6372 28 2017-12-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cuch0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96660 ft
Switzerland

Hi guys,

On my iPhone 7, when i finish editing a movie (free form or autoedit) the end-result is real laggy... How is this for you? How can i fix?

2017-12-3
Use props
Cuch0
Second Officer
Switzerland

How do i post a link to youtube here? Doesn't allow me?
2017-12-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Cuch0 Posted at 2017-12-3 05:21
How do i post a link to youtube here? Doesn't allow me?

Hi, Cuch. Did you try to reinstall your app and see if it works again? And you can upload the video to dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-3
Use props
Cuch0
Second Officer
Switzerland

Hi Elektra,

Thanks for the response. Yes, i've reinstalled the app. The strange thing is, during editing the preview is super smooth. Only after "completing" ie converting/coding the video it is laggy..

See here the result:

Thanks
2017-12-8
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

Cuch0 Posted at 2017-12-8 06:27
Hi Elektra,

Thanks for the response. Yes, i've reinstalled the app. The strange thing is, during editing the preview is super smooth. Only after "completing" ie converting/coding the video it is laggy..

which device you have?

and can you upload the real video before you edit?

if its android its in :
./SD_card/DJI/dji.go.v4/Dji_Album

very interesting... i think someone mentioned a video that came out 29.98 fps and it made the video lag:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-102160-1-1.html

i wonder if thats the case
2017-12-8
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

Nah it uses the cached video. .... Try taking the footage from the SD card and edit it.... Difference is night and day
2017-12-8
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Here's footage I done on the app
https://youtu.be/EYh7Z47QLVM
2017-12-8
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-8 12:11
Here's footage I done on the app
https://youtu.be/EYh7Z47QLVM

2017-12-8
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Now here is a different edit using the same footage from the SD card
2017-12-8
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Paul Lee Posted at 2017-12-8 12:14
Now here is a different edit using the same footage from the SD card

2017-12-8
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

i assumed he downloaded the original file to the device before editing :/
2017-12-8
Use props
Cuch0
Second Officer
Switzerland

Hi guys, thanks all for the replies!

I downloaded all footage to my phone (iPhone 7). During editing, the preview is amazing (no lag, perfect quality). The edit is done with files from drone but also videos i made with my phone.

Only after i click "complete" and it makes the video (1-100%) the result is laggy as i posted. Even if i view the video from the app (where you can share/upload it) it is laggy...

I have made some new footage this weekend, i'll try again tonight to see if it gives me the same results...

Thanks!
2017-12-11
Use props
Cuch0
Second Officer
Switzerland

Hello all,

Again, see videos. Downloaded all files from drone to my phone, created video and see the lagging end result. Very annoying, am I the only one? Might give my iPhone a factory reset...

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/videos/share/zermatt-switzerland?account=rolthof89
2017-12-13
Use props
Cuch0
Second Officer
Switzerland

https://www.skypixel.com/share/video/zermatt-switzerland
2017-12-13
Use props
fans7f1dbc07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21273 ft
United States

Is there a solution to this? I have exactly the same problem on iPhone 7 Plus and brand new iPhone X. Videos are beautiful in edit and then garbage after complete. It’s very frustrating when I want to share a short edit of my shots, which is the target market for the spark.
2017-12-23
Use props
GF007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47402 ft
Slovenia

fans7f1dbc07 Posted at 2017-12-23 22:24
Is there a solution to this? I have exactly the same problem on iPhone 7 Plus and brand new iPhone X. Videos are beautiful in edit and then garbage after complete. It’s very frustrating when I want to share a short edit of my shots, which is the target market for the spark.

Same problem here, using iPad Air. Latest iOS, latest DJI GO. HD footage from Spark, smooth in editor mode, choppy after the export.

It became a problem for me recently, previous exports were OK. Ideas on how to debug much appreciated.  
2017-12-31
Use props
Ghostbust3r
lvl.1
Germany

I have exactly the same problem this is very annoying. Whole editor thing is useless this way...
Hope to find a solution soon...
2017-12-31
Use props
Paul Lee
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Have you access to any more powerful computers?? PC/Laptop?? Could be just a poor performance from the phone or ipad.. Just a thought
2017-12-31
Use props
Ghostbust3r
lvl.1
Germany

I use an iPhone 8 ... should be enough performance ;) before exporting it into an own file it is pefectly fine in the preview (this takes actually more power here to preview it as it is rendered later)
2017-12-31
Use props
GF007
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47402 ft
Slovenia

After jerking around with several flows (also figured out that there's a random bug with audio export + app is sometimes unable to render video tweaks on existing project), I just gave up and deleted the app. Fresh DJI GO app install solves the issue (for a while at least), but you loose all existing projects.
2018-1-1
Use props
Ghostbust3r
lvl.1
Germany

I tried the same (completely removed dji go app and reinstall) but i‘m having the exact same stuttering in te exported video...
2018-1-3
Use props
Ghostbust3r
lvl.1
Germany

It works now ! I guess it was fixed with the last app update?
2018-1-6
Use props
Cuch0
Second Officer
Switzerland

Ghostbust3r Posted at 2018-1-6 13:37
It works now ! I guess it was fixed with the last app update?

Even did an iPhone reset, still stuttering issue after export... Very annoying! DJI please fix
2018-1-8
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

I had the same problem.  I also exported the footage from the dji app to my phone and edited in imovie.  It was a slight improvement  but still a bit stuttery.  I just got the update today for DJI go so hopefully it fixes the issue!   This feature is nice for a quick edit but obviously the footage of the card is going to be better quality.

2018-1-8
Use props
Mwinnun
New
United States

Outlier22 Posted at 2018-1-8 12:07
I had the same problem.  I also exported the footage from the dji app to my phone and edited in imovie.  It was a slight improvement  but still a bit stuttery.  I just got the update today for DJI go so hopefully it fixes the issue!   This feature is nice for a quick edit but obviously the footage of the card is going to be better quality.

I had this issue as well. I solved it by downloading the original file of each clip before editing. You must still have the drone powered up and connected though the controller. Hope this works for you as well.
2018-3-19
Use props
orarnoni
lvl.2
Ireland

I'm still experiencing this issue with the latest DJI Go 4 app and using the original files

I tried to disable all of the transitions and filters, but nothing helped.

Is there any update on when this issue in the app would be fixed? Do you have any other ideas for a workaround except uninstalling and re-installing the the app?
2018-11-26
Use props
Cuch0
Second Officer
Switzerland

I also still have the same problem. What helps (sometimes) is not using a filter, and only use 4 or 5 source files. Which really put limitations on using the editor in the first place.
2018-11-27
Use props
Delanera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2802 ft
Brazil

It's kind of weird but it worked.
Here I had to get in the edition with the wifi (or data) on and turned it all off before exporting, set in airplane mode with bluetooth off as well.

Restarting phone and/or removing transition were not a fix here. This was the only solution so far, as mentioned by fansfa9d3e71 at https://forum.dji.com/thread-127471-1-1.html
2019-1-2
Use props
djiuser_JwYFE3QKythT
lvl.1

Belgium

Same issue here... S9+...
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules