flight time remaining was displaying.

Checking the flight log in the app it was connected to 11 satellites and I can see what the battery percentage was during flight. Question is why aren't they displaying during flight and is that why I didn't have a RTH set? Did I do something wrong? I tried plugging the other battery and just powering it on inside a moment ago and the app didn't display battery life % either.

Thanks in advance.
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_TXzBRLf
lvl.1
United States

Nevermind, just wasn't searching the right terms. It's the OTG cable and the new app. Going to try reverting back to 4.1.15 on the app.
2017-12-2
Use props
Lord-Maniac
lvl.1

United States

boy this OTG cable is a hot topic
2017-12-2
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Lord-Maniac Posted at 2017-12-2 21:09
boy this OTG cable is a hot topic

Indeed, it is!
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_CdP73rg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10853 ft
United Kingdom

I was just looking into this when I found this post. It's very annoying the OTG cable isn't fully supported.
2017-12-3
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

It’s more annoying that so many people seem to depend on it.
2017-12-3
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

It's not annoying that people want a stable flight experience after spending a considerable amount of money on a product.  It's more annoying updates are put out half baked this isn't the first issue with Android.

It's a great product, fun to fly - just want a quality software experience as well.
2017-12-3
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
United States

It's also annoying that people would describe others as annoying - just because they prefer otg stability
2017-12-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

heliman Posted at 2017-12-3 09:45
It’s more annoying that so many people seem to depend on it.

Yep
I also was knowing about it before I even bought my spark!
Also I still have mixed thoughts, to use a wifi device (in 2.4 Ghz) to connect to a RC, which can be easily disturbed by a bluetooth fit tracker. DJI support:  ".... and disabling the bluetooth of all devices on your hand"
That is full 2.4 Ghz Band, so OTG it is!
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. The situation was reflected. We would recommend users use wifi connection. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_gmJkOag
New
United Kingdom

Why would you recommend that?
2017-12-5
Use props
fans6fc6493b
New
France

I don't understand why with OTG cable linked Spark can not provide battery and fly information on dji go display, i try litchi with OTG cable but still missing battery information but i have fly information...boring!!!
2017-12-6
Use props
GJ93SPARK
New
Flight distance : 2664 ft
Australia

I'm having the same problem.
2017-12-6
Use props
djiuser_FTxf6jG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34308 ft
Singapore

https://sparkpilots.zone/index.php?threads/3181/

DJI go app 4.1.18 on Android killed the OTG cable support!?!

DJI THIS IS FRUSTRATING.. ARE U GONNA BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CRASHES DUE TO WEAK/LOSS SIGNAL BETWEEN PHONE AND RC??
2017-12-8
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
United States

Here is another thread explicitly about otg - in it DJI Electra states that dji engineers are working to bring otg back to the spark

https://forum.dji.com/thread-122902-1-1.html
2017-12-8
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
United States

In the meantime 4.1.15 still works with otg on android.

iOS 11.2 works with otg on 4.1.18
2017-12-8
Use props
dansmar
lvl.4
United States

It might be a good move if DJI would put a sticky post up regarding this, that way people can see the info at a glance and not need to do tedious searches in the forum to get to an official statement
2017-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules